Moz/Smiths books

ringrosso

Throbbing Member
Has a comprehensive list of Moz/Smiths books be compiled here on solo? I'd be interested in everything even the ones inspired by song titles & lyrics.

! I have searched but drawn a blank - can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm guessing there is a link somewhere.

It is compiled at http://passionsjustlikemine.com

*edit*
Sorry, it doesn't have a list which ringrosso is looking for.

I remember:

Girlfriend In A Coma - Douglas Coupland

The More You Ignore Me - Jo Brand

Bikubesong - Frode Grytten

Let The Right One Slip In - John Ajvide Lindquist

This Charming Man - Marian Keyes

Meat Is Murder - Joe Parnice

The Wrong Boy - Willy Russell

Paint A Vulgar Picture (US edition: Please) - V.A.

Last edited:
:blushing: underachievers please try harder

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes it does. Choose "In the media", then "bibliography".

But it only lists books relevant to Morrissey and the Smiths, not books such as the ones you listed which only lifted their title from Smiths/Morrissey songs.

Stephane

Sorry Stephane, I was trying to say that your site didn't have a list of books inspired by The Smiths / Morrissey songs.

Last edited:
Thank you all.

I'm sure (hope) others will be added as people spot them.

I read Jo Brand's book 'The More You Ignore Me' recently. The first few chapters felt clogged with stereotypes and cliches, but it improved and in the end, I thought that she hit a fair balance between the excesses of fandom and how the lyrics and imputed presence of Morrissey can fill gaps in people's lives while they are groping their way along trying to find some individual standard of happiness that they can accept for themselves over and above the accident of their circumstances. :thumb:

Tony Sullivan's
Sully: The Football Thug Who Didn't Give a f***
Sully: Grafting For England

should be added in the list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom