'Safe, Warm Lancashire Home' and 'Treat Me Like A Human Being' vinyl rips

Listen to Safe, Warm Lancashire Home & Treat Me Like A Human Being

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Listen to Safe, Warm Lancashire Home & Treat Me Like A Human Being

Thank you for doing that.

I, for one, really appreciate it.

As for the songs...meh.

I'm not sure of the history of these tracks...can someone fill me in?

Good on you for taking the time to share these. Much appreciated.

Thank you MW:)

Re: treat me like a human being// safe, warm lancashire home B-sides

I uploaded them on YouTube about 2 days before the other person who uploaded them, no idea why they wasted their time.

Joe Frady - you have just become my favourite person. Thanks for the upload, I will be buying the CDs.

I uploaded them on YouTube about 2 days before the other person who uploaded them, no idea why they wasted their time.
because we like to get our channel many views

All apologies if this doesn't work, or sounds ropey ~ this is my very first time ripping vinyl, burning, uploading and all that gubbins. Bear in mind that these clearly have not been re-mastered by Bill Inglot as the A-side has (which sounds gargantuan by the way). They are listed on the sleeve as demos and that is exactly what they sound like, untouched since October 1987 :eek:
I've uploaded WAV and mp3 (only 128 kbps I'm afraid) on rapidshare and mediafire. They'll have to do til something better comes along, but to me they sound just like the vinyl - rough. But sweet :)

Thank you Joe!
Is it just me or does anybody else think that Treat Me Like A Human Being sounds like early Smiths stuff (particularly the vocals)?
The more I listen to this song, the more it reminds me of Morrissey in the early days of The Smiths.
There is a palpable sense of heartfelt despair in this song, much like those early 1980s days...

Last edited:
"Treat" is just that. Lovely stuff. I can imagine it as a fifth track on the Suedehead 12", or better stll a fourth track on Interesting Drug. I'll need to live with the other one a little longer.

It's wonderful to hear this immediate post-Smiths stuff. It reminds me of taking the train back to Uni with Suedehead taped off Peel on my Walkman a month before release, and jumpers for goalposts.

Piracy was very different in those days, hovering over the record/pause button with an eyepatch on.

because we like to get our channel many views

Yeah, it's good to have many channels.

However, better to thank and give the credit to the original uploader for giving the items.

You only reposted them without giving a credit which is rather cheeky.

I have been singing the melody of "Lancashire" in my head all day...I like it :). Am I the only one? Thanx to all who shared it in their different channels.

I have been singing the melody of "Lancashire" in my head all day...I like it :). Am I the only one? Thanx to all who shared it in their different channels.

Yes. You are very much the only one. It's shite.

"Treat me like a human being" is one of the weakest Morrissey's songs ever. But "Safe, warm..." is good. I'd rather it if this song was released as studio version and not as a demo.

Back
Top Bottom