Moz 14th in Q's top 20 front men/women poll

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Sorry if this has been posted before, I heard it on the radio today...

1) Liam Gallagher
2) Bono
3) Freddie Mercury
4) Damon Albarn
5) Chris Martin
6) Matt Bellamy
7) Jim Morrison
8) Bob Marley
9) Paul McCartney
10) John Lennon
11) Robbie Williams
12) Debbie Harry
13) Mick Jagger
14) Morrissey
15) John Lydon
16) James Brown
17) Bruce Springsteen
18) Robert Plant
19) Tom Meighan
20) Joe Strummer

**EDIT** Wee linky here, but not to Q, you'll have to buy it.

Last edited:

1) Liam Gallagher
2) Bono
3) Freddie Mercury
4) Damon Albarn
5) Chris Martin
6) Matt Bellamy
7) Jim Morrison
8) Bob Marley
9) Paul McCartney
10) John Lennon
11) Robbie Williams
12) Debbie Harry
13) Mick Jagger
14) Morrissey
15) John Lydon
16) James Brown
17) Bruce Springsteen
18) Robert Plant
19) Tom Meighan
20) Joe Strummer

Looks more like a Celebrity Sex Offenders Register. And if anyone knows what a Sex Offenders Register looks like, it's me.

Most ridiculous list of its type I have ever seen.

Liam?
The Beatles that far down in the list?
Paul before John?

Great Job!

l_141012_147107_teasgj_still20.jpg

lets face it - most of these people have as much charisma and 'stage presence' as a snail in a wet suit. it's a pointless question because the most interesting ones are always those without the gimmicks - morrissey for example, is simply himself on stage. nothing charismatic about it - unless you like him.

In this list only Morrissey's conterpart is Bono (they're in the same age group), your logic is half agreeable.

Where are Paul Weller, Terry Hall, Marc Almond, Robert Smith, Ian McCulloch and Boy George?

Definitely Morrissey has charisma.

Last edited:

1) Liam Gallagher
2) Bono
3) Freddie Mercury
4) Damon Albarn
5) Chris Martin
6) Matt Bellamy
7) Jim Morrison
8) Bob Marley
9) Paul McCartney
10) John Lennon
11) Robbie Williams
12) Debbie Harry
13) Mick Jagger
14) Morrissey
15) John Lydon
16) James Brown
17) Bruce Springsteen
18) Robert Plant
19) Tom Meighan
20) Joe Strummer

**EDIT** Wee linky here, but not to Q, you'll have to buy it.

Debbie Harry narrowly edging out Mick Jagger? Was there some kind of points system? Morrissey better than Johnny Rotten? Hmmmm, I'll leave that one alone. Who is Tom Meighan? Chris Martin!!! Haha! Chris Martin is better than James Brown? This is funny. Bono? Better than the Beatles and Johnny Rotten combined.

Surely Mick is one of the best, even though he's been chipping away at his reputation for a couple of decades now, and no one could beat Johny Rotten in his prime. The Beatles got reactions that Bono is never going to get. And Chris Martin? What is he doing on this list at all?

The guy's alternative list is better.

1) Mick Jagger
2) Bruce Springsteen (with the E Street Band)
3) Jimi Hendrix (with The Experience)
4) Bono
5) Jim Morrison
6) Freddie Mercury
7) Liam Gallagher
8) Janis Joplin (with Big Brother & The Holding Company)
9) Robert Plant
10) Roger Daltrey

A little adjusting on that could have something that makes sense.

You have to be in a band to be a front man don't you? Lots of these are solo artists!

I'd agree with the credentials of the following - Liam Gallagher, Bono, Freddie Mercury, Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, John Lydon, Robert Plant.

But that is not to say I like them or their music.

You have to be in a band to be a front man don't you? Lots of these are solo artists!

I'd agree with the credentials of the following - Liam Gallagher, Bono, Freddie Mercury, Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, John Lydon, Robert Plant.

But that is not to say I like them or their music.

name one solo artist there please. aside from robbie williams who i'll agree with.

you might get away with james brown too i guess. but ignore the famous flames and you're ignoring some white-hot awesomeness.

you also might get away with tom meighan cause i have no idea who he is.

EDIT: oh yeah. forgot about that morrissey guy. they're probs talking about his old band though.

Last edited by a moderator:
These polls are daft marketing gimmicks to sell magazines... Half the folk on here are dead (literally or figuratively:blushing:). Taste is so subjective and there's too many great front-persons to choose from.:thumb:
Poor show on the female front - Debbie is great, but no Siouxsie? :confused:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention though Peter - for all my moaning, i'll still be out getting my copy tomorrow:)

(to whine is a woman's prerogative:p)

name one solo artist there please. aside from robbie williams who i'll agree with.

you might get away with james brown too i guess. but ignore the famous flames and you're ignoring some white-hot awesomeness.

you also might get away with tom meighan cause i have no idea who he is.

EDIT: oh yeah. forgot about that morrissey guy. they're probs talking about his old band though.

:D I guess you agree then (at least in part). Springsteen and Marley are/were more or less solo artists too (Just like Divine Comedy is Neil Hannon and The The is Matt Johnston).

Meighan's Kasabian's singer.

Back
Top Bottom