Photo of band reading "List of the Lost" posted on Gustavo Manzur's Facebook

What is a Poet? to whom does he address himself? and what language is to be expected from him?—He is a man speaking to men: a man, it is true, endowed with more lively sensibility, more enthusiasm and tenderness, who has a greater knowledge of human nature, and a more comprehensive soul, than are supposed to be common among mankind; a man pleased with his own passions and volitions, and who rejoices more than other men in the spirit of life that is in him; delighting to contemplate similar volitions and passions as manifested in the goings-on of the Universe, and habitually impelled to create them where he does not find them, to these qualities he has added a disposition to be affected more than other men by absent things as if they were present; an ability of conjuring up in himself passions, which are indeed far from being the same as those produced by real events, yet (especially in those parts of the general sympathy which are pleasing and delightful) do more nearly resemble the passions produced by real events, than anything which, from the motions of their own minds merely, other men are accustomed to feel in themselves:—whence, and from practice, he has acquired a greater readiness and power in expressing what he thinks and feels, and especially those thoughts and feelings which, by his own choice, or from the structure of his own mind, arise in him without immediate external excitement.

It's funny though. People say M should work with Butler... But (&I could be wrong) I've yet to hear someone say
..that Brett should work with Marr. Anyhoo.

yeah but thats because bernard is on record as being a huge moz fan and once tried to reach out i think with the tune for yes and to my reckoning i dont think brett has said the same about marr though he is on record as loving the smiths in general. bretts appreciation has been directed at moz silly press succfles aside though that might just be because they are both singers with him relating in that fashion. even now trying to imagine a brett marr parring is hard and im a fan of both. i think them very similar at times though. i really liked bretts work with leo on slow attack in particular. he works well, brett does, with cinematic songwriters

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom