Morrissey signed to Rupture Records in France, new album ready for release?

Mr. L writes:

Great news!

I just wanted to let you know that Morrissey has signed a new record deal with Rupture Records, a small French Label (also a communication agency and an about-to-open vinyl record store in Paris).

The deal is surprisingly modest, but I was told that the album was fully ready and recorded, and the design aspects are complete.

We know he had around 15 new songs written about two years ago.
If there are a two really good, catchy songs on the album which are released as singles, Radios 2 and 6, Absolute and XfM will play them, and the album will potentially do as well as any other he's released this century. It won't really matter what kind of deal he gets, although it'll need to include proper, if basic, videos to the singles i.e. not just him reading out the words.
None of that will happen. The radio is for tone deaf frauds who think Ed Sheeran is the pinnacle of music and misanthropic masculinity. The radio is not for people with intelligence or taste in music. They will never play Moz again. Moz will never make an effort to make a proper video again. His last decent video was November Spawned A Monster. A catchy Morrissey song is something that the fans like. Its not what attention deficit disordered degenerate cellphone cradling crybaby cretins listen to anymore. I've just sent myself into a coma with an abundance of alliteration.
Now can I undermine myself by saying that I hope you are right. But I'd settle for a new album as good as the last one.

Last edited:
Its ACTON! Without the exclamation mark.

I'd like to say I'll try harder next time but I think we all know my conviction and commitment to grammatical diligence so I won't lie to you. Sorry to upset you though. Why do you think November is his last decent video. I've never really loved any of his videos but I don't see to much difference in quality compared to the more you ignore me or Irish blood

I'd like to say I'll try harder next time but I think we all know my conviction and commitment to grammatical diligence so I won't lie to you. Sorry to upset you though. Why do you think November is his last decent video. I've never really loved any of his videos but I don't see to much difference in quality compared to the more you ignore me or Irish blood

I liked the video for I Have Forgiven Jesus a lot.
Moz as priest and the various expressions on his face while singing.
So funny.

So is this thing true or not? Why is everything so AB normal in Mozzerland. A "Mr.L" posts that he has a deal but nothing on TTY and no wisper of it anywhere, not even the usual suspectd leaking info. This is ridiculous.

We know he had around 15 new songs written about two years ago.
If there are a two really good, catchy songs on the album which are released as singles, Radios 2 and 6, Absolute and XfM will play them, and the album will potentially do as well as any other he's released this century. It won't really matter what kind of deal he gets, although it'll need to include proper, if basic, videos to the singles i.e. not just him reading out the words.
I believe in what you say. But it's just impossible for it to happen with Jesse at the helm. I don't like dogging people, it's not my style, but when a product that I am interested in, and I could largely benefit from, whether spiritually or just great music....I'm gonna speak up. I don't know the man. I don't wish him any harm. I'm not disparaging him. I'm just stating my opinion, an opinion held by many others, that he's just not capable.

In my youth, I wanted to run a 10:25 two-mile. I just couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried, or how badly I wanted it. I ran a 10:40. Still good, but not 10:25. It's okay. Some things are not meant to be.

Jesse cannot, and will not be able to write songs that will equal or surpass Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, Quarry. I wish he could.

To borrow one of your English phrases, bloody hell, my favorite track off World Peace is Oboe Concerto.

Be well and safe to you and yours,

Jesse is hardly at the helm of Moz' songwriting. On WPINOYB there are 5 Jesse compositions, just as much as Boz compositions. If you count the extra tracks then Boz is actually at the helm. Jesse wrote I'm not a man, Kiss me a lot, Bullfighter, Kick the bride and Smiler. I'm not a man is my favorite track on the record, Kiss me a lot is one of the catchiest songs Moz had in ages and Smiler is just a delicate, beautiful little song. So, in short, I am absolutely fine with Jesse's last contribution. Apart from that Jesse had just 3 compositions on YOR. How can this be considered as "at the helm"?

It's really weird that people in here are even considering this as a genuine story.... The author of this "news item" knows very well the Morrissey fan psychology and is having a good laugh reading the replies.

Fake, fake, fatal fake.
Fake news, fake this, fake that, fake everything.
There is no news under the sun.
Yes, fake news. o_O
Just wondering if it was any different ever, in the past.

It's a miracle the human species was, and apparently is able to create some hard, cold-stone facts like machines, houses, cars, computers, smartphones, the internet, airplanes, etcetera, etcetera.
And, they seem to function, more or less.

That weak, vulnerable, irrational, warmongering species, overpopulating this piece of rock (approx. 7 billion or more) is capable and has the technical knowledge to solve great problems but I wouldn't trust ANY politician.

By the way, I like your Avatar! :p
Calimero was one of my favourites!
Cheers

None of that will happen. The radio is for tone deaf frauds who think Ed Sheeran is the pinnacle of music and misanthropic masculinity. The radio is not for people with intelligence or taste in music. They will never play Moz again. Moz will never make an effort to make a proper video again. His last decent video was November Spawned A Monster. A catchy Morrissey song is something that the fans like. Its not what attention deficit disordered degenerate cellphone cradling crybaby cretins listen to anymore. I've just sent myself into a coma with an abundance of alliteration.
Now can I undermine myself by saying that I hope you are right. But I'd settle for a new album as good as the last one.

Which country are you from? I'm talking about UK radio, and only about those 4 stations I mentioned who all have played, and continue to play, Morrissey songs. Last month, UK radi0 played his songs 102 times
http://comparemyradio.com/artists/Morrissey/tracks
When he releases a single, this figure jumps to about 300-500. Of course most stations don't play him but the Radio 2 plays count for a lot - it's the UK's number one station. He's not in the same league as the likes of Sheeran (over 5,000 plays last month) but it's not true to say he gets no airplay.

Which country are you from? I'm talking about UK radio, and only about those 4 stations I mentioned who all have played, and continue to play, Morrissey songs. Last month, UK radi0 played his songs 102 times
http://comparemyradio.com/artists/Morrissey/tracks
When he releases a single, this figure jumps to about 300-500. Of course most stations don't play him but the Radio 2 plays count for a lot - it's the UK's number one station. He's not in the same league as the likes of Sheeran (over 5,000 plays last month) but it's not true to say he gets no airplay.
UK radio is far better than Irish. I didn’t realise they actually played good music anywhere anymore. Radio 2 in Ireland is a bad joke. I'm happy I was wrong.

Irish blood is a good video too and Moz looked amazing in his white blazer. You're right.

After seeing what Jesse did on world peace I'm pretty confident with the team he's got. I thought honestly everyone hit a nice musical high on world peace. I'm not a man was one of my favorites as well

Dear Mr L. What's your motivation here?
If I was giving a fansite the inside track on a deal that some close friends or associates had just just brokered, I'd expect to become an ex-associate very quicky.
Deep feelings of disappointment. You had me for 24 hours.

SSOB

Afraid this has just killed this rumour...

Attachments

• IMG_4322.PNG
    IMG_4322.PNG
    131.1 KB · Views: 0
For f***'s sake.
How does a f***ing wind-up from an unqualified source get airtime here.
f***ing furious.
SSOB

this leak is about as true as the tour rider leak, just another fake. :straightface:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom