Sydney - Vivid LIVE, Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (May 30, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Certain People I Know / My Dearest Love / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat Is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Photo: @Intl_Playboy / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

sydney3.jpg

Last edited:
You still spreading stories about how he's dying? f*** off.

He didn't say anything about Moz dying. He is just stating the obvious: there is a chance Moz might never play again in Oz. (1) Moz can't do concerts forever and (2) Oz is a good distance from US and Europe.

I'd love to see a dvd release of the Sydney concerts, they could title it 'MOz'

He didn't say anything about Moz dying. He is just stating the obvious: there is a chance Moz might never play again in Oz. (1) Moz can't do concerts forever and (2) Oz is a good distance from US and Europe.

A few months ago on Twitter he stated the doctor told moz he doesn't have much time left.

Yeah, I'm sure a dying man would be given insurance to tour the world.

Lol..

You still spreading stories about how he's dying? f*** off.
Or perhaps they are saying he's no spring chicken anymore, so perhaps enjoy him while you still can. I don't picture him Mick Jaggering about at 72. Some day he may choose to relax instead of globetrotting.

He will never retire: his models are Sinatra and Charles Aznavour. Being on stage is his adrenalin. Charles Aznavour is 90 years old and he's still playing several concerts a year. Carry on as long as there is an audience for you, that is the fate of a music hall's star

He definitely will not be going back to Austrialia again, unless Nancy wants to take a vacation there. If he didn't need the money so much, he wouldn't be there now. It really shocked me when he actually showed for the book signing and the concerts.

Just wondering, does anyone know where I can get a GAP sweatshirt and New York Yankees baseball cap in Newcastle United? I don't have enough squid to make a trip to the monarchy and gallivant around the USA like Morrissey did during his "poor and depraved" upbringing as a youth.-Anonymous

Last edited:
I'm sure he gona looks hipster soon...

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbUP-Jo92qE

Great voice and band but Moz let a lot of fans down tonite with a very hit and miss (mostly miss) song list. Save yourself the money and go buy Rank. No one expects a greatest hits night but more than two thirds of the set list were yawn filler tracks.
Yes, go buy a live album from '88.
Genius.
How about people that expect certain kinds of setlists are utter morons given his behaviour regarding setlists for almost 30 years. Who is the real moron in that equation? He has never, ever given a definitive crowd pleasing setlist and the people bemoaning it are just unaware people with continuing entitlement issues....
Yawn,
FWD

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel no need to complain, just fortunate that I got to see Morrissey again. His voice sounded fantastic, great to hear staircase live and there was a nice moment when the crowd sung happy birthday while they fixed the technical problem. I really liked crashing bores too.
Kudos to the dude with the long hair for putting the hug on Moz and then getting off without security nabbing him. Good effort to the other guy too who tried so very hard but was intercepted on his way to Morrissey.
Fantastic show and night!

How can Now my heart is full be song of the night when he opened with The Queen Is Dead. Would have loved to see that Tues or Wed.

I should have added "MY" personal favourite of the night. This song has great meaning to me and it was special for me to hear it live. The Queen Is Dead too was fantastic but so to was Staircase. Personal choice. I was just glad to be there are that farscicle "ballot" they did.

People were saying the same thing back in 2002 when he played the Enmore Theater. Moz played here in 2012 and people then said well we won't se him here again for another decade but here he is again in 2015 playing a 4 night residency at the Opera House! And a book signing on his birthday no less.

A blu ray release of these 4 nights would be killer! They could title it Moz In Oz which is what I titled my petition campaign many years ago :)

- - - Updated - - -

A few months ago on Twitter he stated the doctor told moz he doesn't have much time left.

Yeah, I'm sure a dying man would be given insurance to tour the world.

Morrissey doesn't have a twitter account you idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

This set list is amazing! I didn't go last night but I am going tonight and the thought of at least hearing My Dearest Love once again is all I need :)

I mean for god's sake how can you complain about 21 songs?

Last edited:
This isn't a Billy Joel concert. You're embarrassing yourselves with these stupid "he didn't play enough hits" comments. How about some real fans give a detailed summary of the night...like I do after Morrissey shows.

Oh great wordsmith...we bow down before you! We do not measure up! Please spare us from your wrath.
You are a dick.
How's that?
Pithy....did I mention that you are a dick?

The set list looks brilliant. Imagine if he did Greatest Hits sets to pander to half-hearted fans? He could easily do this but he chooses to perform songs from his great last album and a smattering of stuff from all over. Even "People Are The Same..." sounds good live. I cannot wait for tonight. Hope we get "The Queen is Dead".

It was a good night. I only listen to Morrissey when my wife puts it on in the car. She's been in Sydney for days and I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I came into town last night. Sure enough though, she dragged me right to the front and I thought the guy put on a great show. Had to listen to some bellend talk about how expensive his ticket was but he soon shut up when the band started.

People were saying the same thing back in 2002 when he played the Enmore Theater. Moz played here in 2012 and people then said well we won't se him here again for another decade but here he is again in 2015 playing a 4 night residency at the Opera House! And a book signing on his birthday no less.

A blu ray release of these 4 nights would be killer! They could title it Moz In Oz which is what I titled my petition campaign many years ago :)

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey doesn't have a twitter account you idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

This set list is amazing! I didn't go last night but I am going tonight and the thought of at least hearing My Dearest Love once again is all I need :)

I mean for god's sake how can you complain about 21 songs?

I'm all for Oz. I lived there for 3 years back at the turn of the century, and it is indeed the most beautiful country I've ever been to. Moz should retire there and soak up the rays. The bastidge didn't play Oz when I was there, so I'm just plain old jealous. The Cure played and it was amazing. Now there's a band that knows how to do a long set list. Not a patch on The Prayer Tour (Dublin 1989) but still a great Sydney couple of gigs.
Listened to 'a World Peace' album again today after a break of a month. Great album even on the 1000th listen.

Great voice and band but Moz let a lot of fans down tonite with a very hit and miss (mostly miss) song list. Save yourself the money and go buy Rank. No one expects a greatest hits night but more than two thirds of the set list were yawn filler tracks.

your comments explain why the audiences for these shows have been so restrained most remaining seated. a very tepid response due to the mediocre new material methinks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom