Votes: 9 18.8%
  • no

Votes: 39 81.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vivabob

Ordinary Boy
There always seems to be an on going debate about the smiths reforming

Personally i dont think with the current state of affairs between them it is lightly to ever happen

but lets talk matter of opinion if they could should they ?

I feel that they shouldn't looking at all the bands that ever have its all about the money the quality of most reformations is normally awful and they only really appeal to the nostalga crowd

i never saw the smiths in their hayday but have followed morrissey since his he went solo , i would hate to see the smiths now as i feel it would spoil the memory , i think the only way i would like to see them is to go back in time and as i type that isnt going to happen

sorry for the poll but i just want to know ..

'Twould be lovely if Morrissey and Marr reformulated their partnership. I don't care about the other two (I don't mean that in a harsh way). So M&M can call themselves The Smiths or The Burkes or whatever they like.

Yes. You know that for all their bitching and posturing, they'd love it. You can tell from the Beatles Anthology videos that the three remaining guys wished they'd reunited before John died; I suspect it's the same with Morrissey & Marr, perhaps less so with Rourke & Joyce.

Not a permanent basis....New songs would never be able to hold up to the masterpieces of old...

But a benefit show for charity...sure, why not...

No from me, The Smiths back in the 1980's was a magnificent thing as they were young and in their twenties and the songs reflected this.

Morrissey is so much more suited with his current band and is a great example of a mature rock/alternative artist.

If they were to reunite, then I think the only magical effect would be if they performed the original Smiths songs for a one off gig or two.

I cannot concieve of anything worse.They`d have to put Joyce in some kind of sealed glass box thing like David Blaine just incase Morrissey tried to strangle him with his mike lead.

The past is done.Best left there.

For the interest of people who missed earlier threads about the same subject:

What would pay to see a Smiths reunion concert?
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=72591

Which Morrissey related reunion would you prefer?
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=72354

Do you want Smiths to reunite?
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=76521

;)

No offence Kewpie but do you ever post anything other than;

"This has already been discussed and you can find it here"?

Same answer I gave to "Should Moz dye his hair?" which was, and I quote,

"OMG NO."

It would be awful. The most we prolly could hope for would be a Morrissey/Marr reunion, anyhow (does anyone really mind if the sidemen turn up or not?). I think Marr is happy with what he's doing, and Morrissey's finally found players who are as good as Marr was, on Marr's songs, so why bother?

Maybe one or two gigs (LA, NYC, Manchester???) would be fun, sort of spontaneous and interesting as music history, but I have visions of a reunited half-Smiths headlining festivals and the very idea makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

--jeniphir

the smiths should reform, they've always sounded good together. people who say 'no' because "it wouldn't be as good or the same" should think that all bands change style over time and i can't see why new smiths material would be bad! they'd be just as good as morrissey's current music for sure.

I voted no because I was very fortunate to have seen The Smiths 5 times and do not wish to tarnish that fantastic memory.
However, if they did unite (and I mean all four members) then I'd be first in the queue for tickets.

Jukebox Jury

I voted no because I was very fortunate to have seen The Smiths 5 times and do not wish to tarnish that fantastic memory.
However, if they did unite (and I mean all four members) then I'd be first in the queue for tickets.

Jukebox Jury

Me too, I was very lucky to also see them 5 times. Would we really want to see a 'reunion tour' like the police have done? Personally, I'd love to see Moz team up with Johnny and make an album together with no other musicians involved. Anyway, the chances of it happening are really minute. Let's all move on.

The what?

I vote yes.... "Deal" not "No Deal"

Back
Top Bottom