my love life lyrics about the smiths????????

viva hate1

hi! does anyone of you knows what this song it`s about cos i`ve read somewhere this one was about the smiths:confused:i don`t think so....to me obviously it`s about someone who`s in love with another person who already has a partner...... :rolleyes: i hope this is not a silly question:o thank you .bye

I dunno, but that lyric about 'I know you love one person, so why can't you love two?' is amazing. I want to die when I hear it. And it's a tiny bit pervy!

It's just a very simple song about unrequited love. In short, Moz doing what he does best with a lovely composition backing it up.

I don't understand how the lyrics have anything to do with The Smiths.

As far as I'm concerned Angel, Angel, We Go Down Together is about Marr (Morrissey has said as much) and Break Up The Family is partially at least about The Smiths.

Billy Budd is also rumoured to be about Marr. Read the lyrics.

"Now it's twelve years on...yes and I took up with you."

The song appeared on Vauxhall and I which was released in 1994.

Morrissey "took-up" i.e. formed The Smiths with Marr in 1982.

Twelve years previously!!!

I can imagine Morrissey wishing that Marr would collaborate again. Maybe. In a weak moment. After six or seven glasses of wine. On Xanax.

I can't imagine Morrissey more or less begging ("Give a little something") for Marr to collaborate with him again. That, under no circumstances.

I don't recall reading about Morrissey's comments about the song. My theory is that the song may have been influenced by Ludus – 'Breaking The Rules' and her ode to polyamory.

Today's Word of the Day brought to you by the good people at Merriam-Webster:

Polyamory:\?pä-l?-?a-m?-r?\

: the state or practice of having more than one open romantic relationship at a time

thanks for answering to this weird question :)i think i was right about the lyrics:D.thank you all, you`re really kind;)

I always quite liked the idea that the song may be referring to a person who is actually in love with themselves and that there is no other person- they're just so self-involved that they don't notice this admiration from afar. Once again, another seemingly simple set of lyrics can be interpreted in so many different ways.

Mmm. The grass is always greener on the other side.
I think it's wanting someone who's already taken.
The film clip is magnificent....

I always quite liked the idea that the song may be referring to a person who is actually in love with themselves and that there is no other person- they're just so self-involved that they don't notice this admiration from afar. Once again, another seemingly simple set of lyrics can be interpreted in so many different ways.

That's a fantastic interpretation.

I dunno, but that lyric about 'I know you love one person, so why can't you love two?' is amazing. I want to die when I hear it. And it's a tiny bit pervy!

Same here. It's oh so lovely.

It's just a very simple song about unrequited love. In short, Moz doing what he does best with a lovely composition backing it up.

I don't understand how the lyrics have anything to do with The Smiths.

As far as I'm concerned Angel, Angel, We Go Down Together is about Marr (Morrissey has said as much) and Break Up The Family is partially at least about The Smiths.

Billy Budd is also rumoured to be about Marr. Read the lyrics.

"Now it's twelve years on...yes and I took up with you."

The song appeared on Vauxhall and I which was released in 1994.

Morrissey "took-up" i.e. formed The Smiths with Marr in 1982.

Twelve years previously!!!

i like this level of banter , i also like the fact that you have taken time out to type it out , i remember reading about this when vauxhall came out , its a nice thought

Back
Top Bottom