Sam Esty Rayner / YouTube: Morrissey Interview 2022. (Premiered November 28, 2022)

Interview by Fiona Dodwell.

Description:

In his first filmed interview since 2015, Morrissey speaks on his best album to date. Recorded October 9, 2022 at The London Palladium during his triumphant U.K tour. Directed by Sam Esty Rayner Photography.

Screenshot_20221128-052602.png

Media coverage:

Related items:

Last edited:
LOL! "The right/conservatives just want legal immigration" is the biggest load of shit on this site!

The right/conservatives want to make immigration impossible through red tape and the system. But hey, go ahead and suck the toes of Stephen Miller you blind-ass nazi!
Actually, he sucks my toes after he pours champagne all over me while wearing his Nazi uniform. He's a Jewish Nazi.

Its till there. Just not in front of the media . I've had a drink with him before and I have met lots of his in crowd and its still there. Just not in front of the media
I was excited to watch the interview. He looks fantastic again. Better than he has looked for quite some time .He looks more like himself more now than at anytime in the last 10 to 15 years
I thought Sam did an ok job and I think Fiona did ok , as a Julia interviewer .
It was beyond fawning though he acts like he is the only " real" pop star the only one the people have chosen. Truth is Liam, the stone roses , suede , tom york , Robert smith are much more respected by the Brits these days
Its so fawning and creepy her questions were more statements about how great he is . Which is pointless. Myth making childish shit
It got better near the end but the whole "I'm never played on the radio" which is BS. I used to often hear his songs in the uk and I still do on American radio. I loved it when he got interviewed by fans with brains Sean Hughes or intelligent none fans. He lives in an echo chamber
What must Morrissey do to get a decent interviewer? It’s almost as if the Yes people he’s surrounded by are scared of losing their meal ticket. He needs taking out of the comfort zone he’s been in for far too long. It may spice things up some.

Will there be a second half because this leaves a lot to be desired. The interviewer didn't challenge him with any questions and it showed on Morrissey's face and in his answers.

Actually, he sucks my toes after he pours champagne all over me while wearing his Nazi uniform. He's a Jewish Nazi.

Stephen Miller is nothing more than a discount Goebbels. You, however, are nothing more than a nazi grunt.

"These are Morrissey's precious Mexicans,"

Way to lump an entire race into a singular definition, you racist bigot.

Stephen Miller is nothing more than a discount Goebbels. You, however, are nothing more than a nazi grunt.

"These are Morrissey's precious Mexicans,"

Way to lump an entire race into a singular definition, you racist bigot.
"Mexican" is not a race.
Yes, Stephen and I are both Nazis, he is a Jewish Nazi. I thought I was clear about that. And we like expensive champagne. Now onto ignore you go.

Excellent Mozuchisss!!!!!! I am vegetarian because Moz took me to the limit, what in me was latent came out and became practice of a new way of feeding me, he with his interviews and with the energy with which he defends animals made a click on me, and part of my soul woke up.thanks thanks Moz for that is very important what Moz did and continues to do, much more than he realizes. I loved the report! What Moz said about diversity is absolutely in agreement!!!. I think that the next report should be longer and that the questions should go further, about his life, something more intimate, and that Moz is encouraged to talk about everything, with respect but to open more !! It would be great 🥰 :clap: 🥰 :clap: :clap:

Moz you must write the 2 part of Autobio, surely there is a lot to tell

"Mexican" is not a race.
Yes, Stephen and I are both Nazis, he is a Jewish Nazi. I thought I was clear about that. And we like expensive champagne. Now onto ignore you go.

By definition, no, Mexican is not a race, but you calling his entire Latino fanbase "precious Mexicans" is flippant and lumps all of them together into a singular definition, thus it's a racist comment.

But you probably already knew that, and like to try and hide your racism in such wordplays.

Do you have a tool for uncompressed YT downloads? Mine ends at 720p.
Free programs like JDownloader will download all available resolutions. Just copy the link when the program is open. For the chrome browser, an extension like cococut will download whatever resolution is playing.

I was thinking tonight, if the constant patches on Morrissey's finger might be from biting his fingernails. Full of fear that Fiona could put him in an uncomfortable situation (there are too many people planing your downfall) with her own, unconsulted investigative questions.
Then I woke up and was glad it was just a bad dream (Gregor?). 504 people on Twitter liked the interview too.

I was thinking tonight, if the constant patches on Morrissey's finger might be from biting his fingernails. Full of fear that Fiona could put him in an uncomfortable situation (there are too many people planing your downfall) with her own, unconsulted investigative questions.
Then I woke up and was glad it was just a bad dream (Gregor?). 504 people on Twitter liked the interview too.
Really? Most unlikely.

I’m not sure if Morrissey was bored, or has just become more accepting and complacent with life. That really does happen as you age. You become a much softer person, and I mean that in a good way. I think he just is happy with where his life is at. I‘m speculating of course.

As for the interviewer. Notice how when she asks a question, she pretty much either answers it for him, or leads him to an answer. As an interviewer, ask the question, and then let the person give an answer. It was actually pretty annoying. Compare that to the Larry King interview.

Fiona is too much of a fan to interview him. Rather than asking questions and trying to get good answers, she at most times was acting like a fan, petrified to offend him.

Good to see him nonetheless…to think of the all the lives he’s changed through his music must be incredibly humbling.

Be healthy and safe all….

Great to see him, great to see him look good and healthy, great to hear him talk. He was even funny at times and sometimes he made sense. But often it was way too anodyne, way too self-aggrandizing and lacking depth. And the stuff he said about countries and diversity will bury him even deeper.

The state of his career is still completely unique, but still definitely not enviable.

'Healthy' . . . well.

Excuse me? Dalliance? Are you talking about that photo?
There was the picture of the alleged Nazi salute, yes, and during interviews at the time he made some comments about how democracy was weak and that society is better suited to a fascist regime. I’m paraphrasing and would need to dig out the actual quotes, but Britain in the ‘70s was still wincing from the war and it didn’t go down too well, although soon forgotten. It was probably cocaine-fuelled nonsense, of course, but some of that stuff was a bit too close to the bone at the time.

Fiona once again succeeds in the impossible: she makes Morrissey sound boring. Once Morrissey courted writers like Paul Morley, now we have to contend with the Dodster. This is utterly sad that he has now allied with this sycophantic and talentless hack.

Excuse me? Dalliance? Are you talking about that photo?
Edit: down a rabbit hole I went and resurrected some of the views apparently expressed by Dame D in ‘76:

Playboy: You've often said that you believe very strongly in fascism. Yet you also claim you'll one day run for Prime Minister of England. More media manipulation?

Bowie: Christ, everything is a media manipulation. I'd love to enter politics. I will one day. I'd adore to be Prime Minister. And, yes, I believe very strongly in fascism. The only way we can speed up the sort of liberalism that's hanging foul in the air at the moment is to speed up the progress of a right-wing, totally dictatorial tyranny and get it over as fast as possible. People have always responded with greater efficiency under a regimental leadership. A liberal wastes time saying, "Well, now, what ideas have you got?" Show them what to do, for God's sake. If you don't, nothing will get done. I can't stand people just hanging about. Television is the most successful fascist, needless to say. Rock stars are fascists, too. Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars

"Diversity is the new conformity." I hope that's "Diversity is the new conformity." I hope that's not the title of his next album? Is Moz advocating for Monoculturalism? Because Monoculturalism looks like the same old Nazis BS to me. Does he really think he can ride that pony to further success? He's just another stupid old man who wants to go back to the fantasy of his idealized past. What does this dumb, delusional racist see when he looks out at his audience?
I took away from what he is saying is that what’s being presented as ‘diversity’ by television is monoculturalism. He’s saying that peoples differences aren’t being celebrated if we are all the same. I can totally see his point, in a sense.

Yeah, they were payin' homage to this James Baldwin
interview.

Thanks for sharing that. Hadn't seen that before. Mavis Nicholson was a good interviewer. As someone else posted earlier - the quality of TV interviews these days is appalling. Tell us a hilarious pre-prepared anecdote to sell your new movie / book / series...

Tags
bonfire of teenagers fiona dodwell
Back
Top Bottom