St. Louis B-day Show, May 22

Society

Saint Louis' Finest
Let me use this time to introduce myself, I'm Colin. AKA Colin Society or just Society, if you'd like. I'm a St. Louis native. Any others? If so, how excited are you that the man is going to be celebrating/mourning his date of birth in our f***ing hometown? Its hard for me to imagine. This will be my first Morrissey show and I'm seeing it with my favorite person in the whole world. Its pretty damn near perfection.

Hi!
I'm going there too! If you see a girl with a huge black hat and an attitude that oozes feelings of superiority- it's me!
How safe is St Louis? I have never been there. Have you ever been at the Pageant? How is the venue? Big/small? Is there a big Morrissey fan base in your city????
anyway, hope to see you there!

Let me use this time to introduce myself, I'm Colin. AKA Colin Society or just Society, if you'd like. I'm a St. Louis native. Any others? If so, how excited are you that the man is going to be celebrating/mourning his date of birth in our f***ing hometown? Its hard for me to imagine. This will be my first Morrissey show and I'm seeing it with my favorite person in the whole world. Its pretty damn near perfection.

I am also a St Louis native, and it is the first time I am seeing him in St Louis. It is going to be strange to only have to travel about 4 miles to see him!!

Hi!
I'm going there too! If you see a girl with a huge black hat and an attitude that oozes feelings of superiority- it's me!
How safe is St Louis? I have never been there. Have you ever been at the Pageant? How is the venue? Big/small? Is there a big Morrissey fan base in your city????
anyway, hope to see you there!

The Pageant is a great venue. Plenty of floor space and plenty of seats. I believe that it holds about 2000 or so. I would not say that St Louis is a safe city, but I do not think that I would say it is unsafe either. I hope you enjoy!

The Pageant is a great venue. Plenty of floor space and plenty of seats. I believe that it holds about 2000 or so. I would not say that St Louis is a safe city, but I do not think that I would say it is unsafe either. I hope you enjoy!

I got general admission tickets...so I am planning to be there pretty early. What do you think, will there be a lot of people? Since the tickets are still on sale...I don't know what to think.
I am thinking I'll get there around 2pm...maybe a bit earlier. My friend and I will dieeeeee waiting at our hotel room, so we might as well wait. How early are you showing up?

Is it safe enough for a girl to walk to her car by herself after the show? From what I've heard I figured the area right around the Pageant was good. It looks like a cool part of town anyway with lots of shops and restaurants.

Morrissey Birthday Show(s)

What should I expect? What usually happens? Do massive amounts of people bring/throw gifts on stage? Are there "happy birthday" banners everywhere? Or is it just like any other show (I know they're all special but...)? What happened in the past? I am exciiited!

Is it safe enough for a girl to walk to her car by herself after the show? From what I've heard I figured the area right around the Pageant was good. It looks like a cool part of town anyway with lots of shops and restaurants.

Yeah, its called The Loop, and its right near Washington University. Its not even technically in St. Louis City proper, and its a pretty upscale shopping area. Although there are quite a few really awesome vintage/thrift stores and a really great book store and a totally superb record store.

We will be queueing up pretty early as well, because we'll be way too anxious to sit around and wait. We'd like to get up front, and also just hang out with other fans, cause we don't know too many really big fans like ourselves and I'm sure we'll run into quite a few. Looking forward to meeting anyone.

Last edited:

it's also kristeen young's hometown as well... i'd expect alot of banter from morrissey about his birthday and kristeen young.

Re: Morrissey Birthday Show(s)

Have you seen the DVD "Who Put the M in Manchester"? That was on his birthday (he was 29 :) )

Yeah, its called The Loop, and its right near Washington University. Its not even technically in St. Louis City proper, and its a pretty upscale shopping area. Although there are quite a few really awesome vintage/thrift stores and a really great book store and a totally superb record store.

We will be queueing up pretty early as well, because we'll be way to anxious to sit around and wait. We'd like to get up front, and also just hang out with other fans, cause we don't know too many really big fans like ourselves and I'm sure we'll run into quite a few. Looking forward to meeting anyone.

Thanks for the info! I'll be getting there the day before, so I plan to do most of my exploring on Monday. I'll definitely check out the book store & record store! For anybody else who's coming from out of town, I found this link on my hotel's website with lots of info about the area where the Pageant is:

http://www.ucityloop.com/

I want to queue up fairly early too on Tuesday. I also look forward to meeting everybody. :)

I got general admission tickets...so I am planning to be there pretty early. What do you think, will there be a lot of people? Since the tickets are still on sale...I don't know what to think.
I am thinking I'll get there around 2pm...maybe a bit earlier. My friend and I will dieeeeee waiting at our hotel room, so we might as well wait. How early are you showing up?

I am not sure what to expect. I do not expect a huge line though. I will probably get there relatively early to check it out and then go from there.

The area is a great area. My favorite place to hang out in St Louis, but there has been crime in the area. If you are getting there early I would suggest parking on the lot directly behind the venue or on the main street which is called Delmar.

Back
Top Bottom