Song In GAP Commercial

G

greasecoke

Who sings the song in the GAP commercial that has the beautiful people falling down like snowflakes? WHAT IS THAT SONG???

> Who sings the song in the GAP commercial that has the beautiful
> people falling down like snowflakes? WHAT IS THAT SONG???

It's called "All Mixed Up" and is performed by one of the most wonderful bands in the world, Red House Painters.

But it's actually originally a Cars song! It's available on their "Candy-O" LP (RHPs' version is available on "Songs For a Blue Guitar").

> It's called "All Mixed Up" and is performed by one of
> the most wonderful bands in the world, Red House Painters.

> But it's actually originally a Cars song! It's available on
> their "Candy-O" LP (RHPs' version is available on
> "Songs For a Blue Guitar").

Have you purchased Mark's Solo Album or the John Denver Tribute? Plus, Red House Painters are finally going to release Old Ramon on Too Pure next year!

hnia

Re: almost famous?

> is mark in that movie or what?

yea, he plays the bass player.

hnia

> Have you purchased Mark's Solo Album or the John Denver Tribute?

I haven't, but I've heard them both - AC/DC covers!! His rendition of "Rock and Roll Singer" is divine.

> Plus, Red House Painters are finally going to release Old Ramon
> on Too Pure next year!

I guess I should be excited about this, but I'm not exactly sure what "Old Ramon" is - I'm a recent fan and don't know much more about them than the 4 discs that I have and a bit of their bio.

> I haven't, but I've heard them both - AC/DC covers!! His
> rendition of "Rock and Roll Singer" is divine.

> I guess I should be excited about this, but I'm not exactly sure
> what "Old Ramon" is - I'm a recent fan and don't know
> much more about them than the 4 discs that I have and a bit of
> their bio.

Oh, their Old Ramon album has been finished for about two years! Then the label that released "Songs for a Blue Guitar." Supreme? went defunct and no one would release Old Ramon (said to be some of their best work to date, double cd!) So Too Pure, which is owned by Beggars group (which owns 4ad now, too) Since 4ad was where the RHP started out it is quite an event

Ah, nice to see them making new fans. I have to say that Mark is a great singer/song-writer, and the forerunner to a bunch of other wannabes.

Best,
hnia

Back
Top Bottom