New York, NY - United Palace (Oct. 25, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY & @Amsden

• Photo sam_esty_rayner_photography / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead (original post).

23150-5bde81df2daf8c8f6d8eb5c63d4abd69.jpg

Last edited:
He should’ve been I Wish You Lonely a single instead of the ones he selected from Low In High School considering how often it gets played.

Yes, it’s a great song; one of my favourites from the album. It would’ve made a much better single than Jacky’s Only Happy… or the awful Spent the Day in Bed. Perhaps Home is a Question Mark would’ve also been a preferable single choice.

I do think that My Love, I’d Do…. & All the Young People…. were suitable singles, though.

Anyone up for a game of 'Setlist Bingo'? :unsure:
Ok, I'll go, I've not looked at the set list yet

Was hold onto your friends and I know it's gonna happen someday played?

The usual random gems for the playlist and a completely unexpected cover of Suede's Daddy's speeding 😍

Right? :)

Right? :(

it all sounds ruddy marvellous but would it not be too much to ask for....
  1. Ask
  2. Sister, I’m a poet
  3. Is it really so strange?
  4. Hairdresser on fire
  5. I am Veronica
  6. Once I saw the river clean
  7. You’re the one for me, fatty
  8. First of the gang to die
  9. Darling, I hug a pillow
  10. Reel around the fountain
  11. I want the one I can’t have
  12. Nobody loves us
  13. (...except) Trouble (who) loves me
  14. Rebels without applause
  15. I’m not a man
  16. Certain people I know
  17. Glamorous glue
  18. Lost
  19. Now my heart is full
  20. Disappointed
  21. There is a light that never goes out

Morning after…another great night. I’m so glad I came. Morrissey really seems happy and it’s nice to be part of it. His vocals are just bang on and he knows how to use them. I was front row in front of Cam and got a handshake during Suesehead and also yelled we love you after his intro which is what he was responding to. I felt like a fan girl but I got caught up in a great experience. I’m genuinely happy for him. Now to wait for next time.

MORRISSEY : United Palace
Wednesday October 25, 2023

01. We hate it when our friends become successful
02. Suedehead
03. Alma matters ( 917pm )
04. Our frank
05. Stop me if you've heard this one before
06. Sure enough the telephone rings
07. I wish you lonely
08. How soon is now
09. Girlfriend in a coma
10. Irish blood english heart
11. Darling I hug a pillow
12. Let me kiss you
13. Half a person
14. Speedway
15. The loop
16. Please please please let me get what I want ( 10:10pm )
17. Every day is like sunday
18. Jack the ripper
e19. Sweet and tender hooligan

...aamazingly happy Morrissey tonight
A varied and eclectic set list. Daring and unafraid. The essence of rock and roll.

Ok, I'll go, I've not looked at the set list yet

Was hold onto your friends and I know it's gonna happen someday played?

The usual random gems for the playlist and a completely unexpected cover of Suede's Daddy's speeding 😍

Right? :)

Right? :(
his next tour is 21 smiths songs,the name of the tour is THE STUCK IN THE PAST TOUR,in bright lights.

Some positive points: he finished his residency (contrary to some predictions), fans attending and Morrissey seemed happy, and we lost Hank along the way.

Thanks to all who posted videos!

His voice sounds great, but with few exceptions (heavier songs like Sweet and Tender Hooligan), there is a karaoke vibe to the tour.

I wish he’d revive the old band (read into that what you will) and mix up the set list.

The setlists for these shows look excellent. Only three post-Quarry songs is great - ideally you'd have zero, obviously, but I've seen recent setlists with like five songs in a row from his shitty unreleased albums and cover versions album. With this list, if you go to the bar during Sure Enough The Telephone Rings it's a really good concert.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom