Music Week: "Johnny Marr signs new worldwide album deal with BMG" (August 3, 2021)

Hey! Let’s play a game. As of NOW you’re not allowed to use the word ‘docile’ or write fiction-based posts again. If you do, you’re out. Wanna play? Or shall I say, do you DARE to play?

o_O

slow day at the nunnery👳‍♀️
maybe have Sister Comrade McMuffin tell her Moz show attending fictions.🗣️

PS not only is :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: totally broke and moneyless, so are his tiny count of docile trolls.

:hammer:

Correct.

But the thing is, there is an imbalance as far as choices go in discussing Johnny Marr particularly his solo work.
Marr does have a fan base, but for some reason there isn’t a site for Marr that is the equivalent of this site.

I’m thinking one of the reasons for this is, that among his fan base the music he has done after The Smiths has not had a large or strong enough impact on enough or even a handful of his fans for them to even bother with creating a proper fan site for all things Marr.
I mean, besides money, what would it take for Marr fans to create a proper site for him? if his Smiths and solo work isn’t enough, then, what is?

What do you folks think the reason is?
I’m not on Facebook and never have been, but there might be a Marr group or a forum over there brimming with life and passion? Anyone know?

Correct.

But the thing is, there is an imbalance as far as choices go in discussing Johnny Marr particularly his solo work.
Marr does have a fan base, but for some reason there isn’t a site for Marr that is the equivalent of this site.

I’m thinking one of the reasons for this is, that among his fan base the music he has done after The Smiths has not had a large or strong enough impact on enough or even a handful of his fans for them to even bother with creating a proper fan site for all things Marr.
I mean, besides money, what would it take for Marr fans to create a proper site for him? if his Smiths and solo work isn’t enough, then, what is?

What do you folks think the reason is?

Because he and his management team use social media very well, he has nearly 300k followers on twitter, 300k on facebook and over 200k 0n Instagram. People use those forums to discuss what he's up to. How many posters do you think Morrissey Solo has?

Because he and his management team use social media very well, he has nearly 300k followers on twitter, 300k on facebook and over 200k 0n Instagram. People use those forums to discuss what he's up to.

How many posters do you think Morrissey Solo has?

A lot of folks visit here everyday, since you’re always interested in numbers, then ask FWD or DavidT.

Don’t you think Marr should have a site equivalent to this one?

Social media might do the job, but it’s not a dedicated site. If he had his own site, then I’m sure people wouldn’t feeel the need to use this site to talk about Marr’s solo work as much. Which is really the main thing.

And I wonder why that hasn’t been done yet.
I’m not on Facebook and never have been, but there might be a Marr group or a forum over there brimming with life and passion? Anyone know?

Yes, it seems there isn’t yet. Just social media, which really isn’t the same thing.
And because of that, some people come here to discuss Marr’s solo work, that let’s be honest, has little to do with The Smiths.

A lot of folks visit here everyday, since you’re always interested in numbers, then ask FWD or DavidT.

Don’t you think Marr should have a site equivalent to this one?

Social media might do the job, but it’s not a dedicated site. If he had his own site, then I’m sure people wouldn’t feeel the need to use this site to talk about Marr’s solo work as much. Which is really the main thing.

And I wonder why that hasn’t been done yet.

Yes, it seems there isn’t yet. Just social media, which really isn’t the same thing.
And because of that, some people come here to discuss Marr’s solo work, that let’s be honest, has little to do with The Smiths.

I don't need to ask David or Forward, I can see how many people post on here every day (there may be lots of people who visit and don't post)

No I don't think Marr should have a site like this one.

Social media is not a dedicated site but it's an opportunity for an artist to interact directly with their fans and lets be honest, about 10 people discuss Marr's solo career on here.

Does Morrissey approve of this site?

Last edited:
How common are forums like this one in 2021? I feel they were much more common before social media took over.

Yes, I love that one.
Just hoping to find another one on Bonfire.
Yes, it was great to hear Morrissey singing over just a softly strummed guitar. So affecting and such a shame it's happened so infrequently over the years. Fingers crossed, indeed, for Bonfire!

How common are forums like this one in 2021? I feel they were much more common before social media took over.
Yes, I think you're right. Facebook has swallowed a lot of this kind of discussion for all groups/singers.
I think there used to be several English-speaking ones for Morrissey/The Smiths e.g. All You Need Is Morrissey (I've just checked and it seems to still be there but no activity for a year).

GOOD NEWS for :frogface: fans!!
according to :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, yes to his own self in a FB bot post>
the presale of one of the tiny mini gigs has sold out!!!!⚔️

:hammer:

I don't need to ask David or Forward, I can see how many people post on here every day

(there may be lots of people who visit and don't post)
Yep.
No I don't think Marr should have a site like this one.
Strange. Ok.
Social media is not a dedicated site but it's an opportunity for an artist to interact directly with their fans and lets be honest, about 10 people discuss Marr's solo career on here.
Yes but it’s enough to bring up questions.
Does Morrissey approve of this site?

Do you have short term memory?

Yep.

Strange. Ok.

Yes but it’s enough to bring up questions.

Do you have short term memory?

Why is it strange that I don't think JM should have a site like this. This is a site focussed on Morrissey/The Smiths and yet the singer it's focussed on detests the site. Why would JM want a site like this?

o_O

you can have one of the docile Le :frogface:
trolls set up and run the 🐸 forum.
none of the true devout Moz fans will bother
going over there to troll like the le:frogface:ers do here.
that way Le🐸 wont need to get hopputy and detest it:)
its a win win situation but there is one cat in the bag:
he has no fans is his music is basically sucky:lbf:
🇭🇷>:hammer:

Why is it strange that I don't think JM should have a site like this. This is a site focussed on Morrissey/The Smiths and yet the singer it's focussed on detests the site. Why would JM want a site like this?

Why would anyone wish that on anyone, even on Marr?

Let me rephrase the question just for you, regardless of the social media, why wouldn’t you want a dedicated site to Marr ?

Or do you think Marr wouldn’t like it if a die hard fan of his started a site?

Does he have die hard fans?

Let me rephrase the question just for you, regardless of the social media, why wouldn’t you want a dedicated site to Marr ?

Here’s a request out of pure curiosity, if you’d care to indulge me: could you rank the top 3 things about Johnny Marr that makes you dislike him and/or pit him against Moz?

If there wasn't social media, yes but there is and I get all the information I need from there and can have the same discussions that I have on here (without clowns like Aztec/Vegan) on Facebook etc

Here’s a request out of pure curiosity, if you’d care to indulge me: could you rank the top 3 things about Johnny Marr that makes you dislike him and/or pit him against Moz?

She doesn't disguise the dislike vey well does she. Being a die hard Morrissey fan might be something to do with it.

She doesn't disguise the dislike vey well does she. Being a die hard Morrissey fan might be something to do with it.
But the two shouldn’t be mutually exclusive, should they? I just don’t get that. They’re not enemies, they’re not feuding. Apart from perhaps having differing opinions on a few select issues, they probably have nothing but respect for each other. Liking Marr doesn’t make you less of a Morrissey fan, and vice versa.
Feels weird to blindly dislike someone that has been so incredibly important to Moz, if you’re a Moz fan.

@Surface

I don’t dislike Marr. I don’t really care enough about his solo records
to listen to those, but that doesn’t mean I dislike Marr. That would be childish, pointless.

If it comes off that way in posts that I make here on solo, it’s only to irk
the Marrbots that use solo to discuss Marr’s solo work that I feel really shouldn’t be discussed here because, let’s be honest, it has little to do with The Smiths.

And it’s the Marrbots on here that ‘pit’ or try to compare Marr’s ‘achievements’ to Morrissey’s, even when unprovoked. Typical example being Uncleskinny’s first post on the first page in this thread.

If Marr had a proper site, one dedicated to him like this one that’s dedicated to Morrissey and The Smiths. I’m sure people would have less of a need to discuss Marr’s solo work
and compare his career to Morrissey’s.

Marr’s social media platforms seem not to fall into that category. If they did, then anons and members wouldn’t feel the need to start Marr solo threads on Morrissey-solo.

@Surface

I don’t dislike Marr. I don’t really care enough about his solo records
to listen to those, but that doesn’t mean I dislike Marr. That would be childish, pointless.

If it comes off that way in posts that I make here on solo, it’s only to irk
the Marrbots that use solo to discuss Marr’s solo work that I feel really shouldn’t be discussed here because, let’s be honest, it has little to do with The Smiths.

And it’s the Marrbots on here that ‘pit’ or try to compare Marr’s ‘achievements’ to Morrissey’s, even when unprovoked. Typical example being Uncleskinny’s first post on the first page in this thread.

If Marr had a proper site, one dedicated to him like this one that’s dedicated to Morrissey and The Smiths. I’m sure people would have less of a need to discuss Marr’s solo work
and compare his career to Morrissey’s.

Marr’s social media platforms seem not to fall into that category. If they did, then anons and members wouldn’t feel the need to start Marr solo threads on Morrissey-solo.
Fair enough. Thanks for responding!

Tags
bmg johnny mar
Back
Top Bottom