Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
He also clearly thought from what he said in the email that the song he and Miley recorded together was something special, artistically. And he thought it was wrong simply to erase that.

It’s hardly anything new or surprising for the fans.
The Miley-vocals were the sole reason this album couldn’t be released, not anything else like the title track as some suggested.

The only thing I still find strange is why they decided to rush release Rebels Without Applause (without Morrissey consenting) after the fallout over the Miley-vocals.
Morrissey never said it was because of the title. That was just gossip.

Okay, so this annoying teeny bopper wants to go uncredited? Let her. And give back the f***ing advance. Or better yet, give back the advance and delete that god awful song from the album. It’s completely tuneless and with bullshit lyrics. It would one less clunker on the album.

To think that today marks 10 years since the release of Autobiography. Looking back, I think my fandom peaked that day. And slowly but surely started to wane afterwards. I still love him and everything his music has meant for me and done for me, but it’s been hard to be a fan these past nine or ten years, and today it’s almost impossible. The music’s been mostly crap during this time and his career and his behavior has been a tire fire. Is there a way out for our Moz?

I side with Morrissey on this one.

He should record a cover of Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry.”

Bloody hell, are you into everything Welsh now
They have the best singers!! (And faces!!)

But I used to like Charlotte back in her 'voice of an angel' days (when I was just a young whippersnapper myself). I don't care for her contemporary music but I really think she has the voice and chutzpah to do Veronica justice. It's just so obvious to me.

It's really embarrassing for M. It is obvious that he is the problem. Maybe he should realise that seminal he is, Frank Sinatra he is not.

Can we expect a "Yeah but you did this" statement on Central?

It's Morrissey's obsession with fame that this steams from - he wants to MC link and then to all of a sudden have a resurrection with massive promo and have his songs all over the radio and sit on graham norton laughing away next to Tom Cruise.

No label will touch him if he's playing about with the advance, he's a liability and a label can't risk a lawsuit!

It's a pity that such a shitty song blocked the release of the entire new album.
However, judging by the studio version of RWA how shitty the production of the entire album can be, it would be great if Mozi re-recorded BoT with the current line-up and Camilla on backing vocals in Veronica.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom