Shame is the Name - German 320kps version

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
I registered too late for the free download of the 320kps version of the free b-side. Does anyone have this bitrate version to share? I already have the song, but at a much lower bitrate. Please, it was a freebie give away, so if someone could either PM me or provide a link I would truly be appreciative.:)

again i never knew this exsisted!!! :( would love to hear it...any bitrate 320 desired but any will do. many thanks in advance! was it a itunes only?...hate itunes

No, it wasn't on iTunes (I hate iTunes too). The link to the free download can be found on an extra sheet in the German version of YOR. You have to register to the German Morrissey newsletter, then you receive a code for the download. But since the download was limited to the first 1.000 visitors, it has now expired.

Watch your PMs!

I have a code from that offer but I didn't follow through and download it. Anybody want it? w4qsqmyn

If you use it and download the song, it would be nice if you could send it my way also.

What's the big deal, Is it different to the released version, is it sung in German?

What's the big deal, Is it different to the released version, is it sung in German?

No, the quality of the download was the attraction. If you order off of iTunes, the audio quality is 128kps. So, audiophile freaks like me like the idea of getting a better quality version.

Did everybody get it? It was PM'd to me, and I PM'd it to others. Just let me know and I'm happy to help.

No, the quality of the download was the attraction. If you order off of iTunes, the audio quality is 128kps. So, audiophile freaks like me like the idea of getting a better quality version.

I'm not 100% certain of the curent status of this but the iTunes versions are not mp3 files (which I believed this to German one to be). Not knowing your familiarity with the differences but the files Apple provides are higher fidelity (if that's the right term) than an mp3 at the same bitrate.

So an Apple iTunes track of 128 is going to sound much better than an mp3 of the same 128 rating. I don't have an approximate mp3 rate that equates to the Apple files but I'm guessing someone here may. The German d/l at 320 may exceed the Apple files. I dunno.

Also, I think Apple is now offering higher bitrate tracks than the original 128.

Anyway, just wanted to add in case someone wasn't aware. Keep in mind I'm not 100% certain of the details. :)

Back
Top Bottom