Morrissey on "Conan" (Nov. 29, 2011) - reminder / reports

TheRe's a sOft voice Singing in your hEad
Who could tHis be?
I do belIeve iT's mE

time for your medication, not me

anonymous coward

this site lost it's identity, yes the admin and moderators are all regulars

most shit come from people like you anonymous, as I typerd 49 tiumes before, that
David must agree with register only, if you want to comment, it stays free to read

ta

' and they say he's mentall' :crazy:

anonymous coward

most shit come from people like you anonymous, as I typerd 49 tiumes before, that
David must agree with register only, if you want to comment, it stays free to read

ta

Yes, Language communication English is first not language.

I thought Moz sounded great and the song had some really nice energy to it. It's probably my least favorite of the new songs (really liking Art-Hounds, Scandinavia, & Action is My Middle Name), but it came across better than I thought it would here. I still think they need to tone back the wall of guitar noise and general "loud" they're going for and find that nice sound from Vauxhall & I, but Morrissey looked and sounded good. Glad to see him being a little playful again, too.

anonymous coward

ta

Hey Celibate, you're right, the number of Anonymous posts appears to be on the rise and alot of these are either gibberish or offensive. I know the names we put up are essentially meaningless but atleast it gives one an identity that you can respond to.

Hi everybody!
I would like to know if the girl on their t-shirts is Nancy sinatra or Marianne Faithfull, could you help me please? thank you all!

Inmaculada Concepción

I was at the show for the taping with backroom access. Suprised to see what type of personnel Morrissey surrounds himself with. Uneducated gruffs for the most part. His band are over confident considering their ability. The sound was absolutely horrible. Was standing outside and saw Jesse Tobias leave the Warner Brothers Studio parking lot. He drives a car worthy of his guitar playing....A Honda Element.

Okay, that made my day. :p

My friend who doesn't post here watched it and her impression was that he seemed happy. That normally he seems like he'd rather be doing something else on tv appearances but this time he seemed like he really wanted to be there and was relaxed about it. I love that.

Hello to the 2 t shirt enquiries - it is Nico ♥

It was indeed Nico, but by Twitter, at first glance, it looked like Bieber. I thought the sky would rend and the ground split. Roses would fall from the studio roof and Conan the Barbarian would be tetanused to death by devoidless thorns.

But it didn't happen.

Still, we have Oakland tonight - will he sneeze at the rose or be pleased at the rose? Will Moz beat Boz or will Boz eat Moz? or will they be drowned in a sea of thornless roses.

I dunno.

Morrissey doesn't have a record deal because his records don't sell because he doesn't get airplay. His fans buy them but that's really it. Add in that Morrissey wants to release records the way it was done in the past when digital music sales didn't exist and it's very hard for him to find a suitable deal. Record companies don't see Morrissey as a money generator so the interest in minimal.

Bored, regardless of what others say, your assessment is 100% on the mark.

Dear Andy,
I know the truth
What's YOUR excuse?
I Love You

Guess who

Morrissey's Horoscopes for Thursday December 1st:

As a social person, you probably have a database filled with influential contacts. You are not one to abuse your associations, which is why you can call upon others at any time. Don’t feel guilty asking for help. You probably have a few favors due to come your way, so use your influence now to move forward.

You will need to keep a sense of perspective today, especially in situations where large sums of money could be up for grabs. Yes, of course, you want to be rich, but is it worth selling your soul for?

Steven Patrick Morrissey is my Baby. I keep him safe cradled in my heart.I Love him so much. He is precious. Morrissey looked so gorgeous on the t.v.and I want to see him because I miss him. He shall always be My Baby.

Then our creator had to stumble and stall. Then our creator made the biggest mistake of all.

This song takes the cake. I love Scandinavia. It is my favorite and I hope Morrissey plays it tonight.

I cursed the heart and soul of Scandinavia. I praise the God that made you. These lyrics are truly inspirational. I live my life according to these lyrics. Only Morrissey the genius could conjure up these lyrics.

I also love The Fan is the Same Everywhere. Take me anywhere I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care.

Dammit, completely forgot to watch this. Oh well. A cheeseburger and youtube will do.

Bored, regardless of what others say, your assessment is 100% on the mark.

I wish the digital music industry didn't exist. I have never purchased online music. I like to have something physical to hold. Music to me is about the entire package. The sleeve design, the liner notes, the credits, the lyric sheet, the fonts.. it's all one big thing and itunes just runes it all. I don't blame Morrissey for waiting to get another deal because these things mean a lot to him too.

If I was able to determine the fate I would have it be that Morrissey did get a deal and there would be no itunes versions of the music. Sadly I'm not a god.

While The Spill Canvas never had the success Morrissey has had they just got out of their deal with Sire and they are using kickstarter.com to raise money so they can record a new albumn. I have a feeling that album will be digital download only. They went from being a band on a major label that toured the US and was able to fill venues comparable to what James does in this country to being on the internet getting money together to make a record and distribute it themselves.

Times are just different and they are simply worse.

Back
Top Bottom