Playboys.......

knight123 said:
Not all covers are poor.
'The Animals' cover of Dylan's 'House of the Rising Sun' is far superior and need I remind you that Moz himself did a superior cover of that Magazine song.
Nobody can sing "A Song From Under The Floorboards" with more paranoia and anger in his voice than Howard Devoto. Moz's version is good, but comes nowhere near the original.

draize_train said:
Lot of craziness in this thread. If cover versions enrage you, perhaps it's time to see your therapist.

It's caIIed having a sense of humor! The ones w/o one are usuaIIy the ones who reaIIy go crazy;)

DAnn Coulter said:
It's caIIed having a sense of humor! The ones w/o one are usuaIIy the ones who reaIIy go crazy;)

I know you put the wink in there but I hope you're not suggesting that one of THE most popular lads on this forum (Andy) does not have a sense of humour?:mad:

Do you fancy pistols at dawn to sort this out?

mjp said:
I know you put the wink in there but I hope you're not suggesting that one of THE most popular lads on this forum (Andy) does not have a sense of humour?:mad:

Do you fancy pistols at dawn to sort this out?

A DueI, you mean? Sounds fun, but you seem to have gotten things wrong.....I have agreed with andy_fozzy aII aIong this thread, I'm one of those enraged by crappy cover versions of great songs! My comment about humor was intended for draize_train who seems to beIieve that I and others here might be in need of therapy.......probabIy aIso refering to my post about murdering/terrorizing EMO bands. Go bac and read page 1. appearentIy this person thought Pervo and I were being serious, weII at Ieast I wasn't.....maybe 49% but that's it!

So I guess you don't consider me PopuIar since you gave me that angry face [sad!]

Last edited:
DAnn Coulter said:
A DueI, you mean? Sounds fun, but you seem to have gotten things wrong.....I have agreed with andy_fozzy aII aIong this thread, I'm one of those enraged by crappy cover versions of great songs! My comment about humor was intended for draize_train who seems to beIieve that I and others here might be in need of therapy.......probabIy aIso refering to my post about murdering/terrorizing EMO bands. Go bac and read page 1. appearentIy this person thought Pervo and I were being serious, weII at Ieast I wasn't.....maybe 49% but that's it!

So I guess you don't consider me PopuIar since you gave me that angry face [sad!]

Sorry DAnn, I was having a moment of Bravado for Andy as he's a good guy.

Lets call a truce, please consider the angry face removed forever more.

:)

mjp said:
Sorry DAnn, I was having a moment of Bravado for Andy as he's a good guy.

Lets call a truce, please consider the angry face removed forever more.

:)

Truce :)

I'm a good guy too...... 90% of the time anyway!

As long as Morrissey EARNS loyalities he let those people do cover versions. I heard that he got 1/4 million from tatu's version of How Soon Is Now? It seems insane that if he'd against cover versions and film soundtracks offers because it's one of the marketing tools to reach wider audiences although personally he wouldn't bother about those things.

Back
Top Bottom