Pageant of his bleeding heart preview

This has been longer in gestation than an elephant's baby. Still, it's been on my Amazon preorder list for ages, I hope it's worth it.

Peter

This has been longer in gestation than an elephant's baby.

View attachment 7383View attachment 7384View attachment 7385

...And will it be half as interesting as one, do you think?...

The "scholarship"? Oh please: if people want lettered waffle, fanciful flights of fancy, portentous paraphrases, far-fetched comparisons, loopy historical perpectives, erudite films/ books/TV shows quotes, and personality analysis most scientologists would be proud of, it's all on the internet, and for no charge at all.

So, that scholarship Morrissey "deserves" (why? is he a scholar himself?), is it the one of so-called writers so busy leaving their mark in English literature (up their own arses) that they write about a given subject entirely missing an element about the size of a baby elephant? Do tell, Mr Bracewell.

They may also take an equally long time to "give birth", but at least elephants don't have an inflated ego, don't give a monkey's about your money, and don't cause as much damage to the environment. Does it mean they're less intelligent than "scholarly" writers?

:ha-no:

Anybody can write a f. book. (And looks like even more people can write a book about Morrissey.)

A book that has a point, now, that's another story.

I hope that those two scholarly writers will learn to use the internet properly before "Pageant of your Bleeding Arse" volume 2. They could get an idea or two from here (and that includes how to ask people to bend over and give you their money, among less interesting things, like how singers really get ideas and the importance of non-British things in British Culture :lbf:)

- I know, elephant-rant, but I swear, sometimes with those authors and journos it feels like being a horse in a freakin' neverending Tournament of Tossers.:rofl:-

Anyway, why don't all those wannabe writers leave the task to Morrissey himself? At least if it's shit, it'll come from the arse's mouth!

If you really must read this because you don't have the time to surf the internet and you are impressed by scholars who write long paragraphs full of words, then, why not simply suggest your local library to buy it?

Alternatively, go to a Symposium: at least, you'll get lunch!:thumb:

Oh well. Enjoy your reading Skinny. Good luck. I'm sure it has non soporific pa-:sleeping:

Last edited:
View attachment 7383View attachment 7384View attachment 7385

...And will it be half as interesting as one, do you think?...

The "scholarship"? Oh please: if people want lettered waffle, fanciful flights of fancy, portentous paraphrases, far-fetched comparisons, loopy historical perpectives, erudite films/ books/TV shows quotes, and personality analysis most scientologists would be proud of, it's all on the internet, and for no charge at all.

So, that scholarship Morrissey "deserves" (why? is he a scholar himself?), is it the one of so-called writers so busy leaving their mark in English literature (up their own arses) that they write about a given subject entirely missing an element about the size of a baby elephant? Do tell, Mr Bracewell.

They may also take an equally long time to "give birth", but at least elephants don't have an inflated ego, don't give a monkey's about your money, and don't cause as much damage to the environment. Does it mean they're less intelligent than "scholarly" writers?

:ha-no:

Anybody can write a f. book. (And looks like even more people can write a book about Morrissey.)

A book that has a point, now, that's another story.

I hope that those two scholarly writers will learn to use the internet properly before "Pageant of your Bleeding Arse" volume 2. They could get an idea or two from here (and that includes how to ask people to bend over and give you their money, among less interesting things, like how singers really get ideas and the importance of non-British things in British Culture :lbf:)

- I know, elephant-rant, but I swear, sometimes with those authors and journos it feels like being a horse in a freakin' neverending Tournament of Tossers.:rofl:-

Anyway, why don't all those wannabe writers leave the task to Morrissey himself? At least if it's shit, it'll come from the arse's mouth!

If you really must read this because you don't have the time to surf the internet and you are impressed by scholars who write long paragraphs full of words, then, why not simply suggest your local library to buy it?

Alternatively, go to a Symposium: at least, you'll get lunch!:thumb:

Oh well. Enjoy your reading Skinny. Good luck. I'm sure it has non soporific pa-:sleeping:

I am going to the symposium. It will be excellent. A lot of the enjoyment of these events is actually meeting people, talking about the man and the music over food and beer. As for books, I'm reading Leo Rosten at the moment. Anyone else here a fan of H*Y*M*A*N*K*A*P*L*A*N ?

Peter

Back
Top Bottom