S+G , Salfords lads club at last !!

gasmeter

Happy birthday to Moz and me . It is an absolute honour to share my birthday with The Living Legend that is Morrissey.

And I got the best pressie ever , apart from a Hibs Scottish cup win :D - At long last a trip to the Smiths night at the the S+G and hopefully a visit to S.L.C if we have time . I cannae wait :D

'Two light ales please '

Peter .

Happy birthday to Moz and me . It is an absolute honour to share my birthday with The Living Legend that is Morrissey.

And I got the best pressie ever , apart from a Hibs Scottish cup win :D - At long last a trip to the Smiths night at the the S+G and hopefully a visit to S.L.C if we have time . I cannae wait :D

'Two light ales please '

Peter .

Hibbee birthday Peter,

when you going the Star? Have a grand un

love

Grim

Cheers Grim . We are going on the 1st June . Is it the last one for a while ?

Are you going too? I am fair looking forward to it . Can't say the same about the missus though :( . This is my last attempt at converting her in to the church of Moz :D Staying in Ancoats . Is it far fi the S+G ?

A'the best

Cheers , Peter.

Ancoats is no distance from the S&G. Me and our kid might be making a rare appearance at the S&G, I'm off to a wedding in Altringham on Saturday so I can tie the two in together.

Ancoats is no distance from the S&G. Me and our kid might be making a rare appearance at the S&G, I'm off to a wedding in Altringham on Saturday so I can tie the two in together.

Cheers Aly . What is the best time to arrive at the S+G to make sure of getting in ? I would hate to miss out on my 1st Smiths / Moz night .

Cheers Aly . What is the best time to arrive at the S+G to make sure of getting in ? I would hate to miss out on my 1st Smiths / Moz night .

Have a couple of beers then get to the S&G about 8:50-ish - there might be a small queue, but you should get in.

Peter

I am off there for the first time in July with Gentle kind. I can't wait. So excited:)and it doesn't take much.

Aly
It's Altrincham :rolleyes:

General
Yes Ancoats is walkable - where you staying there?
Arriving around 9pm is fine, no problems getting in then, its around 10pm ish when you have to wait.
The Smiths night is on every month throughout the year.
Whilst you will be able to meet a few faces from this site, sadly the Yorkshire pairing of Steph and Lilybett will be missing.......

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Aly
It's Altrincham :rolleyes:

General
Yes Ancoats is walkable - where you staying there?
Arriving around 9pm is fine, no problems getting in then, its around 10pm ish when you have to wait.
The Smiths night is on every month throughout the year.
Whilst you will be able to meet a few faces from this site, sadly the Yorkshire pairing of Steph and Lilybett will be missing.......

Jukebox Jury

We are staying at the Travel lodge, Ancoats . I think we might aim to get to the S+G about 8.00pm to be sure of getting in . Hopefully on to Salford lads club Saturday morning , if i'm not too hungover !

We are staying at the Travel lodge, Ancoats . I think we might aim to get to the S+G about 8.00pm to be sure of getting in . Hopefully on to Salford lads club Saturday morning , if i'm not too hungover !

I was hoping you were going to say the Travel Lodge as there is no where else to stay in Ancoats!
If you go down there at 8pm you will simply be standing there for an hour outside. If you go down at 8.50pm you will be stood outside for about 15 mins.
It's about 10pm when it is full apart from nights when Morrissey is playing in the city or the first one in a new student year in October.
There will be no problems next week.

Jukebox Jury

You don't need to get there that early!! Honestly, I normally get there between five to 9 and 5 past and always get in straight away, it's only after like 9.30 that there's a big queue but I've never had to queue for more than 10 mins to get in.

You don't need to get there that early!! Honestly, I normally get there between five to 9 and 5 past and always get in straight away, it's only after like 9.30 that there's a big queue but I've never had to queue for more than 10 mins to get in.

Great minds not only think alike but also post on exactly the same minute.:cool:
It must be love...:D

Jukebox Jury

:rolleyes:

Last time they didn't even open the doors til like 9.15 which was good because I missed the train and had a panic getting there, when I got there at about 5 past there was a queue of ten people or less and once they open the doors you go straight in. All these scare stories about having to queue for hours...if you turn up before 9.30 you'll be fine!

I've got there at 9:40 before and got in straight away, although I've also arrived at that time and waited 50 minutes to get in. As Steph and Jukebox Jury have said, before 9:30 is generally fine!!

Steph has sniffed three mens crotches by half nine, so that should be fine as i've heard three figures mentioned from some people before....or was it fingers?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom