Morrissey's Trail Of Dead

It's a shame no further information ( of much substance) emerged regarding Alain's exit. He was, after all , the most musically significant person in Morrissey's life since Marr.

I think the furthest the revelations went was that Alain's health ( physical or otherwise) precluded touring (?). In some interview or another , he mentioned back troubles. Which , of course , does nothing to explain his supposed departure from the recording band.

If you're in the mood to be industrious , Skylarker , I'd quite like to read a more thorough account of the Alain exit. Who knows .... maybe it'll coax some sort of helpful information forth from some informed Anon. ?

Last edited:
It's a shame no further information ( of much substance) emerged regarding Alain's exit.

If you're in the mood to be industrious , Skylarker , I'd quite like to read a more thorough account of the Alain exit.

I'm in the mood to be industrious, but not regarding anything related to Morrissey.

Who knows .... maybe it'll coax some sort of helpful information forth from some informed Anon. ?

There are people here who I consider trustworthy who know. But it's not my place to repeat things not publicly revealed.

There are people here who I consider trustworthy who know. But it's not my place to repeat things not publicly revealed.

Damn your principles to blazes , Skylarker !

More sensibly , I wonder if any of the informed might feel like ending the mystery ...?

It's quite sad in a way ; we all know the ins and outs of the Moz/Marr split but the fracturing (?) of Morrissey's involvement with his most renowned collaborator of the last 25 years remains a blank.

Last edited:

More sensibly , I wonder if any of the informed might feel like ending the mystery ...?

It's quite sad in a way ; we all know the ins and outs of the Moz/Marr split but the fracturing (?) of Morrissey's involvement with his most renowned collaborator of the last 25 years remains a blank.

More important than the specific drama behind Alain's dismissal, let's look at the facts:

I'm calling out Joe Frady, Crystal Geezer, Irregular Regular...any of the apple polishers here to do a random track-for-track compare/contrast job of Alain's first 9 years (1991-2000) with Jesse's first 9 years (2004-2013).

Show us how Morrissey is better off now. Please.

Show us. I'm waiting.

More important than the specific drama behind Alain's dismissal, let's look at the facts:

I'm calling out Joe Frady, Crystal Geezer, Irregular Regular...any of the apple polishers here to do a random track-for-track compare/contrast job of Alain's first 9 years (1991-2000) with Jesse's first 9 years (2004-2013).

Show us. I'm waiting.

I remember when Alain was working with Morrissey. Lots of people on here spent their days comparing his output to Marr's and insisting Morrissey should sack Alain and replace him. Nothing changes people still have closed minds and closed ears. You don't have a bloody clue.

Why are people jumping Skylarker for reporting on Moz's collaborators ? I think many fans are curious as to what happened with the people that helped Morrissey get fame . So what if Mozzy gets a little "dirty" from the facts .

Show us. I'm waiting.

I don't recall ever saying that Jesse's work is better than Alain's or that Morrissey is better off since Alain has left.
If this is what you are implying, then show me where.

For the record, I do not believe this to be the case. I miss Alain's input as much as anybody else.

To be in Morrissey's band you have to sign up to constant touring, sudden cancellations that make little sense, your front man going missing for a few days at a time without informing you - often leaving you in the do do having to explain to other people why they've been let down. This or money issues seem to be what calls time on them all. It's not all Morrissey being bad though, if you want a life outside of a successful band sometimes you have to give the band up. Also, if you're in each others pockets all day every day then you're going to rub people up the wrong way, people will leave and be disgruntled. There's two sides to every story and while one man says nothing you'll never have the full story.

How about Boz? He's been with Moz for over 20 years, done great music without major known issues... Why you guys never look at the positive? This place is so full of negativity and it is a shame as it is still a great resource of Morrissey news...

Gary Day - wanted to spend more time with his family, couldn't commit to the amount of touring Morrissey wanted to do, as far as I know?

You should talk, as you seem to exist only to nag people more interesting than you.

Who's the dumbass reading and participating in a thread made by someone they don't like? If the information I've listed here, all of which is well documented and corroborated by witnesses, (and there's much more, if I ever get around to it) is too much for you to read in one sitting, then either take your ADD meds or go to another thread. Don't be a silly little bitch.

I don't know exactly what happened with Alain; there's been many rumors but I've never heard anything that could be substantiated by a firsthand source. Not saying it's not out there, just saying I've never heard anything definitive.

