Roxy Music

TRO!

By the way, I'm wearing nothing but the clumps of hair on my body and an ear to ear grin. Just throwing that out there. :)

Caught that fly ball...I got Patron and a shot glass...

Well, it's 11:48 on a Sunday morning here. So, you know what that means. It's time to get f***ed up.

Someone's time on the green must have gone well...;)
Operation "make it another day of blissfull remorse" in progress...

Someone's time on the green must have gone well...;)
Operation "make it another day of blissfull remorse" in progress...

The beer-cart chick conspicuously disappeared on us yesterday. The nerve of her, I swear. I mean, after all, it's part of the job description to get hit on by drunken golfers who insist on talking to chests. It's really unprofessional if you ask me...I'm talking about the beer-cart chick, of course.

But in any event, I've got to run, TRO. I've got to head out to watch the massive football games. Cro-magnon man, I am. Hasta luego, muchacha!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbLgJRQ8TDg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbLgJRQ8TDg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

BBC In Concert, Paris Theatre, 1972, 30 min set. (just before V. Plain was released)

Once BBC6 Music is no more, it will become increasingly difficult to hear these archived sessions, Radio 2 can only devote so much of their airtime and it will never be enough.

The Bogus Man Prt 2, Sea Breezes, Virginia Plain, Chance Meeting, Re-Make/Re-Model

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00scbj5

BBC In Concert, Paris Theatre, 1972, 30 min set. (just before V. Plain was released)

Once BBC6 Music is no more, it will become increasingly difficult to hear these archived sessions, Radio 2 can only devote so much of their airtime and it will never be enough.

The Bogus Man Prt 2, Sea Breezes, Virginia Plain, Chance Meeting, Re-Make/Re-Model

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00scbj5

Hello George! :)
Thank you for this...hope you are well. Looking forward to the 2010 Muse tour coming through in the fall...

Love, love, love Roxy Music.

Have you heard "U Can Dance" by DJ Hell feat. Bryan Ferry. It's a fantastic electronic number.

Where does the Ferry/Birkin version of In Every Dream Home A Heartache come from?

Love, love, love Roxy Music.

Have you heard "U Can Dance" by DJ Hell feat. Bryan Ferry. It's a fantastic electronic number.

Where does the Ferry/Birkin version of In Every Dream Home A Heartache come from?

I remember reading something about that, on the lines of Jane Birkin inviting Bryan Ferry to perform a duet of 'In Every Dream Home A Heartache' for her new album 'Rendez-vous, but other than that I don't really know any more about it

Its a nice collaboration, the song is very different from other versions I've heard.

'U Can Dance' is originally a track on an unofficial/unreleased album recorded by Bryan Ferry called 'Alphaville' again its a very different sound altogether, but I do prefer the 'DJ Hell' version, he seems to be enjoying this Techno thing at the minute, and I'm lovin 'Shameless' with Groove Armada... :D

I personally subscribe to the theory that they started at the peak of their powers and it was downhill all the way - first signs of declining inspiration are there as early as For Your Pleasure. So my fave Roxy is a 2-disc bootleg of the early BBC Sessions which I now dig out more often than the actual debut album.

For those who still wish to listen to Bryan Ferry.

Wednesday 15/12/10 Midnight till 2am.
The legendary Bryan Ferry joins Janice in conversation, with topics ranging from his upbringing, his first gig, his art, Kate Moss, and his new album Olympia
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wkfp5

Also this morning on BBC6 Music (4-5am), Bryan Ferry concert recorded live at Belfast Castle in 2002.
Listen again (first 29 mins.)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wdf8z

'U Can Dance' is originally a track on an unofficial/unreleased album recorded by Bryan Ferry called 'Alphaville' again its a very different sound altogether, but I do prefer the 'DJ Hell' version, he seems to be enjoying this Techno thing at the minute, and I'm lovin 'Shameless' with Groove Armada... :D

What an absolutely amazing song 'Shamless' is. Easily one of the best things he's done in the last two decades, thanks to Groove Armada. His version of 'Song To The Siren' is equally amazing as well. I don't care much for most of the vocals on his new album, though. When you hear him live, he has a much better sounding voice than he's seemed to have on his last 3 albums...he sounds much weaker on the albums.

Love their disco stuff in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an absolutely amazing song 'Shamless' is. Easily one of the best things he's done in the last two decades, thanks to Groove Armada. His version of 'Song To The Siren' is equally amazing as well. I don't care much for most of the vocals on his new album, though. When you hear him live, he has a much better sounding voice than he's seemed to have on his last 3 albums...he sounds much weaker on the albums.

Yeah I didn't quite know what to expect when I first heard about BF collaborating with Groove Armada, but 'Shameless' surprised me and I think Its a great tune.... would have preferred Armada's version to have been included on the album rather than the one they chose.

His voice has weakened over the years, but that comes with age I suppose doesn't it?
I have read that on the last Roxy tour (which was brilliant) that there were certain songs he wanted to Include in the set list but his vocals just wasn't up to it, having said that he did sing a lot of the more obscure tracks off the early albums, which were just brilliant and he sounded great.

The Manchester gig was filmed as well, so I hope that is going to be released In the not to distant future. :)

Tags
bryan_ferry roxy_music
Back
Top Bottom