Morrissey feautured in the ".encyclopedia dramatica"

Yeah. Thanks. The worst part about that link? It led me, via a meandering and circuitous route, to an LJ featuring slash about persons active in the Manchester music scene... of twenty five years ago. That, I did not need to envision. So, in other words, thanks for nothing.

I won't sleep tonight. And not in a good way.

If I walked into Hot Topic the music would screech to a halt, and the teenybopper (yes, they are) sales staff would snicker into their too-tight sleeves. I'm quite sure they have some kind of anti-stroller speedbumps installed at the front.

If they sold Moz shirts in Ann Taylor or J.Jill, I would be right at home. I am old. I'm one of those who've been along for the ride since... well, right after the Smiths/Moz split. And I'm old. Did I mention that?

So, no Hot Topic for me. Sorry. But thanks.

The only part I really thought was funny on the page was the link to the fanfiction. Not because the fic itself was funny, but because someone out there actually thinks about having sex with Mike Joyce.

They sell Morrissey shirts in Hot Topic because those shitty emo bands mention they like him ( to be interesting, unique or ironic) and then all their little 12 year old fans have to have a shirt of their favorite bassist's singer because they think it makes THEM interesting unique or ironic.

GAG ME WITH A SPOON...............

Whenever I see a young kid in a Moz/Smiths t-shirt out I am tempted to say, "Hey nice shirt!" and have a little conversation like I do when I see people in Depeche Mode shirts, but I know the person wearing them might not even know more than 1 Smiths song.

Mean..yes, but I'm very possesive..I don't go around wearing New York Doll shirts because Morrissey likes them. I think they are stupid actually...but that's another topic I am sure!! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
If I walked into Hot Topic the music would screech to a halt, and the teenybopper (yes, they are) sales staff would snicker into their too-tight sleeves. I'm quite sure they have some kind of anti-stroller speedbumps installed at the front.

If they sold Moz shirts in Ann Taylor or J.Jill, I would be right at home. I am old. I'm one of those who've been along for the ride since... well, right after the Smiths/Moz split. And I'm old. Did I mention that?

The staff at Hot Topic gives me dirty looks when I walk in. One day I gonna grab one of them by their dog chained necklaces and tell them that I was wearing dog chain necklaces before they were even a glint in their mother's eye.

On a side note.. I don't wear dog chained necklaces anymore..I am 26..LOL
Still...it's the principle.. :)

"Moz is still a vegetarian and still chaste, despite the myriad fat goth Tori Amos fans who want to f*** his brains out and cook an all meat-grill for him in the morning"

ROFL

"...they bore others with constant and vivid recreations of the day they found a ‘This Charming Man’ single for $3 in a charity store."

If I found This Charming Man for $3 in a charity store, I'd hang a sign on the front of my house!

Coiff.

Whenever I see a young kid in a Moz/Smiths t-shirt out I am tempted to say, "Hey nice shirt!" and have a little conversation like I do when I see people in Depeche Mode shirts, but I know the person wearing them might not even know more than 1 Smiths song.

In all fairness, I'm 15 and I'm a massive Moz/Smiths fan, absolutely obsessed, it's not all of us who are like that, but I can see what you're saying I hate the kids out there who pretend to like him due to Pete Wentz or someone from bands like fallout boy name dropping him. If they do genuinely get into his music through that, then fair enough, but nothing ticks me off more than those people who don't actually like him and are doing it to "please" or show "commitment" to the band that namedropped them.

They sell Morrissey shirts in Hot Topic because those shitty emo bands mention they like him ( to be interesting, unique or ironic) and then all their little 12 year old fans have to have a shirt of their favorite bassist's singer because they think it makes THEM interesting unique or ironic.

GAG ME WITH A SPOON...............

Mean..yes, but I'm very possesive..I don't go around wearing New York Doll shirts because Morrissey likes them. I think they are stupid actually...but that's another topic I am sure!! =)

if you think that the dolls are stupid then you dont got no reason to be hating on 13 year olds who might not know one song.

you sound like an idiot.

and before you type out an elaborate reply know that i wont have time to respond at least not in the next 9 hours. mamas got to go to go brooklyn right now for another shit ass outdoor indie rock festival. someones got ta be a hipster it might as well be me. heres to hot topic making animal collective t shirts sometime in 2023!

vintage smiths t shirts were really "in" with silly teenagers awhile ago, i think they still are. not that i shop at hot topic, i confess ive never been to a hot topic store, but i have seen many times the clothing and accesories they make.

and i did see this charming man single the other day! i didnt feel like buying it for even 1 second.

Fantastic site. It's like an advanced sneak preview of the end of Western Civilization. lulz!

if you think that the dolls are stupid then you dont got no reason to be hating on 13 year olds who might not know one song.

you sound like an idiot.

I don't go around wearing Dolls shirts pretending I like them to be hip. That's my point.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it's a disgrace that there is morrissey stuff at hot topic. more fuel for the 'morrissey started emo' fire which is totally untrue, at least in my opinion.

I did get a nice moz bag there though. hahaha! I hate going in there, I am confident enough with myself that i don't have to try so f***in hard like the people who work there and 80% of the other customers. Pregs if you want to go in there w/the baby stroller you do it! They have baby clothes anyway (I even bought some for the future baby bog that does not exist yet, in case the fad to have morrissey and ramones baby clothes goes away before it is 'time').

Back
Top Bottom