tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Oblivion2013Poster.jpg

either in spite of or because of, I cannot decide which :confused:
it being derivative of many Sci-Fi films to come before it :straightface:
nevertheless, I liked it, so I give it a B

I just watched the 3rd part of the Paradise Lost: The Child Killings at Robin Hood Hills documentaries. The films document the shocking miscarriage of justice of 3 young men accused and convicted of the murders of 3 young boys. The 3 accused were convicted mainly because they listened to Metallica and other metal bands, and because they wore black and looked a bit different. An international appeal was conducted on the strength of these films. Clocking in at over 6 hours, the 3 films are lengthy but rivetting from start to finish. I've watched a lot of docs down the years, these films are right up there with the very best of them. Be warned - graphic footage from the actual crime scene may shock some viewers. Absolutely unmissable.

220px-Paradise_Lost_Dvd.jpg

I watched this about a week ago. A great, great film.

Watched these recently:

Der siebente Kontinent

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098327/

I love Haneke's work. But his late 80s/90s work is often hard to watch. Very good movie though, but it made me feel uncomfortable.

Melancholia

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527186/?ref_=sr_1

One of von Trier's best movies I think.

The Bourne Legacy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1194173/?ref_=sr_1

Not really convinced, but good to have a break after Haneke and von Trier.

Mean Streets

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070379/?ref_=sr_1

One of Scorsese's most underrated movies. Really think his best movies take place in NY.

The Ghost Writer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139328/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I liked it a lot. Then again Polanski and McGregor usually work for me.

A Place Beyond the Pines

pines5.jpg

Pretty good film. Has its strengths and weaknesses. Gosling smolders! 3 out of 4 stars.

&

Side Effects

Somewhat entertaining. Predictable. Jude Law makes it bearable. 2.5 out of 4 stars.

I just watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Loved it. :o

I just watched Looper.

:eek:

My new favorite movie. OMG.

I just watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Loved it. :o
There's a joke there somewhere but I'm leaving it alone:lbf::thumb:

Anyway watched the star trek movie the other day.
It's only a fiver on Tuesdays at our local cinema.
I quite enjoyed it far fetched and lots of action.
Special effects are something else nowadays.
A bit of light relief from the drudgery of life.

Life_of_Pi_2012_Poster.jpg

had to see it, so people could talk about it in the office, nice of someone to put in a flashdrive and give it to me :)
anyways, it was pretty damn good, so:
A-

I've just watched The great gatsby-not bad at all. I used to think leonardo would disappear off the face of earth after titanic, but imo he is still going strong, thanks to his good choice of roles and decent acting skills. tomorrow off to see the master. It's cinema week:) and I know Joaquin won't disappoint me. He's levels higher from leonardo in my actors' ranking analysis so I guess the best is yet to come as far as this week is concerned.

Saw it too Robbie. Beats Iron Man 2. Still doesn't beat the original though. I wonder if it's run its course?

Noooo Crystal....Noooooo! I forbid you to watch it! :(
I think so Davie :o
as for "Iron Man 2", its a little better than this new one(to me) just because it resides further back in my memory :straightface:
thats just how my mind works :cool: however, I still love the first one for reals! :thumb:
oh, and I just watched
Looper_poster.jpg

yesterday, best film I have seen in a while
A+

Last edited:
UPDATE (if anyone bothers): After seeing Joaquin Phoenix's acting performance in "The master" I think this man is a genious.Cannot find the right words to describe it. This movie is a must watch for the gourmands of the big screen.

Last edited:
I watched The Host....Is the author stuck in Twilight mode. I'm not sure how but the film felt really like Twilight for some strange reason. Maybe it was the director? I don't know.

I also watched 101 Dalmations. It's hard to believe Hugh Laurie, Glenn Close and Mark Williams (from Harry Potter) were all in this. It had such a great cast! Most of them British too!

Phantomsposter.jpg

no surprise, it was terrible :straightface: however, I give it a
D-
mainly for reminding me how truly stunning Rose McGowan use to be :horny:
also watched
TheMaster2012Poster.jpg

a little slow in places, but still good, so:
A-

220px-Soldier_(1998)_poster.jpg

To begin with, I thought it could have been amazing. But unfortunately it ended with the plot being too brief and sometimes making absolutely no sense. I think the people working on this film were more bothered about the big explosions and Kurt Russell, who doesn't seem to say a damn word apart from "yes, sir" or "no, sir"...the only thing he does is kill people and look at people in disgust throughout. Someone said to me that it's linked the Blade Runner. Where?? How?? Blade Runner is miles above this film!

Old but gold. One of my favorite movies. :sweet:

punchdrunk_Lg1.jpg

^^ I'll check that out.

I haven't seen this because it's not out yet, but I'm gonna. :cool: First chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom