Morrissey's Last show EVER

MUtE

Hello, I have been lurking around here for a bit and finally decided to join the forums because something has been beating around inside my skull for a while now. I only recently decided to let it out, upon reading a comment left on one of the news items on the main page. The commenter said that it appears with all the canceled gigs and shows, that Moz should just retire from the music biz. After reading this, I thought that if he does end up retiring, how should he go out with a bang?

How I envisioned it, was with one last show. An intimate, unplugged show. Sort of how the band Nirvana did it in the 90's, except I think Morrissey's music lends itself better to this sort of thing. It would be in Manchester and the set list would span his whole career, both Smiths and Solo. Maybe as a special surprise, during the last song, Mar (since they are at least on good terms) would join Morrissey for one final song. This show would later be released as a CD/DVD for the fans. I think this would be a stellar way to end such a fantastic career...

I don't know if Morrissey has ever considered something like this, but I was wondering what others think about my idea...

I dont want to think about it!! cant cope with the thorught of the 'last gig ever'! id rather be left not knowing, just hope and prey hed come back sometime! xxx

Does this idea of yours involve knitwear?

Says you!

I had to talk you down from that ledge yesterday!!

:lbf: i was angry because of the cancelled concerts but if you check my older posts i've also been saying that this might be the last tour if this is it, troxy will be my last gig...and then i'll live off introducing morrisey and other gems i've got on vhs.
and life goes on.

How I envisioned it, was with one last show. An intimate, unplugged show. Sort of how the band Nirvana did it in the 90's, except I think Morrissey's music lends itself better to this sort of thing.

I would highly disappointed if Morrissey did an unplugged show for his final act.
This is not what the man is about.

get over yourself, life goes on even if steven stops touring.

Why do so many people insist on calling him Steven even though he HATES it?

Can someone explain this to me?

Personally I'm looking forward to him stopping. No more panic buying tickets and running up stupid cridet card debts. No more dissapointing b-sides. I often feel my memories of being a Morrissey fan will not be beaten. I wish he would stop and maybe turn his hand to a writing........

Personally I'm looking forward to him stopping. No more panic buying tickets and running up stupid cridet card debts. No more dissapointing b-sides. I often feel my memories of being a Morrissey fan will not be beaten. I wish he would stop and maybe turn his hand to a writing........

your my ventriloquist:lbf:

after meeting him sunday, that will do for me:thumb:

get over yourself, life goes on even if steven stops touring.

cant speak for you but morrissey has been a part of my life since 1984, and the thought of never seeing him again ( in any sense) really is too much to think about. on the other hand i also dont want him to become a complete embarrassment as in a 'get off the stage ' way! so for me, id rather not waste time thinking about a 'final gig' and make the most of now! and DONT CALL HIM STEVEN...he dont like it!!!! xx

cant speak for you but morrissey has been a part of my life since 1984, and the thought of never seeing him again ( in any sense) really is too much to think about. on the other hand i also dont want him to become a complete embarrassment as in a 'get off the stage ' way! so for me, id rather not waste time thinking about a 'final gig' and make the most of now! and DONT CALL HIM STEVEN...he dont like it!!!! xx

I feel the same way as you do except for the get-off-the-stage business. I'll never understand that attitude. If a singer is dignified then why can't he go on appearing live indefinitely? Only the performers who run around the stage posturing and posing like imbeciles should fear becoming too old to look decent doing their thing. (Several acts spring to mind.)

Maybe one day in the future Morrissey will be too old to keep ripping his shirt off during each show... Maybe. I have a feeling it's something I'd like to see deep into his old age, if I'm honest. Still, I can see where that part of the show might have to end. Other than that, why can't he go on singing for us forever?

Again, sir....you're so right!
To quote Mr. Young :"It's better to burn out than to fade away"

have you been around as a fan for a longer time?... hmm i always wonder if "older" fans might would take it easier to "let go" as younger fans (young fan :in terms of the amount of years being a fan and also for consideration have not seen the man as often /on different tours/timespans...over the years...
the fans who did grow up with him during the smiths :hearing the debut album as a tee,n entering college during meat is murder or the queen is dead in short having different album releases during the amount of time they are growing up/in different lifespans and also did see them live of course..so they have a fond memory "of the time with morrissey"
same account for people who did start seeing him live up until KU and s growing up over the years as well ans also did see him live

but then again..the dedication to moz is different to other artists...
this quip i remember reading rom a fan stating after a concert "moz is like a drug . the more you see /get the more you want.. even though you know its f***ing you up"
which rings quite true

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom