Morrissey statement on Cat & Fiddle closing

Post from Morrissey on True To You:

The earth dies screaming - true-to-you.net

23 October 2014

A large part of me dies at news that the pillowy bosom of the Cat And Fiddle is to close down on December 15th, making the universe all wrong. A beacon of light will soon be a headstone, and where will we now go to chew each other's fat? Yes, life is fragile and we all end up as worm chow, but the Cat And Fiddle is one of the Great Drinkers of The 20th Century, and is as stable and rooted a part of the Strip as number 77. We are all orphaned.

with funeral pace
Morrissey
Florence, Italy, 22 Ottobre 2014.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
A big hit in 1959....Kookie Lend Me Your Comb.....Also the year Morrissey was born.

77 is bird for "Even Steven" which is an American colloquialism for a settled account or debt paid back.

This statement about a restaurant closing is coming from another planet. The funniest thing is that he is deadly serious !

This statement about a restaurant closing is coming from another planet. The funniest thing is that he is deadly serious !
About as serious as WC Fields....or Tom Waits.

I've never heard of the place and actually thought it was a concert venue in London that was closing. Going out to places like that is not part of my life at all and it is weird that someone who boasts about being antisocial all of a sudden mourns a simple waterhole. Less bars the healthier people will be, have a smoothie at home instead is my advice.

I've never heard of the place and actually thought it was a concert venue in London that was closing. Going out to places like that is not part of my life at all and it is weird that someone who boasts about being antisocial all of a sudden mourns a simple waterhole. Less bars the healthier people will be, have a smoothie at home instead is my advice.

My god, get off of your high horse. He's been going there for a long time, he's allowed to be upset. Yes, he's being a bit dramatic, but that's who he is. Who are you to say he doesn't stay home and drink smoothies? It's hardly unhealthy to enjoy a drink and a veggie burger once in a while.

But people like you expect him to live in a gloomy bedsit where he never drinks or has sex.

My god, get off of your high horse. He's been going there for a long time, he's allowed to be upset. Yes, he's being a bit dramatic, but that's who he is. Who are you to say he doesn't stay home and drink smoothies? It's hardly unhealthy to enjoy a drink and a veggie burger once in a while.

But people like you expect him to live in a gloomy bedsit where he never drinks or has sex.

I don't care about the silly man at all, I mean he is bald now and old so very old.

I must be getting old.
I could only focus on a comma being misused after 'headstone'.
I have been once, but can't see the overly romantic version of the place that band mates and then Moz are lamenting.
There is already a 'save our...' campaign starting, so I'm sure the click, like and share generation will keyboard warrior it back to life.
Regards,
FWD

I can't stop laughing.

(Great comment, btw.)

The comma after "headstone" isn't incorrect! Re-read the sentence.
Apologies, I didn't really see them as two independent clauses and would have left it out myself.
So I'm definitely old as my grammar nazi skills are giving way to my senility :)
Regards,
FWD
(I remember the food at the C&F being rather good).
FWD

Apologies, I didn't really see them as two independent clauses and would have left it out myself.
So I'm definitely old as my grammar nazi skills are giving way to my senility :)
Regards,
FWD
(I remember the food at the C&F being rather good).
FWD

Julia corrects it for him as he sends her a stone that he carves his words into with that unique childish style.

His cancer doesn't agree he does that a lot.

Well, someone call the American Cancer Society! You heard it here first—all you have to do to not get cancer is put your food in a blender.

:) To paraphrase Salinger, please accept this bouquet of parenthesis: (((())))

Well, someone call the American Cancer Society! You heard it here first—all you have to do to not get cancer is put your food in a blender.

No, you avoid drinking alcohol and hanging in bars where you will be the victim of passive smoking from people at the entrance.

His statement reads like Stephen Fry, how the mighty have fallen

You guys are taking this far more seriously than Morrissey is.

Back
Top Bottom