He called Spencer a jewboy via fax because Spencer wouldn't commit to a songwriting partnership until some monetary issues were settled.

Google a Butt magazine interview with Spencer's Elva Snow (post Morrissey band) co-musician; that guy tells the story.

I actually forgot I made this thread until Viva resurrected it. I doubt I'll get around to continuing it; doesn't seem to matter.

Yeah, thanks Viva! :rolleyes:

How about Boz? He's been with Moz for over 20 years, done great music without major known issues... Why you guys never look at the positive? This place is so full of negativity and it is a shame as it is still a great resource of Morrissey news...

Boz wrote the best Morrissey solo song Jack The Ripper (LIVE VERSION ONLY) and the song with the worst and most annoying riff of any Morrissey song, The More You Ignore Me, as well as the most limp adult pop contemporary, starbucks background song, in I'm Throwing My Arms Around. There's an equal amount to like and loathe.

I don't feel like typing it all over again...the basic gist of it is Morrissey chose Jesse over Alain so they parted ways.

Boz wrote the best Morrissey solo song Jack The Ripper (LIVE VERSION ONLY) and the song with the worst and most annoying riff of any Morrissey song, The More You Ignore Me, as well as the most limp adult pop contemporary, starbucks background song, in I'm Throwing My Arms Around. There's an equal amount to like and loathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b42vQaRcsw
Wondering how the 'worst' and 'annoying' assessment were made. The more you... is often cited as a favourite tune especially in interviews.
Paris wasn't that awful either!
I will never understand the anti-Boz sentiments I see in other posts (not necessarily the one I'm quoting!).
Every guitarist has a different style. People compare Boz to Johnny and I think thats like comparing Hendrix to Clapton - both good, but totally different. Remember, a lot of Johnny's unique sound was studio-based and was very complexed to recreate live.
Boz is versatile and hard working and doesn't deserve the weird animosity aimed at him.
I met Boz in the 80s when in the Polecats, many times with Moz and on a couple of recent Polecats gigs.
He is a decent, approachable guy with time for discussion about Moz even at a 'cats gig.
Moz must appreciate him given their length of relationship.
Before I am anonymously 'butchered', I really do not think that in the last 25yrs, Boz has been such a bad person to be around Moz.
I was at the above gig and he was great.
(Dont know why it was filmed in 3d!)
Someone I don't regret buying a drink for.
Regards,
FWD

I don't feel like typing it all over again...the basic gist of it is Morrissey chose Jesse over Alain so they parted ways.

Hang on ... I just realised I may already have read a post ( of yours ?) about this a while back. Does the story feature a car-park confrontation between band - members ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b42vQaRcsw
Wondering how the 'worst' and 'annoying' assessment were made. The more you... is often cited as a favourite tune especially in interviews.
Paris wasn't that awful either!
I will never understand the anti-Boz sentiments I see in other posts (not necessarily the one I'm quoting!).
Every guitarist has a different style. People compare Boz to Johnny and I think thats like comparing Hendrix to Clapton - both good, but totally different. Remember, a lot of Johnny's unique sound was studio-based and was very complexed to recreate live.
Boz is versatile and hard working and doesn't deserve the weird animosity aimed at him.
I met Boz in the 80s when in the Polecats, many times with Moz and on a couple of recent Polecats gigs.
He is a decent, approachable guy with time for discussion about Moz even at a 'cats gig.
Moz must appreciate him given their length of relationship.
Before I am anonymously 'butchered', I really do not think that in the last 25yrs, Boz has been such a bad person to be around Moz.
I was at the above gig and he was great.
(Dont know why it was filmed in 3d!)
Someone I don't regret buying a drink for.
Regards,
FWD

Good post.
I like Boz a lot - he's written some terrible songs, he's also written some fantastic ones. He has done well to manage Morrissey's onstage direction for over twenty years and I don't begrudge him any of his success.

I miss Alain's contribution to the live set up and also his songs will be dearly missed on the next album. Jesus Christ, an album of Boorer/Tobias songs? It will make Kill Uncle look almost epic.

The harsh truth of the matter is that Moz decided that Jesse looks better in speedos than Alain, so Alain had to go.

It appears money and people wanting to be justly compensated with it, rub Morrissey the wrong way.

As far as the link for the Boz version of Jack the Ripper, I don't want to be disrespectful...Boz is great...but his singing on this is awful. I could not watch it. Sorry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom