Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Dallas Chicken owned by Mozz

news just in...
Dallas Chicken & Ribs gone bust, and Mozz posters all over it.

Mozz rules !!:lbf:

P1010983.JPGP1010984.JPG

I don't know how old this is — this very well may have already been posted on this thread, as I've never really followed this one. But, a friend of mine just shared this online — topics each state in the US googles more than any other state. Take a look at Cali.

google-search-map2.jpg
awesome :) and poor Montana :o
anyways, I don't how unexpected this is because in the 1st? episode of OITNB
jackie-gallery-02-new.jpg

:horny: but dim "Hispanic" inmate Flaca referred to The Smiths and How Soon is Now, but now she has done it again
o_zps0ca4efa4.png

this time when asked about "love" referring to There is a light... @ the 36 min 45 sec mark in episode 6 of season 2 :guitar:
anyways, back to my binge watching :thumb:

Orange is the new black Smiths reference

In the new season of Orange Is The New Black on Netflix there is an episode about valentines day. They are interviewing the inmates of the womens prison asking them what love is. A latino women says that "love is a like listening to The Smiths in a warn bath, specifically There Is A Light That Never Goes Out". In the first season the same women is listening to a raido and says, "how come they never play The Smiths?" and another latino women says, "because that is some pussy shit". Seems like the show writers like The Smiths...

Here is the clip from the first season..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qMYH1WM2gI

Re: Orange is the new black.. Smiths reference..

Yep, there's also another episode in season 1 where the same scenario happens. I believe her name is Flaca? Who is a Smiths fan. She talks about how great they are and her friend shoots her down calling her a pussy for listening to them.

Found the video on youtube!

Last edited by a moderator:
in the latest "Parts Unknown" Anthony Bourdain mentions Morrissey when eating a shrimp head, he really does mention Moz a lot :confused:
I often wonder if he realizes that the reference is likely completely lost on most of his audience, ReBi and I excepted, of course :lbf:

went to the janes addiction show tonight at the brooklyn bowl here in vegas. they played well over ten smiths songs back to back right before the opening. I was pleasantly surprised and happy

I saw Jane's addiction in 08 or 09. Perry Farrell, who is the same age as Moz, had an injured ACL and performed like a champ. Moz would have shut down the tour and been in bed for 3 months.

Re: The Smiths on SPLAT

Yeah, I saw that years ago. Baby zombie is sweet. :sweet:

David McAlmont reveals 'Yes' was originally sent to Morrissey (interview at The Mouth Magazine)

In this podcast at the Mouth, David McAlmont (ie. half of McAlmont & Butler, and now half of Fingersnap) reveals that Bernard Butler originally sent the song 'Yes' to Morrissey, Kirsty MacColl and Julian Regan - and they all sent it back.

McAlmont was the fourth person to receive it.

He also briefly mentions 'catching up' years later on Morrissey and The Smiths "changing everything".

Good listen.

http://t.co/US18AsOZz6

Re: David McAlmont reveals 'Yes' was originally sent to Morrissey (interview at The Mouth Magazine)

A friend of mine went to a Wu Tang exhibition in London a few months back and came across this:squiffy:

IMG_4647.JPG

Re: David McAlmont reveals 'Yes' was originally sent to Morrissey (interview at The Mouth Magazine)

Just had the following interaction with a cashier at Tesco whilst buying a four pack of beer at 11.30 PM; a young woman of Indian origin with an adorable acne'd face.

Her: Is this your late night drink after work?
Me: Yes, it's a bit depressing.
Her: So, are you depressed?
Me: Have you not been reading? Everyone is depressed nowadays.
Her: There's more to life than books you know.

I feel in love instantly.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom