New Order (and JD) Thread - Because Barney and his legendary white shorts deserve nothing less

Another excellent review

For a band like New Order, playing venues of this size and magnitude has been part and parcel for the majority of their careers. Which is understandable when considering their back catalogue and importance in the grand scheme of things, both musically and culturally. Founder members Bernard Sumner, Gillian Gilbert and Stephen Morris stand assured alongside more recent arrivals Phil Cunningham and Tom Chapman. Collectively they’re still one of the most forward thinking musical ensembles around, so while the setlist is a career spanning showcase of the band’s glittering career - including a nod to Morris and Sumner’s past in Joy Division - many of the songs themselves are reworked to sound as fresh and invigorating as they did when first created.

Nice to see that Hooky never forgets the challenges Ian faced.

IMG_2202.jpeg

Nice end of tour message, Morrissey's management need to do stuff like this, New Orders team set a link up for people to share their experiences, although they have missed a word out.

Nice end of tour message, Morrissey's management need to do stuff like this, New Orders team set a link up for people to share their experiences, although they have missed a word out.

Can you imagine the kind of cringeworthy shit that would be posted?
”Morrissey, my dearest love, you are the best person who has ever lived & I will die for you & I will not rest until your public image is restored & I know you are not racist, you are just like me & I love you, I love you so much & I have nothing else in my life apart from you & we are meant to be together, there is a light that never goes out, I love you & you are so sexy when you wear those flared jeans, please tell me you write all of your songs just for me? I play them on a loop all day, every day & I love you xxx🙄x”

Don't know how others feel about memories but my memory of life when I was younger isn't that good but last night when Peter Hook played Dead Souls I actually felt like I'd been transported back in time to when I was 17 when JD opened with this song supporting Buzzcocks at Manchester Apollo in 1979.

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of the light before but obviously I know who Peter Hook is.
They were playing at the Hammersmith Apollo which is literally around the corner from where I live, I could have gone to see them but couldn’t be bothered.

I now realise I’ve given quite a precise location of my stomping ground, I frequent a few of the pubs in the area if anyone wants a chat or wants to come and stab me.

I’ve never heard of the light before but obviously I know who Peter Hook is.
They were playing at the Hammersmith Apollo which is literally around the corner from where I live, I could have gone to see them but couldn’t be bothered.

I went to the O2 to see NO a few weeks ago and I went to the Peters Wolverhampton gig, he's fantastic live and plays both JD & NO stuff in their original form, whereas NO have freshened up the older stuff. Interesting contrasts but both work well.

“We may be your black sheep but you forgot us a long time ago.

We may be your lost sheep, but it’s time you remembered us now.”

“We may be your black sheep but you forgot us a long time ago.

We may be your lost sheep, but it’s time you remembered us now.”

I’m in the middle of that mess, amazing night I was absolutely pissed through with sweat!

Back
Top Bottom