Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Whilst Sophie Dahl was putting some chocolate things in the fridge they played 'please, please, please...'

Right before she cooked some fish. FFS!

Dave

The review of the show in the Metro ended with the observation "and much more alarmingly, why was demonstrating her dessert making skills to a soundtrack of the Smiths' maudlin masterpiece Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want? Sacrilege!"

Tsk tsk, CrystalGeezer. You totally missed the message.

Monopoly board = Atlantic City.

Atlantic City is in New Jersey.

The New Jersey township of Manchester was subdivided in 1847, out of which came Wayne, a township in Passaic County.

Morrissey has said he likes Wayne/Jane County, a single person with a fluid identity.

County Clare is part of Ireland.

Ireland is in Morrissey's blood, and yet, like Jayne and Wayne, it is only half of his makeup.

Ergo, "Claire Morrissey" is a wry wink at Morrissey's playful staging of multiple identities and gender-mobile sexual personae using the framework of a game, all with a nod to his Irish heritage.

Don't tell me you're slipping! :D :rolleyes:

OMG I'm slipping. :eek:

I was wearing a Smiths t-shirt at the gym last night and got a compliment from a musclehead who said "great shirt, haven't seen one of those in a long time". Funny I would have pegged him for a Nickleback/Creed fan.

I was wearing a Smiths t-shirt at the gym last night and got a compliment from a musclehead who said "great shirt, haven't seen one of those in a long time". Funny I would have pegged him for a Nickleback/Creed fan.

Egads! You wore a Smiths shirt to the gym?

I hope you didn't sweat. :eek:

About 20 minutes ago on Weakest Link- they seem to really like him on there. The question was:

"Which former member of The Smiths has the forenames Steven Patrick but is always known by his last name?"

Thankfully the house was empty so I could shout "Morrissey!" as loud as I wanted before even the contestant did. :lbf: Ahh, simple pleasures.

When flipping through a Dr. Who magazine at the bookstore today, I ran across a section entitled "Years of Refusal." Moz and the Doctor - great combination.

On a related note, yes, I was flipping through a Dr. Who magazine.

I see nothing to be ashamed of.

I was recently in Home Depot and I heard "I'm Throwing my Arms Around Paris". Which I found strange because usually none of the songs on the soundtrack talk about issues such as those discussed in the song. Interesting buying drainage pipe while listening to Moz.

At a gig in Lisbon a few years back, during "Still Ill", he sang, "Eat eclairs today, 'cause life is simply baking and not giving".

No, he didn't. But you can imagine it. If you're me.

Has he ever incorporated madeleines into stage banter? I love madeleines.

I was recently in Home Depot and I heard "I'm Throwing my Arms Around Paris". Which I found strange because usually none of the songs on the soundtrack talk about issues such as those discussed in the song. Interesting buying drainage pipe while listening to Moz.

In Home Depot... next he'll be in Starbucks. :confused:

I meant to post this on Wednesday evening......
I was at the City v Everton game and as soon as the half time whistle blew, the PA boomed out ''How Soon Is Now?'' to 47,000 fans:guitar::guitar:
The announcer would cut in every now and then and give other scores or details out, but they kept the whole song on right until the end!
This was a welcome change from the previous few games when at half time they boomed out ''More than a feeling'' by Boston:eek::eek:

Jukebox Jury

How Soon Is Now was just played in one of my favourite films, The Wedding Singer.

lainey......it is indeed a brilliant film as well as a great song - great drumming as well as the guitar:thumb:
However, please note there is a '?' at the end of the songs title, just for next time you use it;)

Jukebox Jury

When flipping through a Dr. Who magazine at the bookstore today, I ran across a section entitled "Years of Refusal." Moz and the Doctor - great combination.

On a related note, yes, I was flipping through a Dr. Who magazine.

I saw this too. I love Doctor Who!

lainey......it is indeed a brilliant film as well as a great song - great drumming as well as the guitar:thumb:
However, please note there is a '?' at the end of the songs title, just for next time you use it;)

Jukebox Jury

Are you slowly morphing into someone you despise? (I had to edit the question mark in as I forgot it...... again.)
I'm sorry about my mistake, It is indeed a question that Morrissey is asking and I do believe the title comes from something Johnny used to say.
Those two worked so well together.

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get..... is getting some good air time this week:). Just played it on the TV programme 'Pineapple Dance Studio' while the bloody awful, embarrassing, delusional would be super star Andrew Stone was waiting to hear if he had found a producer for his group.:lbf::lbf:

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom