Quantum Leap

mspendl828

Banned
Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor Sam Beckett led an elite group of scientists
into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as "Quantum Leap". Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding,
Doctor Beckett prematurely stepped into the Project Accelerator and vanished.
He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own.
Fortunately, contact with his own time was made through brainwave transmissions with Al, the Project Observer,
who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Beckett could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Beckett
finds himself leaping from life to life, putting things right that once went wrong and hoping each time
that his next leap will be the leap home.

Quantum-Leap-734637.JPG

samandal.jpg

Quantum_Leap_59.jpg

Last edited:
Quantum Leap is one of my all-time favorite shows.

It's an awesome show. I grew up watching it and often try and find it online. Surfthechannel used to have the full series, but not anymore.

Did he ever get home?

AWWWW,
it was and always will be one of my fave shows, (with the x files) i watched it without fail, and i loved it,
it was so devastating when they ended it, but cute that he got to meet 'god' (i know i know, they had to end it one day)

*goes all nostalgic*

Did he ever get home?

No. He ends up fixing time so Al never becomes a POW and is happily married to his first wife, and as a result, he misses his leap home to the future and keeps leaping through time indefinitely.

That's how I recall it, anyway. I know he never gets home, though.

and WHY is this thread in the pigsty?
hmmm?

please mods move it to off topic proper, :)

Are we going to get into Quantum Leap Flame Wars now? :rolleyes:

Basically, he chose to "put right what once went wrong" for Al. If you remember, Sam had the chance to save Al's marriage to Beth when he leaped into an undercover cop. Al kept trying to convince Sam that he was there to prevent a nurse from having her MIA husband declared dead so that she could marry someone else (the nurse being Beth and Al the husband who was MIA in Vietnam) when he was really there to save the life of the cop. Sam didn't change Al's life because of the strict rule of not altering the course of their own histories. Later on in the series, Sam lept into his younger self and saved his older brother's life. In the final episode of the series, Sam was able to go back and save Al's marriage to Beth. :)

OMG! One of the greatest shows ever!!!

Back
Top Bottom