Southpaw release

Fear and intention......

southpaw1-1.jpg

southpaw2-1.jpg

i absolutely love the first cover. Quick, send it over to the record label as there's still time to get the awful official one changed....

Other than the fact that the official cover has a never before seen photo (which is always a good thing), your cover (the top one) is first class.

Swallow on his hand, not his neck!

Southpaw on Wiki....

Here is what they have as the tracklisting...

Track listing
All lyrics by Morrissey, music by Whyte unless otherwise stated.
"The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils" (Lyrics by Morrissey, music by Boorer) – 11:15
"Reader Meet Author" (Lyrics by Morrissey, music by Boorer) – 3:39
"The Boy Racer" – 4:55
"The Operation" – 6:52
"Dagenham Dave" – 3:13
"Do Your Best and Don't Worry" – 4:05
"Best Friend on the Payroll" – 3:48
"Southpaw" – 10:03
Bonus Tracks for 2009 Re-issue.
"Honey You Know Where to Find Me"
"You Should Have Been Nice to Me"
"Fantastic Bird"

The Fifth Symphony is sampled on "The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils".

Re: Southpaw on Wiki....

well...i tried posting in the general discussion forum

somebody said "Nobody Loves Us" is on it too, to make it a nice round 12 tracks...

we shall see.

Last edited:

Hursh Truth meant Nobody Loves Us, but I don't think it's in reissue of Southpaw Grammar.

yes, I am not at my best pre-coffee...... :)

To be finished would be a relief........

southpawcopy.jpg

Good lord, I hope that's somebody's photo-shopped work. Resequencing the album would be a crime. Southpaw should be the closing track. The Bonus tracks should be on a seperate disc along with a documentary on how to get dropped by your label after 1 album after having recording several successful albums for your previous one.

Re: any other releases

Hopefully Hollywood Bowl DVD will be out in March 2009.

Morrissey's studio album release is one in every two-three year.

A follow up of Years of Refusal, his 10th studio album is expected to be out in 2011 or 2012 if Morrissey continues this pettern.

Good lord, I hope that's somebody's photo-shopped work. Resequencing the album would be a crime. Southpaw should be the closing track. The Bonus tracks should be on a seperate disc along with a documentary on how to get dropped by your label after 1 album after having recording several successful albums for your previous one.

What's wrong with Alf's artwork?
New artwork and tracklisting have been already revealed on true-to-you.

If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

Last edited:

Hopefully Hollywood Bowl DVD will be out in March 2009.

Morrissey's studio album release is one in every two-three year.

A follow up of Years of Refusal, his 10th studio album is expected to be out in 2011 or 2012 if Morrissey continues this pettern.

And one might infer that because Morrissey said he'd be interested in working with Visconti on another album that YOR will not be his last and that Visconti may very well be producing the YOR follow-up.

What I had wanted to pose as a question or theory or whathaveyou is, what would you think of track(s) off of the remaster of Southpar Grandma being released as singles to promote the remaster release? Obviously, not Dagenham or Boy Racer, but (would my dreams consummate) Teachers, perhaps? Or for you whiney few, one of the unreleased tracks. I'd be all for it.

ANOTHER question to be posed, do you think Mozza will be performing SG material at his January 2009 concerts to promote the remaster? Your thoughts...

And one might infer that because Morrissey said he'd be interested in working with Visconti on another album that YOR will not be his last and that Visconti may very well be producing the YOR follow-up.

What I had wanted to pose as a question or theory or whathaveyou is, what would you think of track(s) off of the remaster of Southpar Grandma being released as singles to promote the remaster release? Obviously, not Dagenham or Boy Racer, but (would my dreams consummate) Teachers, perhaps? Or for you whiney few, one of the unreleased tracks. I'd be all for it.

ANOTHER question to be posed, do you think Mozza will be performing SG material at his January 2009 concerts to promote the remaster? Your thoughts...

Morrissey hasn't been to Australia and NZ since 2002, little room for SG January 2009 tour.
Setlists will be mostly from ROTT and YOR plus popular reps such as How Soon Is Now?, Everyday Is Like Sunday etc.

Morrissey hasn't been to Australia and NZ since 2002, little room for SG January 2009 tour.
Setlists will be mostly from ROTT and YOR plus popular reps such as How Soon Is Now?, Everyday Is Like Sunday etc.

Can't we dream, though?

Kewpie says:
santafake-web.jpg

Back
Top Bottom