Peter Doherty against Moz

J

juli

When did that happen, does anyone know?

>>[Peter] Doherty also vows to enact violent revenge on his hero Morrissey, after the former Smiths icon refused to shake his hand. Morrissey reportedly said of Doherty: "I'm not sure he can cope. There's a desperation to him. I sense he's on thin ice".

> When did that happen, does anyone know?

auf contactmusic datiert die "neuigkeit" vom 23/12/2004 09:42...

> auf contactmusic datiert die "neuigkeit" vom 23/12/2004 09:42...

oi. gibs dazu auch nen link? bütte?

> oi. gibs dazu auch nen link? bütte?

aber klar doch: http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/doherty%20threatens%20morrissey%20with%20violence

Can't be bothered trying to sift through the wealth of info in the link, as i'm existing on borrowed time. However, i believe the threat was made against Moz in one of Doherty's less lucid moments (and, let's be honest, there've been a few) after seeing Moz on the front of NME with his arm around Carl Barat.
I think Mozzer genuinely feels sorry for Doherty, but he would obviously have taken the side of his former bandmates against Pete, because of his own experience; the sympathy is probably due to his hounding and / or glorification / demonisation by the evil British tabloid culture.
I can't say what leads people to take drugs or to become addicted, but i know that, from experience, there's only so much sympathy you can have for an addict before breaking with them becomes the only option left for your own sanity ... and to hell with the personal consequences.
Doherty, Cobain, Vicious, etc should not really be feted the way that they are, or were; it's all well and good to stand back and admire a star as being 'rock n roll' for their life of excess and dangerous appeal, but to be fair, you wouldn't want to be around them at three in the morning, waking up to find a pool of vomit in the bed and bruises on your body due to their 'bad trip'.
Anyways, if Doherty ever does to Moz what he did to Johnny Borrell, then i'm sure all of us on this site would gladly pay him a visit ... with a baseball bat.

At the end of the day Moz could crush the little junkie twat like a twig !!
lol
Jim Bob

> what did he do to johnny borell?

(adopt yorkshire accent)
He stuck nut on him, backstage at the Carling Festival ... one too many Carlings methinks.
(you can speak normally now)
Anyways, it left poor ol Johnny with a shiner and left me seething, because i think, for all his bluster and arrogance, Borrell can actually back up his talk with some inspired music; by contrast, Babyshambles haven't really set the world on fire have they.
Peter, please go back to Carl, he was the only one who could keep you sufficiently reined in.

morrissey love his music and is concerned, thats all!

Also i doubt he would have a bad trip - this isnt the 70's man!!!

> Can't be bothered trying to sift through the wealth of info in the link,
> as i'm existing on borrowed time. However, i believe the threat was made
> against Moz in one of Doherty's less lucid moments (and, let's be honest,
> there've been a few) after seeing Moz on the front of NME with his arm
> around Carl Barat.
> I think Mozzer genuinely feels sorry for Doherty, but he would obviously
> have taken the side of his former bandmates against Pete, because of his
> own experience; the sympathy is probably due to his hounding and / or
> glorification / demonisation by the evil British tabloid culture.
> I can't say what leads people to take drugs or to become addicted, but i
> know that, from experience, there's only so much sympathy you can have for
> an addict before breaking with them becomes the only option left for your
> own sanity ... and to hell with the personal consequences.
> Doherty, Cobain, Vicious, etc should not really be feted the way that they
> are, or were; it's all well and good to stand back and admire a star as
> being 'rock n roll' for their life of excess and dangerous appeal, but to
> be fair, you wouldn't want to be around them at three in the morning,
> waking up to find a pool of vomit in the bed and bruises on your body due
> to their 'bad trip'.
> Anyways, if Doherty ever does to Moz what he did to Johnny Borrell, then
> i'm sure all of us on this site would gladly pay him a visit ... with a
> baseball bat.

^ agree

"Little junkie twat"? You can only be talking about Pete Doherty! Oh, I see, that's what the post is about.

So you don't think he was deserving of his 3 minute spot in front of 20 zillion people for Live8? That even embarrassed Elton John - something I thought was not possible! Anyway, how did Doherty ever hold it together long enough in rehearsals (or in conversation) to convince Elton that it would be a memorable performance? Geez, take our most wasted and talentless tosser and showcase him to a Global audience as a kind of UK ambassador. Thanks Elton you clueless wanker! When not nuzzling with Eminem you like an obnoxious coke head on stage with you, eh? Who's doing who a favour?

Kate Moss seems to like Doherty anyway, and she's not a junkie twat. Oh, hang on... Maybe I should just start this reply again? ;-)

> At the end of the day Moz could crush the little junkie twat like a twig
> !!
> lol
> Jim Bob

Back
Top Bottom