Record Collector Nov 2009 - Morrissey Top 50

I would have thought November The 2nd would have been no. 1.

I never got the Interlude 3" CD-R.

Jeff Pelletier had already been the king of collectors before I had started being in the game and Mikael was in diapers;-) I remember getting Morri'zine and Sing Your Life fanzines back in the early '90s and Jeff had want ads in the back and had been rockin' at full tilt for years while I was just buying Kill Uncle on cd at Tower.

Record collector valued November The 2nd at £2000 in the issue before this one (Rolling Stones Altamont cover).

:D:D
I would have thought November The 2nd would have been no. 1.

I never got the Interlude 3" CD-R.

Jeff Pelletier had already been the king of collectors before I had started being in the game and Mikael was in diapers;-) I remember getting Morri'zine and Sing Your Life fanzines back in the early '90s and Jeff had want ads in the back and had been rockin' at full tilt for years while I was just buying Kill Uncle on cd at Tower.

So you've been winding us up about the Interlude 3", eh?? :crazy::lbf::D

Beau, I was wondering about Interlude 3" and November the 2nd to. I figured Nov would of been 1 and the Interlude 2.
I bought some things from Jeff a few years ago, but I haven't heard from him in a while. The Korean Quarry is pretty easy to get. I just traded one to Terrancestamp two weeks ago, but the little mug that came with the promo Korean Quarry is pretty hard to find. The booklet with different picture and poster inside are the same.

This is purely anecdotal, but...

I've had 4 "That's Entertainment" CDs pass through my hands in the past ten years and three "Candle" CDs. I've only ever seen one copy of the "Quarry" interview CD, dutifully sitting on my shelf. I'd hazard a guess it's rarer than the other two (though less sought-after).

Moreover, the fact that November the Second doesn't even appear on this list is really quite nonsensical, isn't it? I know several people who own copies of the three CDs I mentioned previously, but I've never seen a November the Second 12", nor have I ever heard of anyone admit to owning one (aside from the person who won the Ebay auction several years back.)

So many variations of the Viva Hate promo box, why weren't they lumped together.

Here are a bunch of rarities that didn't make the list. Why?
Interlude (Abbey Road UK promo 3” CD-R)
Singles (Abbey Road UK promo CD-R; 17-tk all singles Suedehead to Boxers dated 12/02/94)
EP (Mercury UK promo CD-R; 3-tks: Heir Apparent/I Can Have Both/Lost/Edges No Longer Parallel)
3 Cuts (Reprise US promo CD-R; 3-tks: You’ve Had Her/Family Line /Cosmic Dancer (live))
Warehouse Music In-Store Play (EMI UK promo CD-R, 17-tk)
Cherokee Session (CD-R Promo, 3-tks: IBEH, LMKY, My Life)
YATQ (BMG France promo CD-R; slipcase, 5-tks: America/IBEH/Jesus/Camden/Not Sorry)
In the Future When All’s Well (Attack UK CD-R promo, picture sleeve)
I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris + EPK (DVD promo)
Ringleader of the Tormentors EPK (DVD-R promo)

Stange list, the majory is this cd-r with no good artwork and that could be done by anyone.
I suspect this list to "trap" people who own somes nice piece like the Nv 2nd or interlude or Satan 12" ect etc to think they have worthless item and sell it for nothing.
Afterall if people sell their child for a cd-r instead of a nice official stuff....

I am curious to know why the Interlude 3" reference CD-R would be the rarest/most expensive reference CD, is it the 3" format? I would pay more for the 5" counterpart with Moz only vocals.

I am curious to know why the Interlude 3" reference CD-R would be the rarest/most expensive reference CD, is it the 3" format? I would pay more for the 5" counterpart with Moz only vocals.
I have only seen one in the last 12 years. It is a nice piece with the abby rd. logo and typed date in a nice pack. Does anyone have one to post a picture of?
The one track Tomorrow is way more rare than the Vauxhall LP, but that didn't make it either. But Tomorrow has no artwork but is way more rare.

Mikael, the first Moz CD-R I ever saw was for "Boy Racer", in '95. "Interlude" predates that by a year. Keeping in mind that CD-Rs were far from commonplace during this time, in fact "Boxers" acetate 12"s were still cut the same year, the last Morrissey release to get a 12" acetate.

All CD-Rs on the Record Collector list were given out for promotion, where as I would guess that the "Interlude" 3" was more for in-house purposes.

"Boy Racer, "Alma Matters" and "Satan" are the earliest CD-Rs I have seen, aside from "Interlude".

I wanted to say I didn't mean to be so harsh on the this article. Didn't mean to offend anybody.
I wouldn't have the competence of putting a list together and I'm sure if I did, many would disagree with it.

I think a member of these boards told me he at one point had 13 (!) Moz reference CDs. I think the earliest I have seen is for TMYIM. I would think these would be hard to rank individually and therefore were excluded (along with test pressings) from the list. I'm yet to read the article but I already know I don't agree with everything in it. As I understood it "officially" released items on CD and vinyl would be featured.

not sure how many i have had at one point but this is an old pic of the cdrs, reference, etc. etc.

promosl.jpg

Didn't I see those DVD's with the handwriting on them on eBay recently? Is that what we have come to - thinking a DVDr with "Hulmerist" written on it has some value?

if you actually ever saw them in person you would know that they are NOT dvdRs. they are factory pressed discs just without the artwork on top. the inner spine has holographic info about EMI catalogue etc etc...

but i guess you would know better right? :confused:

They're DVD white labels, if you will.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I was not aware that the Quarry Interview CD was distributed without a cover. I feel fairly confident in saying that a Quarry Interview CD with picture cover (any of the three different labels) would fetch well over £100 on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom