'Morrissey and Wine' podcast launches first episode (February 19, 2024)

The 'Morrissey and Wine' podcast, from the team behind the Morrissey Mercury fanzine, launches its first episode today.

Grandma Val reacts to a Moz song, we dissect the meanings of tracks including 'I Am Veronica' and 'I Live in Oblivion', and Mozarmy founder Julie Hamill shares some big news.

You can listen on Spotify () or Apple (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/morrissey-and-wine/id1731874317). We'll be uploading to more platforms in the coming days.

Really hope you enjoy it. All the best.

In her own words, Julie Hamill's line-up for the upcoming Moz Army Festival in April, before her long-planned step-down, will top them all -

The participants' imaginations run away with them, even though alternative information is by now readily available.

I Live in Oblivion is about an alcoholic with dementia?

No, it's about someone old, mostly forgotten about, and an invalid in hospital.

Veronica is about a prostitute?

No, it's about actress and cultural icon Veronica Lake.

As one of the guys commented, maybe their song choices and impressions are more about them than Morrissey. Achtung, babies!!

Last edited:
They should interview people who flew to Los Angeles for the shows and get their points of view.

good listen,julie has done a lot over the years,her fifteen minutes with you interviews were really good and they are worth a read,10 years is some going.

Thank you to the admins for putting this thread on the front page. It is much appreciated. And it's been great to get some feedback to the podcast.

I stopped listening once they started talking about the recent announcement of Morrissey's "exhaustion" because they said it was strange that Morrissey never really issues statements like this.

The 2 podcasters are young and don't have the history. Morrissey used to give all sorts of details on why shows were cancelled. The fact that he has given a lot less in the last 10 years is informing them in a way that is only recently true. They need to bring in an old timer from the fan base to help them understand the entire scope of Morrissey and his career from the perspective of someone who has seen it.

On top of that they had "news" that anyone who visits this website already knows. The only people who are going to listen to a Morrissey podcast probably already know what's going on.

I didn't even make it to the 7 minute mark.

Based on the comments here they did attempt to talk about the songs and failed miserably.

Is Julie's big news that Morrissey has a new manager? I see she did talk about mozarmy so maybe that's her big news.

I love her content but I couldn't be bothered to find where in the podcast they talked with her.

Back
Top Bottom