Royal Albert Hall 27.10.2009

Love the gig, wish he kept "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" in his gig list though, Nowhere Fast is different since he hasn't done this song since 1986 with The Smiths haha.

Love the gig, wish he kept "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" in his gig list though, Nowhere Fast is different since he hasn't done this song since 1986 with The Smiths haha.

He hadn't done "Some Girls" since 1986 either..:confused:

Me, too. I was quite fond of Some Grills. But like you, it's a fair trade-off to hear Nowhere Fast.

Thank you to the recorder!!! Haven't DL'ed yet and maybe never will (to keep my upcoming concert experiences less tainted by expectation -- probably too late, but every little bit may help), but nonetheless am very pleased that it exists because of you. Thank you for sharing!

He hadn't done "Some Girls" since 1986 either..:confused:

You must be very confused. :p It's been a staple on the previous tour legs since Kansas City in April of this year.

Me, too. I was quite fond of Some Grills. But like you, it's a fair trade-off to hear Nowhere Fast.

Thank you to the recorder!!! Haven't DL'ed yet and maybe never will (to keep my upcoming concert experiences less tainted by expectation -- probably too late, but every little bit may help), but nonetheless am very pleased that it exists because of you. Thank you for sharing!

You must be very confused. :p It's been a staple on the previous tour legs since Kansas City in April of this year.

I think that's what he meant, that before he started playing Some Girls on the previous tour that he hadn't played it since 1986

Wow. Thanks Rimbaud.

Don't suppose you are going to Leeds as well :p

Dave

glad yr all digging it...

no, i won't be at leeds unfortunately, i am a fanatic
but not amongst the truly devoted...nor aly pally alas...
strange remark he made about that show,telling people
not to go is an odd marketing strategy....
i dunno,maybe it was the response he was getting
from the crowd... there was a very distinct difference
between the floor audience,who were into it
throughout,and the seated audience which was
to say the least,muted...as you will hear on the
recording,there is very little audience noise
around me...the lukewarm reaction to "poor education"
was the worst example,which was sad,i thought
as it was beautifully sung.....
be interesting to hear if any recording
from the floor surfaces, as the 2 rock chicks (ahem)
i went with,said it sounded better down there..
they could well be right..

Heya!

Thank you for taking time to upload this for us .. only thing is .. it says on my side that it has an "exension rar" that my windows media player doesn't recognise. Any idea what that could be and what i could do?

Sorry to be a pain. I'm very grateful even though i havent qite got it yet :-D

Heya!

Thank you for taking time to upload this for us .. only thing is .. it says on my side that it has an "exension rar" that my windows media player doesn't recognise. Any idea what that could be and what i could do?

Sorry to be a pain. I'm very grateful even though i havent qite got it yet :-D

If I understand you correctly you need to extract the files. RAR is like a zip file. A program like winrar will extract the individual mp3 tracks for you. Hope that helps.

Reread my post. I said he hadn't done it since the Brixton show, 1986. Meaning that I know he has done it recently. But the point the previous poster was trying to make was that he shouldn't play "Nowhere Fast" because he hadn't performed it since 1986. Well prior to this recent tour, he hadn't performed "Some Girls" (or "Cemetry Gates," come to think of it) either since '86. Hope you are less confused now :D

Thank you very much.

Just listening to it now before I set off for Leeds.
I'll be playing it in the car on the way there too...
Great quality recording!

Cheers,

I.R.

Any chance some kind, clever soul can knock up some artwork for this excellent recording?

:)

Back
Top Bottom