Swindon and Bournemouth not being rescheduled

Just read this via gigsandtours twitter..

"@gigsandtours

Bournemouth & Swindon #Morrissey shows will not be rescheduled. Full refunds will be given from the Venue Box Office or Selling Agent :-("

Absolutely gutted, the South West and Wales is jinxed I'm sure of it.

I've got everything crossed for Lille...

In fairness he hasn't cancelled any gigs in Wales. Cos he didn't schedule any! Something to do with our treatment of sheep! Lille was excellent when he last played there. Shame for those in the region tho'

Just got this from See Tickets....:mad:

We're writing to let you know that due to unforseen circumstancecsMORRISSEY at Oasis Leisure Centre, Swindonon 24/10/2009 has been cancelled, and won't be rescheduled. Please return your 2 ticket(s) for a face value refund,along with acopy of this E-mail to See Tickets,Customer Services, 4th Floor, Norfolk House, Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham NG1 2AB. We strongly recommend that all tickets are returned by a secure postalservice to ensure delivery. Refunds will not be issued if we do not receivethe ticket(s).

Well there was Swansea 10 long years ago in 1999 where a fight broke out in the crowd and then Cardiff in 2006 which was surprisingly uneventful.

I love the fact he plays in little classically British seaside and provincial towns but we have them over here too!

There's plenty of crappy, sweaty leisure centres as well. The Afan Lido in Port Talbot would be perfect. (Having said that I took some stick there for many things, Moz loving being just one)

Oh well, at least you get an adventure when you go and see him. Sat and had a lovely cream tea in the sunshine in Bournemouth a couple of days ago in his absence (much better than sulking in Neath I can tell you..)

Lille here I come :)

Last edited:
probably best to cancel swindon, atleast the ticket agencies can just automatically refund the people that bought them with all the hassle people had with not getting tickets back.

Ahh so it's confirmed :(

Real shame. Bournemouth is very 'Morrissey'. Would have been great I think.

gigsandtours tweeted me back as well after my question about the tickets:

"@DrBams The venue will refund anyone who cannot send their Morrissey tix back if they have a record of your booking!"

I wish that SEE wouldn't keep mentioning sending the tickets back all the time. They must be well aware of the problem by now and must be aware that there are fraudsters with more than their fair share of tickets ready to reap the reward from other's misfortune.

Sort it out seetickets!

Ahh so it's confirmed :(

Real shame. Bournemouth is very 'Morrissey'. Would have been great I think.

gigsandtours tweeted me back as well after my question about the tickets:

"@DrBams The venue will refund anyone who cannot send their Morrissey tix back if they have a record of your booking!"

I wish that SEE wouldn't keep mentioning sending the tickets back all the time. They must be well aware of the problem by now and must be aware that there are fraudsters with more than their fair share of tickets ready to reap the reward from other's misfortune.

Sort it out seetickets!

I've never sent tickets back for cancelled gigs to seetickets. They automatically gave me a refund, when did they change?

I've just had yet another email from See Tickets saying not to send anything back to them and that have automatically credited my account with the refund?! What's going on with these people?!! Thats 3 emails i've had from them now, all with conflicting info?!

I've just had yet another email from See Tickets saying not to send anything back to them and that have automatically credited my account with the refund?! What's going on with these people?!! Thats 3 emails i've had from them now, all with conflicting info?!

Like I said before seetickets have always just automatically refunded cancelled gigs, only time i thought they needed the ticket back was if it was rescheduled and you couldn't make it so wanted a refund.

Half of us didnt get our tickets back and are they know about it.

This is what i've just read on the Swindon.gov website
"29.10.2009

The holders of tickets for the abandoned Morrissey concert at the Swindon Oasis on Saturday 24 October will receive a refund, after the promoter confirmed that there will not be a rescheduled concert at the venue.

The Oasis will contact all ticket holders by telephone on the numbers provided at the time of booking. When telephoned, ticket holders need to provide details of the card used for the booking, for security purposes.

Ticket holders who paid with cash, rather than by card, will need to go to the Oasis to receive their refund, which will be paid in cash. They will need suitable ID.

The refund will include the £2.50 per ticket booking fee. Those who bought tickets from ticket agencies should contact them for a refund."

Shame but there you go.....

Back
Top Bottom