Morrissey will appear on Ghiaccio Bollente, Rai 5 (Nov. 4, from 12:00 AM)

• Thread starter Roberto Ferdenzi
  • Start date
UPDATE Nov. 4:

docinwestchester posts:

Watch here:

26:01 - host's intro
27:13 - The Bullfighter Dies (Milan live footage)
28:18 - host talks some more
30:30 - Kiss Me A Lot (Milan live footage)
31:15 - end

UPDATE Nov. 4:

Morrissey on Ghiaccio Bollente - true-to-you.net
4 November 2014

The edition of the Italian television program Ghiaccio Bollente airing after midnight tonight on Rai 5 will feature two songs recorded live at Morrissey's recent concert in Milan.

UPDATE Nov. 4:

Roberto Ferdenzi writes:

Morrissey on "Ghiaccio Bollente" on Rai 5 tonight at 12am (11pm UK time)

He'll be doing live performances of "Kiss me a lot" & "The bullfighter dies"

You can watch it here after it has aired...
http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/ricerca.html?q=bollente

Roberto Ferdenzi writes:

Morrissey will appear on Ghiaccio Bollente, Rai 5, on 4 November, from 12:00 AM.

Live performances of "Kiss me a lot" & "The bullfighter dies"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd nominate Roy's Keen for worst release

I can't understand why this song takes such a bashing on this site. I like to think of it as his solo attempt at something like Vicar in a Tutu. A lighthearted, fun romp of a song. Yes, the lyrics are light on substance, but the tune is catchy none-the-less. "I am a satellite...I will be set alight". Sorry, but I like it. Maybe it is a guilty pleasure, but on this I can't be budged! :)

But not all of us have short attention spans do we? If we are debating Morrissey records it means we are listening to them. With a gun to my head right now, I could not name a single song in the UK top forty. Even the guitar bands are starved of creativity and anything resembling an edge, which means each day I end up listening to old records from a wide range of genres. I won't mention specific names or albums here because it will only open up another debate, but to put your mind at rest, I do listen to The Smiths and Morrissey records, as well as many of their influences, amongst a lot of other stuff.

I am afraid that Morrissey is more interested in converting people to whatever he believes in himself and this is getting in the way and is probably part of the problem. He has always been this way, but he no longer just 'take the cue and passes it on to you' it is much more obvious now. I agree with his thoughts on many things, but he is like a dog with a bone and with some issues he takes every opportunity to drive the point home. "Meat is murder" is my favourite Smiths album and the title track is as good as song as The Smiths made, which is saying something. I am not a vegetarian, but I am sympathetic to Morrissey's beliefs and a few tours back I enjoyed the songs impact live, complete with the powerful film. But he is apparently still using it and it proves the point. He thinks he is having an ongoing impact with it at his live shows, but I don't think he is.

The fact is less people are going to the shows. The fan base is there, including myself, but how many of us don't even bother thinking of going to the shows anymore? The last time I went he played 'Let me kiss you' yet again and I vowed then to retire from Morrissey shows. This is not 2004, people are not hungry for a Morrissey album and tour in the numbers they once were. His music is not heard because it is not played on mainstream stations and so less new fans will buy the album and tickets to the shows. But that should not be the greatest issue for someone like Morrissey because he has or at least had such a loyal fan base which guaranteed him sales of all types. However, he begun to alienate more and more people starting with 'Ringleader' and as we seen last time he played the M.E.N, he was giving tickets away the day before the show. Contrast that to 2004 when he sold the M.E.N out in an hour. I myself was on the phone at 9am on the Saturday morning as the ticket office opened to ensure I got my ticket. But now, I think it has all become a bit too self indulgent and to get away with that, the quality has to be there and it is not.

Personally, I do like I'm not a man, Kick the bride down the isle, Mountjoy and Oboe Concerto from the new record, but the rest are either mediocre or just poor.

Oh for the days of Vauxhall and Southpaw.

Roy's Keen....is almost Morrissey's best song, right after I'm Not a Man (the best).

Well that sucked, I was hoping for whole songs! He sounds great though, even if he could have worn nicer pants if he knew he was going to be on TV.

i saw all of the bullfighter dies, plus bits before and after (he gave julia the microphone).

Back
Top Bottom