Rebels Without Applause released as a single track - initially on some region's YT, now to buy & stream (November 24, 2022)

UPDATE (Nov. 25):

This Charming Bowie posted the story from official_morrissey_central / Instagram:

Morrissey's Rebels Without Applause is available today worldwide (including Britain) on Spotify,
courtesy of Capitol Records. The track is produced by Andrew Watt. This is Morrissey's first 'single' release since 'It's Over', taken from the 'California Son' album in November 2019. 'It's Over' peaked at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart.

Also now on Morrissey Central. Link posted by Famous when dead.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
More chaos. W in the actual F? Again. A normal artist doesn’t dump a leaked sped up file in low fi.

The latest YT upload (removed/re-uploaded) is identical to the HQ MP4 shared & official audio MP3 (except that runs 1 second longer).
They match the Spotify version too.
If you turn the speed down a tiny notch (0.75), it sounds abysmal.
It is what it is.
FWD.

available in US

Attachments

• FDB535C9-2309-4419-8105-E4AAC720A69F.jpeg
    FDB535C9-2309-4419-8105-E4AAC720A69F.jpeg
    997 KB · Views: 0
whoever produced this should go and redo you are the quarry. i love that record but i hate the production, so i have to listen to live versions of those songs. i know you guys didn't ask, but im offering my opinions anyway, and i'm anticipating that a trigger happy moderator will move this post to off topic!

YouTube music added the song, but doesn't list it with all the other Morrissey. Where it's listed you see 6 people subscribed. The "other" Morrissey account has 267k subscribers.

I've just listened and was about to say the same. I didn't use headphones but something did not sound quite right.

This was one of the biggest fears of some when they heard who was producing the record. If you don’t like this wait until you hear what he’s done with the Little Mermaid-esque bv’s on the studio version of Veronica 😬 Fortunately, it’s been masked during the live shows.

Alas, these are the types of things that happen when you make a deal with the devil.

It's particularly bad at the part where he sings "generation x and x-ray spex."
I agree; at that particular part his delivery is exceptionally clunky and wobbly- the raw and dry mix helping nothing. I will say that I quite like the vocal inflictions throughout, hitting those high notes he doesn’t hit live

This is making me indescribably happy on a Friday morning. Some quick thoughts:

1. Somehow it sounds a bit less like "Cemetry Gates" than the live versions?
2. The music sounds amazing, I love the production on the guitars, the pace of it, the background applause, etc. It just sounds so poppy!
3. His voice...it is a bit weird. But I like it, he sounds younger? (Which is, perhaps, an odd choice given that this is a nostalgic song about people/days gone by.)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom