Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY IS PLAYED ON THE RADIO:" (December 7, 2022)

MORRISSEY IS PLAYED ON THE RADIO:

0-7_mihfqc.jpg

THOUSANDS CHOKE TO DEATH, WORLD WAR LIKELY.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
May be he has a deal with Capitol but I don't think they have released the single. On Spotify they name the record company but for Rebels it just says Morrissey.

Morrissey is also listed as a publisher on YouTube/YouTube Music, along with Warner, but not Universal Music Group (who own Capitol), or Capitol themselves.

As we NEVER tire of pointing out - we're almost at the end. Please may it be possible that some adult can sit him down and explain the postmodern model of the music 'bis' to him?

BOT is, based on what we've heard in the mega-stadia of Stockton and Blackpool, a middling (at best) set of inconsequential tinkles which may have, in better times, graced portmanteau releases such as MBY and Swords (he used to be VERY good at that, didn't he? Long history from HOH onwards).

And yet, it's no longer really about the music, is it? These later years are now fully sustained by the GRUDGE, by the BITTERNESS and the ANGER at a musical universe that no longer gives a care what he records and a dwindling audience of obsessives devoid of any sense of critical awareness.

BOT will (hopefully) remain on the shelf because, it's just not very good. Little reason to hope that the next collection will be any different.

If him and his peeps REALLY want to 'release' BOT then do it, do it now online. But, for the love of little baby Jesus so close to his birthday, stop blaming everyone else.

We now await St Fiona of the Hopeless Cause to weigh in with her two-pennorth on the cruelty of it all - give it a rest, pet.

As we sit sipping early morning espressos on the chilly balcony of our Angel Meadows eyrie, we gaze upon a Manchester changing and moving on. Changing. Moving on.
What a lovely post. But get yourself indoors pet, as you say it is very chilly outside. Keep up the grand work x

What a lovely post. But get yourself indoors pet, as you say it is very chilly outside. Keep up the grand work x
Ooof, Janice! You're a live one and make no mistake. Sullivan had a good chortle and mentioned something about giving you the 'length of his tongue', which would be interesting, for both of you. Take care, my dear!

May be he has a deal with Capitol but I don't think they have released the single. On Spotify they name the record company but for Rebels it just says Morrissey.

He should just self release at this point, in digital formats. I know he wants to release physical formats, such as vinyl (as I would like him to), but he just doesn't command that sort of selling power anymore, with Low In High School not exactly flying off shelves and not being so good that people MUST keep a hold of their copies (e.g. check eBay and Amazon for brand new copies of Low In High School vinyl LPs).

Even if he does publish in physical formats, I can hardly see it gaining him many new fans/followers, so what would be the point in a company investing the cash? He should just stick to playing smaller, nicer venues to the die hard fans and those who have never seen him before but just want to see him for the experience of hearing a few Smiths and early solo classics live. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and I'd say it's far, far more dignified than constantly begging for a record deal when one isn't forthcoming, posting nonsense on Central and all the woe is me nonsense, like this Central post.

And Peter Hook is 66 and also playing 3 hour sets. You mentioned commitment earlier, on one date on their recent the US tour, their flight was cancelled, so they got a later one, their gear didn’t turn up so they hired some locally and they were that late to the venue they walked on the stage with their suitcases and still did a 2 hour set.
I was talking to someone about Hooky recently and how I love his commitment to this whole thing he does. He knows his better song writing days are behind him but he also knows what his legacy is, how important he is to music and how much the fans love it and him and he too embraces it with so much love. He doesn't need the next best album, he goes out and plays the older albums in their entireties with some other classics thrown and and he tours forever on it. Now he is doing the Substance albums by Joy Divsion and New Order. Hopefully I will make it to this one if he brings it to Boston (He was here in August with Closer and Uknown Pleasures). He sells out here all the time. I just love this, seeing the artist enjoy is as much as we do and thinking of different ways to bring it to us, no complaining, just a great time. I am probably preaching to the choir here because I am sure you've already been.

I was talking to someone about Hooky recently and how I love his commitment to this whole thing he does. He knows his better song writing days are behind him but he also knows what his legacy is, how important he is to music and how much the fans love it and him and he too embraces it with so much love. He doesn't need the next best album, he goes out and plays the older albums in their entireties with some other classics thrown and and he tours forever on it. Now he is doing the Substance albums by Joy Divsion and New Order. Hopefully I will make it to this one if he brings it to Boston (He was here in August with Closer and Uknown Pleasures). He sells out here all the time. I just love this, seeing the artist enjoy is as much as we do and thinking of different ways to bring it to us, no complaining, just a great time. I am probably preaching to the choir here because I am sure you've already been.

I've only seen him the once, at Holmfirth a few years ago, and he and his band were fantastic. A set of a couple hours playing all the classics from Joy Division's and New Order's back catalog. What a show.

I know it is a bit vague on some platforms. I remember one of the admins on here found Capitol records/UMG as the label on a listening platform. I can't remember which.
On Apple Music it says Morrissey, under exclusive licence to UMG Recordings, Inc.

I've only seen him the once, at Holmfirth a few years ago, and he and his band were fantastic. A set of a couple hours playing all the classics from Joy Division's and New Order's back catalog. What a show.
I really NEED to go, I have had tickets several times because I will buy tickets to things whether I am sure if I can actually go or not (done it with Moz too) but so many people have said what you have that I really do need to go at least once. I would love to see this Substance tour.

Agree with all of this, he's doing 3 nights at Manchester Albert Hall in April and a completely different set each night.

I really NEED to go, I have had tickets several times because I will buy tickets to things whether I am sure if I can actually go or not (done it with Moz too) but so many people have said what you have that I really do need to go at least once. I would love to see this Substance tour.
Deffo should. I've only seen New Order once, at the Granada Studios during the Manc International Festival, but Peter Hook and the Light put on a better show.

Agree with all of this, he's doing 3 nights at Manchester Albert Hall in April and a completely different set each night.

That looks fantastic. I bet you're going. I have long said it's so unfair how you all in the UK get so many great shows, I am pretty jealous.

Deffo should. I've only seen New Order once, at the Granada Studios during the Manc International Festival, but Peter Hook and the Light put on a better show.
I have seen New Order twice, once in 1989 and once in 2013. I had tix to this recent PSB tour but got a refund because the covid thing was driving me crazy.

Yes New Order shows are too polished nowadays (still good though), with Hooky you get that rawness that they had back in the day.

Genuinely wondering how someone can write this and even be a fan of Morrissey. If you hate overdramatic, theatrical, comical, narcissistic, self-indulgent self-pity...what do you enjoy about Morrissey?? All that stuff is why I love his lyrics.
To write them as lyrics is one thing, to act like a spoiled child is another.
I remember reading a story about Elton John and the point when he said he knew his ego had gone too far and he needed help. It was raining one day and he said ' can anyone do something about this rain?' and he was serious, he literally wanted someone to find a way to change the weather for him, he realized how out of touch he was. Morrissey will never have this realization. Having a laugh with Noel Gallagher over canceling shows saying he has pneumonia, he is laughing at the fans who tolerate this and come begging back for me, which there seem to be less and less of. I will just enjoy the older stuff I like, and continue to complain, cos I can.

To write them as lyrics is one thing, to act like a spoiled child is another.
I remember reading a story about Elton John and the point when he said he knew his ego had gone too far and he needed help. It was raining one day and he said ' can anyone do something about this rain?' and he was serious, he literally wanted someone to find a way to change the weather for him, he realized how out of touch he was. Morrissey will never have this realization. Having a laugh with Noel Gallagher over canceling shows saying he has pneumonia, he is laughing at the fans who tolerate this and come begging back for me, which there seem to be less and less of. I will just enjoy the older stuff I like, and continue to complain, cos I can.

God, I hadn't seen that Noel clip. I've always found Morrissey's cancelling because of "illness" suspicious, but hearing Noel tell that tale is just awful. Just openly lying about being ill because he can't be bothered to turn up for his paying fans, in LA of all places, where has many die hards.

I remember reading a story about Elton John and the point when he said he knew his ego had gone too far and he needed help. It was raining one day and he said ' can anyone do something about this rain?' and he was serious, he literally wanted someone to find a way to change the weather for him, he realized how out of touch he was. Morrissey will never have this realization.

And in a way, that's what's great about Morrissey. He will go down the loony lane undeterred. It's Sunset Boulevard, Howard Hughes, and the last years of Kerouac; Dodwell as his Boswell, with his idiot nephew giving his legacy a puerile alt-right Pepe the Frog sheen, like Elisabeth Nietzsche taking advantage of her brother's incapacitation to edit his works with an anti-Semitic bent. It's really the only way it could've gone for Morrissey. He's always followed his eccentric instincts, even when they're bad. It's what separates him from more palatable artists like Elton John.

And in a way, that's what's great about Morrissey. He will go down the loony lane undeterred. It's Sunset Boulevard, Howard Hughes, and the last years of Kerouac; Dodwell as his Boswell, with his idiot nephew giving his legacy a puerile alt-right Pepe the Frog sheen, like Elisabeth Nietzsche taking advantage of her brother's incapacitation to edit his works with an anti-Semitic bent. It's really the only way it could've gone for Morrissey. He's always followed his eccentric instincts, even when they're bad. It's what separates him from more palatable artists like Elton John.
My! We - wish we'd written this!

Back
Top Bottom