Moz and Johnny like Ronson’s cover

Tbevie

Girl afraid
I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but there was a little section in today’s Scottish Sun about Mark Ronson’s cover of ‘Stop me’… He was defending by saying that the first thing he did when he finished recording the demo was to send a copy to Morrissey and Johnny. He said that they took a long time to get back to him but they both said they liked it.

I was really surprised to read this. I assume it’s true, I mean why he would lie, if Morrissey or Johnny were to deny it it would make him look pretty silly.

I personally don’t like it. I‘m not a fan of R&B.

I also think that the Smiths aren't getting enough recognition. Half of the radio DJ's don't even know that it's a Smiths cover. "Hang the DJ" indeed ;)

Last edited:
Sorry I just realized that this has been mentioned in the other Mark Ronson thread. :o

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but there was a little section in today’s Scottish Sun about Mark Ronson’s cover of ‘Stop me’… He was defending by saying that the first thing he did when he finished recording the demo was to send a copy to Morrissey and Johnny. He said that they took a long time to get back to him but they both said they liked it.

I was really surprised to read this. I assume it’s true, I mean why he would lie, if Morrissey or Johnny were to deny it it would make him look pretty silly.

I personally don’t like it. I‘m not a fan of R&B.

I also think that the Smiths aren't getting enough recognition. Half of the radio DJ's don't even know that it's a Smiths cover. "Hang the DJ" indeed ;)

well as much as i love morrissey i have never respected his taste in music!

When has Morrissey ever publicly slagged off a cover of one of his songs? He loves people covering his songs and will be nice to them when they do regardless of the result. I bet he says something totally different in private though.

I personally don’t like it, but some of my friends have been asking about the smiths and have started to listen to them. Which I am very pleased about because a few weeks before a mate asked me what I was listening to in a 3.D lesson I said the smiths and she did not know who they were ,but now she really likes them.

Back
Top Bottom