Strange/unexpected Moz references?

To me that infers that she was fine with his weirdness before, because it suited her.
(he's always been 'weird' to the outside world, non-fans)

Something has probably irked her personally now, to the extent she felt she needed to pass comment on national television. Hmm.
She's weird herself. Her 'jokes' aren't funny in this show, she strikes me as pretentious. She's gone to great pains at least twice to point out that Roald Dahl was an anti semite, when his name or work was referenced in a question. There was just no need to add the comments on. Strange cookie.

I can't imagine David having much of a say in that household.

Reaction Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Fascinating history of the punk scene in Rotterdam late 70s - 80s, leading up to a question the writer, also a member of one of the live bands involved, puts to the audience about whether music tainted by ill-repute of its makers should still be released and sold.

As you can guess, Morrissey's name crops up, although carefully handled imo. Some people might know the bands. Some people might have eve seen the bands, or even been in one - https://www.vryeweekblad.com/en/opinions-and-debate/2024-03-15-the-music-or-the-men/

The bit about stigma in this separate essay sheds a little light on the dilemma.

As per the condolence thread:

Vince Power – the man who brought Prince, Morrissey and Bob Dylan to Paddock Wood’s Hop Farm Festival dies at 76
Singer Mary Coughlan was also in Morrissey's Hopfarm line-up. Vince Power was very good to her, and she remembers him fondly with a passing mention of that day - https://www.hotpress.com/music/mary-coughlan-remembers-her-friend-vince-power-23013278

nalineedphoto-16032024-0001.jpg

"Posh skiffle".
FWD.

There's no Morrissey references in this - but there's a lot about things he's referenced - so it's interesting for fans. A look at the Teddy Boys.

9781846689789.jpg

There's no Morrissey references in this - but there's a lot about things he's referenced - so it's interesting for fans. A look at the Teddy Boys.

Image snip ✂️---

The era is a known influence, the book is obviously very new though.
Not dissimilar to the Roger Mayne social photography he liked.
Example of era: tour shirt.

DSC2427.jpg

4700673105_f54620c4ea_b~2.jpg

Boys wearing Edwardian style clothes at the "Teen Canteen" at Elephant & Castle, South London, July 1955."
FWD.

Just to show what a mountain of negative press Morrissey has to battle against, this single YouTube video has amassed 16,000 views in 5 days. :squiffy:
I haven't finished watching this yet, but they are using video of a 2023 interview as background for what he said about Robert Smith. Didn't he say that stuff in the 80s and eventually say he was sorry? I have recently wondered whether he fancied Janice Long back in the day because he seemed to use a particular tone of voice when speaking to her. Obviously I have my own opinions on some of the hurtful comments Morrissey makes and possible reasons, none of which have any evidence at all, so I'll keep that to myself. There is plenty of footage out there showing the modest caring side of him as well, but not shared as much. Oh well, I don't suppose he is losing sleep over it all.

The best songs under 2 minutes

The Smiths – Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (1.50)

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom