Morrissey interview in Boulder Weekly

Re: Morrissey interview in Boulder Weekly

Oh dear....where would one even begin to debunk this ludicrous ventilation of tired old tropes and re-hashed embellished memories? We could begin with the bizarre claim that his schooling was especially difficult, even though he has been publicly challenged as to the veracity of his claims/refutations around 'inappropriate' teachers...16 years of free state education which he flunked, but it's always somebody else's fault. It's simply not credible to accept his views on his schools as most of his peers do not recall any such sinister environment, it appears to be a post-factum confection to suggest trial and tribulations when there was merely a loving, cosseted mother indulging the apprentice diva.

I love the Vocal Martyr histrionic ending. Thank goodness we also have Ralf Hutter and Florian Schneider as antidote/antithesis to this pathetic attempt to re-instate The Hegemony Of The Voice in popular music. He's no different that the cavalry of Melisma merchants on X Factor/BGT who sadly imagine that a 'good voice' is all you need. Morrissey's voice has been trained like a military cadet. It wasn't very good when he started out, it's all a result of careerist training and discipline, he'd have made a good TDF cyclist. Ralf Hutter, at 67, can do 2 shows a night and with his 84 hour work-week you know that Morrissey wishes he could keep up with the real uber-mensches like Ralf and Mick Jagger, but he can't.

I'm busy watching the Tour De France now but I'll get back to this later when I've nothing better to do....

best
TGOBB
in MAMIL mode

Last edited:
Oh don't feel so sad for him love, he is a beloved f***ing millionare who would have despised a normal life and would have gived it up a million Times for Fortune and fame. I would, lets not kidd ourselfs its not only the art Morrissey is in it for. Its not the money but not only the art. Hell he wants a uneraseable legacy and the Love and adoration. It started with a desire to escape the bleak and mundane life and ended in a unclenchable thirst for validation and attention

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree with this. But i will still support him to the day i die

We have already erased his legacy. He is now an object of scorn and ridicule. You clearly understand you have a Cult Indoctrination problem but are not yet ready to seek help to escape. We wish you well on your journey of recovery and your decision not to waste a huge sum of money to see him in London is a hopeful sign. Many other cult casualties have made the same decision. Things are improving!

best
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy: Slayer of Trolls and Cult Propaganda Smurfs.

T T Y STATEMENT ( UPDATE )

UK RECORD STORE SIGNINGS

Morrissey will be signing a very limited number of his latest release on vinyl ( available in store on the day limited to 23 per person ). Titled ' KERRYGOLD ' It features a host of songs that have had a huge influence on his vegetarian career.
"I've wanted to do this album since the earth was created" he said in an e-mail interview with his Mum Betty, " I just hope those that didn't make the final track listing won't be to put out, but who knows ? ( now that's what I call music only meant to release one album ! and they're still "churning" it out ! ( KERCHING! ).
KERRYGOLD also features a rare collaboration with John Shuttleworth on the track ' Can't go back to savoury now ', " I've always admired Johns work, particularly live, he doesn't ' perform ' he's not a circus act or seal, but something just takes over, it's so joyful and celebratory"

17th August :- GO RECORDS COTTINGHAM RD KINGSTON UPON HULL. doors open 10:00 am

19th August :- VINYL BOUTIQUE RECORDS 88 PARKWAY CAMDEN TOWN. doors open 10:13 am

Please note Morrissey will only be signing vinyl copies of KERRYGOLD purchased in store on the day (one photo per person but strictly no saying "cheese" )

KERRYGOLD limited vinyl £ 33:99
SIGNITURE. £ 9:99
+ a free signed drum skin signed to a local animal sanctuary for every £1,500 made on the day, please fill in the animal sanctuary of your choice slip on the door.
Please note anyone called Benny will be ejected without rhyme or reason.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

LOL, why set the limit at 23? boxes of lps would end up sitting there unsold. 2300 would be an efficient quota.

sitting around in hotel lobbies and drinking cognac with damon is the life of danger that moz lives.

And yet in other threads you accuse him of being a cult leader... So you're claiming he has failed and yet simultaneously succeeded by your own definitions.

Do tell us the measure by which you judge success. Given that he continues to sell out all over the world and his audience continues to buy tickets despite having been cancelled on endlessly, clearly he has a large and indefatigable international audience. This doesn't seem like a failure to achieve global fame at all, quite the opposite in fact. Let me guess - the audience is "wrong", those millions of people all over the world are all "sycophants", they all lack the "insight" that only you pretend to have?

Your posts are increasingly reminiscent of the Tories, the Daily Mail and The Sun - nothing more than desperate attempts to insist that day is night, to spin what is really happening as something entirely different. But while it's easy to understand why the Tories, the Mail and The Sun do what they do, it's less easy to understand your motivation. What is at stake that compels you to waste so much of your time here to no effect whatsoever? Is it bitterness, envy, projection, mental illness? Everyone sees through you - no one is fooled by your pathetic little efforts to mischaracterise the man and his career. Why do you spend so much time here when no one at all takes you remotely seriously? What do you hope to achieve by posting the kind of stuff that you do when no one respects your opinion, when many registered users have blocked you, and when very few Anonymous users actually bother read your posts in full...?

And while you were away on your trip (thanks for the updates, by the way, the hallmark of a narcissist to assume that so many strangers actually care), how many hotels that you stayed in contained leather furnishings and/or animal flesh in the kitchens? Did you check beforehand or did you carry out a comprehensive inspection of the premises before checking in?

I agree with others who have characterised you as a fraud and a hypocrite.

On point, through and through.

T T Y STATEMENT ( UPDATE )

UK RECORD STORE SIGNINGS

Morrissey will be signing a very limited number of his latest release on vinyl ( available in store on the day limited to 23 per person ). Titled ' KERRYGOLD ' It features a host of songs that have had a huge influence on his vegetarian career.
"I've wanted to do this album since the earth was created" he said in an e-mail interview with his Mum Betty, " I just hope those that didn't make the final track listing won't be to put out, but who knows ? ( now that's what I call music only meant to release one album ! and they're still "churning" it out ! ( KERCHING! ).
KERRYGOLD also features a rare collaboration with John Shuttleworth on the track ' Can't go back to savoury now ', " I've always admired Johns work, particularly live, he doesn't ' perform ' he's not a circus act or seal, but something just takes over, it's so joyful and celebratory"

17th August :- GO RECORDS COTTINGHAM RD KINGSTON UPON HULL. doors open 10:00 am

19th August :- VINYL BOUTIQUE RECORDS 88 PARKWAY CAMDEN TOWN. doors open 10:13 am

Please note Morrissey will only be signing vinyl copies of KERRYGOLD purchased in store on the day (one photo per person but strictly no saying "cheese" )

KERRYGOLD limited vinyl £ 33:99
SIGNITURE. £ 9:99
+ a free signed drum skin signed to a local animal sanctuary for every £1,500 made on the day, please fill in the animal sanctuary of your choice slip on the door.
Please note anyone called Benny will be ejected without rhyme or reason.

That's unbelievable ! I work about 73 yards further down Cottingham road ! I shall call in on Monday and see if I can find out anymore info. Don't worry I will post constant updates.

Bryan

I agree with a lot of what you what you say. Imagine if he accepted he is 56 and looked at and talked about the world as a 56 year old, maybe things would be easier on the ear. To some extent there are things he says that I still agree with but theres an awful lot I don't. An example being the Royalty - yes when I was young it was f*** the Royals, now I appreciate whet they do for the country. Christ, I have young kids now and they can't wait to see William and Kate as the new King and Queen, wonder how they would view me pogoing the The Queen Is Dead!!

JB is a clear thinker. I often agree with his insight into things Morrissey. I would add that Morrissey also has lost the plot as it relates to attracting a new audience or even keeping his existing and loyal fans based on the unending, dirge laden set lists that he continues to pursue. IMHO every concert could have three slow tempo songs. Songs such as Yes I am Blind, or Trouble Loves Me. Starting off (like he has been doing) with TQID and Suedehead gets the crowd energized. Then he goes into the whole WPINOYB catalog that some people like, but many either don't like or don't know because of lack of familiarity.

Adding Bullfighter, Ganglord, and Meat is a complete an utter "screech to a halt" downer. JB's comment about his "lack of a smile" turn holds weight. Where is the fun? Where is the tongue in cheek that I loved the most about him? Yes, he is older as am I and he seems to be taking things more seriously. But at what cost? I also agree with JB that Quarry was his last great work. The pop rock sensibility has completely evaporated. Maybe a complete flush of the band (except Boz of course) would be refreshing. He doesn't write the music, but now no one does.

Also as an American, I have never had a problem with the Royal family. Maybe the things they do, or say, rub the English the wrong way. I can't speak to that, but Will and Kate are beautiful, in love and to me are doing their best to be good people and raise their children in a loving manner. Good for them.

sitting around in hotel lobbies and drinking cognac with damon is the life of danger that moz lives.

Hang on a minute it's not all sitting around and sipping Cognac with his boyfriend you know ! What about all the hard work he puts in e-mailing animal cruelty statements to tty !
That can be very draining especially if your having trouble connecting to the hotel wi-fi.
Come on jees, cut him some slack people ffs what has he gotta do ? There's just no pleasing you solo lot is there ?

I can't wait for Kerrygold to come out. Please God no flamenco nonsence and please again God no freakin jesse nonsence. Let's hope it's a re-birth after all the crazy shit we've had to put up lately.
I would love to go back to the old days.

JB is a clear thinker. I often agree with his insight into things Morrissey. I would add that Morrissey also has lost the plot as it relates to attracting a new audience or even keeping his existing and loyal fans based on the unending, dirge laden set lists that he continues to pursue. IMHO every concert could have three slow tempo songs. Songs such as Yes I am Blind, or Trouble Loves Me. Starting off (like he has been doing) with TQID and Suedehead gets the crowd energized. Then he goes into the whole WPINOYB catalog that some people like, but many either don't like or don't know because of lack of familiarity.

Adding Bullfighter, Ganglord, and Meat is a complete an utter "screech to a halt" downer. JB's comment about his "lack of a smile" turn holds weight. Where is the fun? Where is the tongue in cheek that I loved the most about him? Yes, he is older as am I and he seems to be taking things more seriously. But at what cost? I also agree with JB that Quarry was his last great work. The pop rock sensibility has completely evaporated. Maybe a complete flush of the band (except Boz of course) would be refreshing. He doesn't write the music, but now no one does.

Also as an American, I have never had a problem with the Royal family. Maybe the things they do, or say, rub the English the wrong way. I can't speak to that, but Will and Kate are beautiful, in love and to me are doing their best to be good people and raise their children in a loving manner. Good for them.

For f***'s sake! He can't play 20 fast songs in a row anymore. Somehow you still haven't understood that.

can someone please post the artwork for the upcoming Kerrygold album? thank you in advance. cant wait for it.

Kerrygold?! Is this one of Benny's clever quips :)

Btw I don't think you are the quarry was his last masterpiece(although it was a masterpiece) ROTT had some gems. Dear god please help me was my first moz and smiths song. One of my absolute favorite because of that. Morrisssey solo masterpiece is bona drag. Don't care if it's a comp the album is unbelievable. If he played bona drag full in concert just once I could die happy.

Viva bona drag! Even the album cover is worthy of a marriage proposal

Last edited by a moderator:
For f***'s sake! He can't play 20 fast songs in a row anymore. Somehow you still haven't understood that.

You are as bright as a starless night. He doesn't PLAY anything! He is a singer. I understand quite well thank you. I think many here would agree that if you are standing, and we want to stand that it would be great to be able to move and be invigorated by his great catalog of great songs. Not stand and listen and stare at slow, slogging songs and videos. If this is what he wants, he should go on a seated theater circuit. You obviously can't read, or retain what you read because I wrote that a few slow songs would suit the concert quite well, but not HALF! His music is extremely capable of moving people. Why not more of the hips and less of the mind? That's all.

Last edited:
Kerrygold?! Is this one of Benny's clever quips :)

Btw I don't think you are the quarry was his last masterpiece(although it was a masterpiece) ROTT had some gems. Dear god please help me was my first moz and smiths song. One of my absolute favorite because of that. Morrisssey solo masterpiece is bona drag. Don't care if it's a comp the album is unbelievable. If he played bona drag full in concert just once I could die happy.

Viva bona drag! Even the album cover is worthy of a marriage proposal

Yes. Kerrygold is a cheese reference made by Benny as Moz's new album. To contain songs such as:

Cheese, Cheese Let Me Get What I Want and

All You Need is Brie ;)

I completely agree about Bona Drag. I saw him in concert in Vegas when the album came out and it was fantastic!

''Doing their best to be good people and raise their children in a loving manner'' - You make it sound as though life is tough for them! The reason many people hate the Royal Family is that, solely by the accident of birth, from the day they're born they know that they will never have any hardship in their life. It's not the things they do, it's the things they don't do. They serve no purpose, aside from scrounging taxes, and, even if they did, the monarchy would still be unfair, undemocratic, antiquated, and immoral.

They're certainly not beautiful, either.

Back
Top Bottom