Official Shed Seven thread

girl still ill

Half a person
Laugh and joke all you want, but im ready to declare my love for York's finest, Shed Seven. Having seen them in Manchester last night, i have to say that it was one of the BEST gigs i have ever been to.

Shed Seven have long been my husbands greatest love. His Morrissey you could say. After last night, i can see why.

There is a lot to be said for catchy, indie pop that just makes you wanna sing along to and dance like an idiot to. I did both last night.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rick and the boys for a superb night and for giving the world the genius that is, Disco Down!

let the mickey taking begin :p:p:p

Hey, I too was there last night. My "She left me on friday t-shirt on" stage right near the front but over to the side enough to "Disco down!" Which isnt easy with a broken big toe but I managed it anyway because it was a fantastic gig I agree.

My nephew came with me and brought his 13 yr old cousin too. They went to the crush barrier and Rick made a point of asking the young lad if he was enjoying himself, and finished the gig by giving him one of his maracas.

Top night and I hope they realise they have to give new material serious consideration when you see the audiences they can draw in.

Laugh and joke all you want, but im ready to declare my love for York's finest, Shed Seven. Having seen them in Manchester last night, i have to say that it was one of the BEST gigs i have ever been to.

agreed, seem them live about 3 times and that gig was by far the best. bringing back some class album tracks into the set aswell as rolling stones cover jumping jack flash was a great idea. ending with a drawn out chasing rainbows :thumb: highlight was the instrumental cover of stone roses anthem i am the ressurection!!!! amazing.

heres some a blog which shares the same love for the yorkshire band:-
http://abc-afterglow.blogspot.com/search/label/Shed Seven
feat. http://abc-afterglow.blogspot.com/2009/10/shed-seven-b-sides-singles.html & http://abc-afterglow.blogspot.com/2009/10/shed-seven-one-hand-clapping-unreleased.html

My hubby was wearing his "Ive been chasing rainbows, all my life" t shirt.
I really do put sat's gig up there as one of the best i have ever been too.

Loved the covers, particlularly the stone roses instrumental. Thought Rick did justice to jumpin jack flash. His voice sounded great and im loving Alans backflip over the drums at the end.

My hubby went Fri night too, and then joined me for Moz night at star and garter. His t shirt got a lot of "thumbs up". Which made my night! A lot of appreciation for shed seven from the star and garter crowd :thumb:

Highlights for me were dolphin, bully boy and chasing rainbows!

Definitely need to write some new material if they wanna tour again. After last year and then again this year, they can't keep milking the old stuff.
Lets have some new stuff and show the bands of today how it should be done

:p

File under 'nostalgia' but I actually like them. A bit.
Listening to their freebie live album recorded in 2007 as I type. Not bad, but then again I'm deeply in love... and everything seems beautiful.

On a separate note, I bought a stock of all their cd singles for 25.000 £ - thats a bit more than 10 € - years ago.

Back
Top Bottom