Springwatch Chris Packham The Smiths references

Tonight's Springwatch count...an hilarious NINE!

I counted:
Ask
Asleep
Well I Wonder
Nowhere Fast
Cemetery Gates
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
Sheila Take A Bow
Unloveable
I Know Its Over

Gutted it's over tomorrow, but I wonder what he will do for the big show finale! Gutted that I will miss it, as I have to be in bloody Chelmsford for my cousin's wedding, so no chance of sitting watching that for an hour ;)
Good old V+ box for when we come home on Sat, can't miss it now can I ? ;)

Up to now, the one's I've heard are:
Vicar In A Tutu
Frankly Mr Shankly
Stop Me...
This Charming Man
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Still Ill
Oscillate Wildly
Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Last edited:
Is Chris Packham the lovechild of Jools Holland? The way he speaks and his mannerism would suggest so. Not a bad thing.

I always had a hankering that Alexis Taylor, lead singer, Hot Chip was Jools' love child.

Anyhow, Springwatch is soo much better, as in I can now watch without Bill Oddie in it. I remember Chris from my kids early bbc watching days. He had bright blond hair I'm sure and was kind of cool but in an edgy way. :cool:

Is he actually a Smiths fan or is this just a random bet kind of thing? I hope he is a fan. It would seem appropriate for me.
Kate seems to be less embarrassed by him anyway.

Tonight's Springwatch count...an hilarious NINE!

I counted:
Ask
Asleep
Well I Wonder
Nowhere Fast
Cemetery Gates
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
Sheila Take A Bow
Unloveable
I Know Its Over

Does "Fantastic Bird" count? I know it's not Smiths but he said it loud and clear so seemed intentional.

He's a genius.He's also damn fit for someone pushing fifty.:horny:

Never heard of him before this thread but he is adorable!

I think you are all missing the point, Chris is involved in a battle with Humble's obscure Dead Kennedy references:lbf:

Looking forward to tonight's show. As it's the last one he's bound to go for an all time record

How Soon Is Owl?

Looking forward to tonight's show. As it's the last one he's bound to go for an all time record

If he's back for Autumn Watch it'll be a different group.

4 minutes into the show and he's already got 2 in!

Yep first one was 'William It Was Really Nothing' (talking to Bill Oddie) then he said 'I Started Something I couldn't Finish'

After tonight's program, would someone be kind enough to provide a full list of all mentions, and, if possible, the context in which they were mentioned?

Ta,

Peter

Back
Top Bottom