Morrissey death reports - hoax

Re: Morrissey death reports: hoax or truth?

I'm not too happy that my first posts on a board I've been reading for a decade are about something I've "wasted" two hours on. There is NOTHING coming up in news feeds tonight. Moreover, it's not even a "trending topic" on Twitter, even though it's 2 a.m. eastern standard time.

Skoal's comment about a fashion blogger being the first person to deliver the news is a salient point.

Probably some dork making a joke about the bottle he took in Liverpool.

Speak for yourself. I think the rest of us are glad that you picked the wrong tree to bark up? Morrissey seemed ok when I saw him about 34 hours ago.

Speak for yourself. I think the rest of us are glad that you picked the wrong tree to bark up? Morrissey seemed ok when I saw him about 34 hours ago.

I'll take barking up the wrong tree any day under these circumstances. The viewer numbers for this thread have just spiked, as the UK wakes up. (Fingers crossed for no news meaning good news.)

I find it more annoying (edit: or worrying, can't quite decide) that what you posted here was basically somebody asking a stupid question. There were no facts or evidences in it, yet you put the title: Morrissey death reports. In my reading a question does not equal a news item.

well, to be safe I just scanned all Parisian and French newspapers....

I find it more annoying (edit: or worrying, can't quite decide) that what you posted here was basically somebody asking a stupid question. There were no facts or evidences in it, yet you put the title: Morrissey death reports. In my reading a question does not equal a news item.

Fair comment... but give me a small break: my first time posting, and I was faced with a drop down menu presenting choices (I didn't know I could post WITHOUT having to choose one). Additonally, at the time, as one of the first people to see the "tweet," I found it immensely worrying BUT TRIED TO CONVEY THE SENSE OF UNCERTAINTY by including my own question ("hoax or truth") after the colon.

Maybe we just cut bait and agree it's far better to have had a newbie poster make a small board faux pas, rather than accurately deliver horrifying news.

I'm still in Paris, so have done a bit of digging. Apparently he left the Ritz last night and had to dodge a few photographers to reach the Black Merc awaiting him. He was last seen entering the underpass at Pont d' Alma.

;)

Long Live Morrissey

Last edited:

I agree. Don't know why you would start this thread. Other than to get a bit of attention then start an argument.

I also agree, hence my mocking.

comment from http://earsucker.com/2009/11/14/rumor-is-morrissey-dead/

"Well, last night I heard from a band I know who are on tour in Germany, they were using the same promoters as Morrissey so they heard first hand, and then the venue had a minutes silence and all sorts. They also said it wasn’t being ‘published’ til today… But I’m not sure whether to believe this or not…"

I know it's probably not true, but I feel sick.

So... Where is he right now? Shouldn't he be waking up about now and hearing about this... And telling someone to set the record straight?

....Last of the international Men of mystery, perhaps????
I would suggest he milks this for a while.....the publicity he has been getting recently can surely only shift a few more records....but not TOO Long, Old Bean....some fans are genuinely worried....

....Last of the international Men of mystery, perhaps????
I would suggest he milks this for a while.....the publicity he has been getting recently can surely only shift a few more records....but not TOO Long, Old Bean....some fans are genuinely worried....

I'd hate to imagine that he'd allow me to suffer like this for long. :[

Tags
don't panic!
Back
Top Bottom