Palacio de los Deportes, Mexico City, Mexico due September 10, 2023 - rescheduled for October 31, 2023.

"Translated from Spanish by Google
Morrissey... Cancelled.

An anonymous hamster
correspondent reported to us a while ago that something was wrong with the setup.
We investigated and now we confirm:
Morrissey says he is sick and it is cancelled!
We are waiting for an official announcement from 0CESA, but for the fans we hope that something can be resolved."

Started as word of mouth rumour.
More substantial 'sources' above.
No word if postponed or cancelled outright - or just misinterpreted rumours.

Note:
This is tentative information, if any ticket holders have direct sources of information, please let us know.
More details as things become clearer.
The thread status of rumour will be updated the moment an official Morrissey announcement is made.
Hoping this information is wrong and concertgoers aren't disappointed.
Regards,
FWD.

Update (September 10, 2013):
Now confirmed as not going ahead - rumour tag removed.
Rescheduled date given of October 31, 2023.

20230910_000319.jpg

Maybe the why of the scarf in that article about what he has been doing in Mexico.

If it's just a cold there should be enough time for him to recover before the rest of the dates.
criss i had a right bad cold last week,you just feel like shit and cant do very much.

I've been thinking that there is no way he will play all those dates if extrapolation from past data on cancellations is anything to go by, and that's perfectly fine.... If he doesn't f***ing book to play them in the first place. I believe this is way too ambitious for a 64-year-old who has health issues.
Peter Hook is 67 and played 52 gigs last year and he plays for two and a half hours, apart from Barrett’s what health issues does Morrissey have?

he probably caught whatever he has at the garbage concert,thousands of people crammed in a small space coughing and spluttering for two hours.
hes in his mid 60s,his immune system wont be as effective as it was,every concert is a gamble and all i hear now is concerts being cancelled by a lot of artists these days.

Last edited:
Peter Hook is 67 and played 52 gigs last year and he plays for two and a half hours, apart from Barrett’s what health issues does Morrissey have?
I don't know specifically, but he has stated many times that he has a plethora of health issues and a dodgy immune system.

I know Hooky is a prolific performer, and that's great, but, the bottom line is that, M shouldn't put on shows he knows he isn't going to be able to do.

Last edited:
There sure was something wrong with the setup... *cough *cough.. no real "guitar" players in the band.
Moz called in sick again.

M should start the next show with Still ill.

I don't know specifically, but he has stated many times that he has a plethora of health issues and a dodgy immune system.
If he does know himself to have a rather dodgy immune system, mingling with the crowd at some concert only a few days prior to a tour starting while some new COVID strain (Eris) and lots of other nasty germ fückers being on the (seasonal) rise is SUCH a smart thing to do indeed. :rolleyes:

So because Peter Hook doesn't cancel gigs very often, it means that M is just making his sickness up? What point are you trying to make here?

There is a lot of covid. I hope Moz is well Morrissey's health is the main thing :disrelieved:
There wouldn't be a lot of covid if people stopped being sheep and threw their nasal testers in the bin. I had a regular flu that was way worse than the covid I had. Same for everyone I know. Money making scam and a nice lazy lever to allow useless governments to shut us in. Moz probably has a cold.

Somebody spiked the Sabritas? Or maybe Montezuma's Revenge?
There is a certain irony that it's the 40 Years of Morrissey World Tour and he cancels the first night.

For people who think this is all fine and dandy, and representative of Morrissey’s disposal to regular illness: Might I ask how they’d like to rationalise away the equally numerous commitments to ‘reschedule’, which are almost inevitably unfulfilled?

I suspect that he never had any intention of making good on most of the ‘new’ dates he never appeared for.

And that would seem to support the suspicion that he’s actually indifferent about the inconvenience and costs he might cause fans. Often twice, for a single event.

If I’m correct, the only thing Morrissey would be reasonably diagnosed with is an unwelcome character flaw (one I’m personally happy to overlook, but not deny).

But as I say, I’m open to hearing about a biological illness that compels people to make diary promises that they have no intention of keeping.

I know Hooky is a prolific performer, and that's great, but, the bottom line is that, M shouldn't put on shows he knows he isn't going to be able to do.

But what if he doesn’t know? There was rehearsals prior to this show, so the intention to do it was there.

For people who think this is all fine and dandy, and representative of Morrissey’s disposal to regular illness: Might I ask how they’d like to rationalise away the equally numerous commitments to ‘reschedule’, which are almost inevitably unfulfilled?

I suspect that he never had any intention of making good on most of the ‘new’ dates he never appeared for.

And that would seem to support the suspicion that he’s actually indifferent about the inconvenience and costs he might cause fans. Often twice, for a single event.

If I’m correct, the only thing Morrissey would be reasonably diagnosed with is an unwelcome character flaw (one I’m personally happy to overlook, but not deny).

But as I say, I’m open to hearing about a biological illness that compels people to make diary promises that they have no intention of keeping.

But if @Uncleskinny is right, that it’s all about the money? Then surely he will do this make up date. And not only are the fans hit financially, but so is Morrissey, but wait, if it’s all about the money? then something doesn’t add up.

Back
Top Bottom