Morrissey wins

Just the fact that you've deemed it a pathetic errand would indicate it didn't require much energy on Morrissey's part.

You don't think getting a "security team" to essentially do your dirty work (instead of protecting the people in the venue, performers and audience, from potential danger) is in any way pathetic?
And no, the errand itself doesn't require any effort from Morrissey, because he got his "security team" - who didn't seem to have anything better to do - to do it for him.
That doesn't negate the obvious fact that Morrissey was concerned enough to involve his "security team" in his silly vendetta and therefore his mind was not on the gig itself or the putting on of a good show for the audience. You can dance around it all you like, but these are obvious facts.
I get that some people are just happy he turns up and wiggles a bit while crooning through the songs, but imagine how good the shows would be if his only priority was the fans and putting on a good show for them.

Now that I've seen the lawsuit, if you want to break down the language, let's look at Morrissey's statement.

"I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie."

Is that a denial? The whole story is a vexatious lie? Is he claiming he made up the entire story of being hired as bodyguard and the facts presented about me in the lawsuit are lies also? If not, what parts? I can confirm that the stuff he said about wearing the t-shirts and me being removed from concerts is true.

The tie goes to the runner. Morrissey wins.

Explanations that win no matter how you cut it. The tie goes to the runner these situations

"Could get hurt" - we didn't mean it physically, we meant emotionally by telling him he is not welcome. I wanted my security to say hateful things to discourage david from coming again.

"Could be gotten rid of" - we discussed the legal means that we could ensure he would not attempt to attend any shows. We need a physical address if and when we served and legal papers.

I will add, if juicy statement were to be had, they would have stated the worst and most damming, if these are them vague references of ambiguous activity that can be explained, not much there.

You don't think getting a "security team" to essentially do your dirty work (instead of protecting the people in the venue, performers and audience, from potential danger) is in any way pathetic?
And no, the errand itself doesn't require any effort from Morrissey, because he got his "security team" - who didn't seem to have anything better to do - to do it for him.
That doesn't negate the obvious fact that Morrissey was concerned enough to involve his "security team" in his silly vendetta and therefore his mind was not on the gig itself or the putting on of a good show for the audience. You can dance around it all you like, but these are obvious facts.
I get that some people are just happy he turns up and wiggles a bit while crooning through the songs, but imagine how good the shows would be if his only priority was the fans and putting on a good show for them.

Lol, okay -- I'll dance around the fact that you seem to know exactly what Morrissey's security needs are and how to best utilize his team, not to mention your clairvoyancy about what went down at the Santa Ana show.

As far as people being happy when Moz "just" shows up and wiggles around... well, your condescension has been duly noted. Certainly you who doesn't even attend shows knows more than the thread after thread after thread of people who have experienced fantastic live shows.

There's plenty to criticize Morrissey about: priorities = poor shows just isn't one of them.

Now that I've seen the lawsuit, if you want to break down the language, let's look at Morrissey's statement.

"I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie."

Is that a denial? The whole story is a vexatious lie? Is he claiming he made up the entire story of being hired as bodyguard and the facts presented about me in the lawsuit are lies also? If not, what parts? I can confirm that the stuff he said about wearing the t-shirts and me being removed from concerts is true.

No, just the story that morrissey asked him to hurt you. Morrissey should just shut his mouth though.

Morrissey statement as heard in my head as I read it
News/hurt - I know about it
Story - is ridiculous and to all the stupid morrissey fans/people who aren't smart enough to figure this out yet, it's annoying the f*** out of me and it's a lie.

I don't think so. If you break down the statement like you did previously such as how with the terms 'could get hurt', no where does Morrissey actually state that part is a lie, just that the whole story is a lie, which isn't actually true.

No, just the story that morrissey asked him to hurt you. Morrissey should just shut his mouth though.

Morrissey statement as heard in my head as I read it
News/hurt - I know about it
Story - is ridiculous and to all the stupid morrissey fans/people who aren't smart enough to figure this out yet, it's annoying the f*** out of me and it's a lie.

I don't think so. If you break down the statement like you did previously such as how with the terms 'could get hurt', no where does Morrissey actually state that part is a lie, just that the whole story is a lie, which isn't actually true.

Was the (kill?) part in your quoted morrissey statement added by you or did morrissey write his statement that way?

Well you can read it that way. Because morrissey specifically states the "hurt" part, I tie that to the lie part in the above quote

But now morrissey has drawn the line that he never said that to steyn, an absolute. He can not explain it in any terms because he denied it happened.

Lol, okay -- I'll dance around the fact that you seem to know exactly what Morrissey's security needs are and how to best utilize his team, not to mention your clairvoyancy about what went down at the Santa Ana show.

As far as people being happy when Moz "just" shows up and wiggles around... well, your condescension has been duly noted. Certainly you who doesn't even attend shows knows more than the thread after thread after thread of people who have experienced fantastic live shows.

There's plenty to criticize Morrissey about: priorities = poor shows just isn't one of them.

I'm sure we've all quite literally ejaculated semen of pure joy when Her Royal Mozness comes out, croons a bit and gyrates her luscious hips, but imagine how much better the shows would be if he wasn't consumed by personal vendettas prior to each performance. Imagine how much happier and more efficient the "security team" would be if they were allowed to get on with their job and not spend their time searching the venue for one person who no one believes is a threat to anyone's security (the clue is in the name - they're not a "vendetta team" or a "stars personal whims army").
The only person who would be less happy in such a scenario it seems is Morrissey, because he's too busy tending to his gargantuan bruised ego to see anything else. Thus it follows that his first priority is not the fans and putting on a good show for them. That's quite obvious. Is it even amongst his priorities, one wonders?

Where does Morrissey specifically denied it happened? In the above quote it's stated the story is a lie. Look at the lawsuit and the 'story'. All 1 through 50 items are 'lies'?

But now morrissey has drawn the line that he never said that to steyn, an absolute. He can not explain it in any terms because he denied it happened.

Are you kdding? Are we talking about the same Morrissey here (the one who seems to cancel more shows than he actually performs)??
Coming to the conclusion that putting on a show isn't a major priority for Morrissey is somehow ludicrous?

This reminds me how the NSA uses 'terrorism' and 'security' to justify spying on all of us.

Imagine how much happier and more efficient the "security team" would be if they were allowed to get on with their job and not spend their time searching the venue for one person who no one believes is a threat to anyone's security (the clue is in the name - they're not a "vendetta team" or a "stars personal whims army").

Again was the kill part added by you or was it in morrissey's statement, because it in the "'s of his statement you posted.

When you say lines 1-50, you are stepping outside the context of his statement. Simple = false, story, news, hurt, lie. Morrissey isn't commenting on the lawsuit, he is commenting on the news story and in the news story, steyn says mod asked him "could get hurt", moz says that's a lie, absolute

I'm sure we've all quite literally ejaculated semen of pure joy when Her Royal Mozness comes out, croons a bit and gyrates her luscious hips, but imagine how much better the shows would be if he wasn't consumed by personal vendettas prior to each performance. Imagine how much happier and more efficient the "security team" would be if they were allowed to get on with their job and not spend their time searching the venue for one person who no one believes is a threat to anyone's security (the clue is in the name - they're not a "vendetta team" or a "stars personal whims army").
The only person who would be less happy in such a scenario it seems is Morrissey, because he's too busy tending to his gargantuan bruised ego to see anything else. Thus it follows that his first priority is not the fans and putting on a good show for them. That's quite obvious. Is it even amongst his priorities, one wonders?

How many shows have you attended and what percentage weren't good?

It's the whole TMZ story then, which summarizes the lawsuit. I get it - things can be spun when it favors your argument, but not the other way around.

Again was the kill part added by you or was it in morrissey's statement, because it in the "'s of his statement you posted.

When you say lines 1-50, you are stepping outside the context of his statement. Simple = false, story, news, hurt, lie. Morrissey isn't commenting on the lawsuit, he is commenting on the news story and in the news story, steyn says mod asked him "could get hurt", moz says that's a lie, absolute

Are you kdding? Are we talking about the same Morrissey here (the one who seems to cancel more shows than he actually performs)??
Coming to the conclusion that putting on a show isn't a major priority for Morrissey is somehow ludicrous?

I buy a ticket for a show and it's a good show -- I've got my money's worth. Why would I even care what the singer's priorities are?

It's the whole TMZ story then, which summarizes the lawsuit. I get it - things can be spun when it favors your argument, but not the other way around.

David, Thanks for even asking these questions though. You sometimes have to bat things around from both sides to try to get an encompassing perspective.

I always listen for, if the answer to a question wasn't given, ask again, as that may be the most sensitive area to explore because of its omission. Hence the did you insert the kill part of morrissey's quoted statement.

Back
Top Bottom