"Spent The Day In Bed" first single - will be premiered on BBC 6 Music Shaun Keaveny, Sep. 19

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT:

Posted by JoeSellMozza:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b094n74t

19/09/2017
Tuesday sees Prof Brian Cox joining Shaun after 9am for his weekly Science chat. Plus, Matt Everitt has the latest Music News which includes a chat with Radiohead's Philip Selway & there is a new Morrissey track to play after 8am. Spent The Day In Bed is the first single to be taken from his first studio album in three years and sees Morrissey in fine form with typically assertive lyrics sung over joyful melodies, pleading 'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'.

The album Low in High School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone's Forum Studios and was produced by Joe Chiccarelli.

BBC 6 Music breakfast DJ Shaun Keaveny said on his show this morning that he will be playing "new Morrissey music" on his programme tomorrow after 8am GMT.

Posted by javert:

Update - It shall be on at 8:40 am

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of Morrissey's/The Smiths best songs wouldn't hold up to final refrain "snippet" scrutiny either before we'd heard them:

Oh, it was a good lay, good lay
It was a good lay, good lay

Life is very long, when you're lonely

Hang the DJ, hang the DJ, hang the DJ

etc.

Looking forward to hearing the new song!

Some of Morrissey's/The Smiths best songs wouldn't hold up to final refrain "snippet" scrutiny either before we'd heard them:

etc.

I was thinking the same. I'm pretty excited. The stop... watching the new show bit made me think of New York New York line and I wondered if he'll sing it similarly. I don't know if not watching the news at all is a good thing but it is in a lot of ways designed and delivered in a way to frighten and shock you. It made me think of Sharon marsh from southparkk when she was addicted to CNN

A wonderful gay track!! Dont go out of bed because everything is scary. The bus, the boss, the rain and the train. Great advice... and the TV show is scary. Be a wuss about everything and stay in bed, maybe get up once in a while to whine!!!! Comfy bed, though, located in luxury hotel. With vodka and cheese available via room service. Going downstairs to the lobby restaurant: much to scary like the bus and the rain.
Promises to be a No 1 track.

Now I am a wuss? :)

etc.

Yeah hopefully it's just one of them like that... Or just a more pop-like radio friendly one. I am excited for it, but if anything more nervous!

Funny that this particular song title will be what springs me out of bed tomorrow morning. Not at 3:40 am (USA East Coast time) [I'm not a complete mental patient], but at my normal 5:45 am. But with excitement instead of the usual workday grind. With a bit of luck, I'll be able to slide the track onto the ol' iPod for some repeated and loud listening whilst I continue to do my best to fend off the mid-40s bulge at the gym.

A wonderful gay track!! Dont go out of bed because everything is scary. The bus, the boss, the rain and the train. Great advice... and the TV show is scary. Be a wuss about everything and stay in bed, maybe get up once in a while to whine!!!! Comfy bed, though, located in luxury hotel. With vodka and cheese available via room service. Going downstairs to the lobby restaurant: much to scary like the bus and the rain.
Promises to be a No 1 track.
how much negativity can one produce in just a few lines? you should be not judging before you hear it.

Reckon I have heard down at the Marquis that this chart topper release has been tailored to foreigners. (buses, rain). There isn't any rain in Malibu and the only buses that show up are the buses to take the Mexican maids back to East LA. TMMG..LTD-Los Angeles is counting on big sales in foreign countries like Brittin and Slopvodkia and then the false hints at touring these places with the usual false hope. Just don't spend your life savings and come to LA in November for the gigs in Steve's hometown. I don't want to see your fat, sun burned, drunk bodies while listening to you foreigners talking about where to go after the gig for hamburgers Tommy's or In N Out.

I'd like to see someone do a mashup of this and Depeche Mode's "Where's the Revolution?"

The train is coming
The train is coming
The engine's humming
So get on board
Get on board
No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train
So get on board
Get on board

etc.

I have to say, for the time and who he was- (A frilly foofy fella with great hair, in a shiny golden shirt) When I saw him play Suedehead on SNL, I was mystified in a good way with the outro. Who else could sing that and not come across as an idiot, but an enigma? I think he's struggled to maintain that level of enigmatic mystery in recent years, and instead tries to shock with bluntness instead.

I'd like to see someone do a mashup of this and Depeche Mode's "Where's the Revolution?"

The train is coming
The train is coming
The engine's humming
So get on board
Get on board
No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train
So get on board
Get on board

Only UK kids born in the 60s will remember this...

Only UK kids born in the 60s will remember this...

Would you believe it P. - this show aired in the USA before England!?
Thanks for a small trip down memory lane.
Regards,
FWD.

Would you believe it P. - this show aired in the USA before England!?
Thanks for a small trip down memory lane.
Regards,
FWD.

And Melvyn Hayes in one of his customary sideline roles that no one could quite figure out. Oh, and the black kid is Brinsley Forde, who went on to more fame as the singer with Aswad.

Oh, sit by the fire with your book
and pretend that you're active
But the very last stage of a nuclear age
is not attractive.

Oh, it's all a matter of opinion.

Almost certainly some of the lyrics on the album will be ages old, having waited for the right music (or being used out of laziness, depending which side of the fence you stand). I believe One of Our Own, for example, was written years before WPINOYB.

20:40 for me it's 1:40 am. But I never go to bed before 2:00 am so the time it's perfect for Moz's new music, I'm so excited :D

Back
Top Bottom