tell us about the last Film you saw

the-house-i-live-in.jpg

Film about the war on drugs, just watch it. 10/10.

Excellent documentary. Thanks for recommending it. 4 out of 4 stars.

bridegroom_616.jpg

Very good documentary, 7/10.
I own a copy of this given to me but haven't watched it yet because everyone who talks about it starts crying.

I saw this last night. So good and metaphorically dense. Some movies are spotty metaphor here and there, this one was almost every scene, exhausting to watch in that way. As far as the film itself sans metaphor, classic Wes Anderson, you'll be transported.

hr_The_Grand_Budapest_Hotel_3.jpg

There was a rather impressive model of the hotel in the lobby of the Arclight.

1975128_10202866767417847_1609768294_n.jpg

tron.bmp

At last! Tron to some people is a masterpiece due to it being the first film to put CGI into maximum use and although it's interesting to see where it all start that's as far as the interest goes for this film. I got bored through the first 30 minutes as its largely overdrawn due to the acting which never seems to capture any true emotion or interest. Throughout the film the acting doesn't seem to get any better especially within the computerised world where the actors themselves seem forced at times, however it's probably understandable because of the environment the actors were in, but nevertheless it makes it a very cheesy and awkward experience to watch. The scenes themselves could have been more short and snappy (within the first 30 minutes) and the music isn't anything special or atmospheric to keep an audience captivated (John Williams, it isn't).
Overall the plot is just a bit too OTT, to have a classic film you need an equally good story and this is partly why "Tron" falls into the "cult" category. In the same year, a film called "Blade Runner" arrived on the scene and it just shows how "Tron" instantly fell from it's glory to a largely forgotten film. I doubt many kids would have known it's existence without it's sequel "Tron Legacy". But I doubt I will watch this film again as I'd be far happier with "Star Wars" (1977) and Alien (1979) as it just shows CGI can't add anything special to a dull storyline .

TRON_Legacy-314557683-large.jpg

Quite possibly pne of the BEST films I have watched in years. I'm so bloody glad I gave Tron a chance! Absolutely stunning.

tron.bmp

At last! Tron to some people is a masterpiece due to it being the first film to put CGI into maximum use and although it's interesting to see where it all start that's as far as the interest goes for this film. I got bored through the first 30 minutes as its largely overdrawn due to the acting which never seems to capture any true emotion or interest. Throughout the film the acting doesn't seem to get any better especially within the computerised world where the actors themselves seem forced at times, however it's probably understandable because of the environment the actors were in, but nevertheless it makes it a very cheesy and awkward experience to watch. The scenes themselves could have been more short and snappy (within the first 30 minutes) and the music isn't anything special or atmospheric to keep an audience captivated (John Williams, it isn't).
Overall the plot is just a bit too OTT, to have a classic film you need an equally good story and this is partly why "Tron" falls into the "cult" category. In the same year, a film called "Blade Runner" arrived on the scene and it just shows how "Tron" instantly fell from it's glory to a largely forgotten film. I doubt many kids would have known it's existence without it's sequel "Tron Legacy". But I doubt I will watch this film again as I'd be far happier with "Star Wars" (1977) and Alien (1979) as it just shows CGI can't add anything special to a dull storyline .
I was 10 when it came out, so it was perfect to me at the time, "Blade Runner" kind of, went a bit over my head when it came out, but yeah, in time it became my favorite film

TRON_Legacy-314557683-large.jpg

Quite possibly pne of the BEST films I have watched in years. I'm so bloody glad I gave Tron a chance! Absolutely stunning.
I enjoyed this film too, the most stunning part of it to me was:
Tron_Legacy_Olivia_Wilde_Couch.jpg

:horny::blushing:
as for me, last night I watched:
Filthposter.jpg

read the book when it came out, but its been long enough that I don't remember most of it :confused:
its a bit depressing more than funny, however, James McAvoy performance saves it somewhat so:
B-

If only that look had taken :p

Anyway, last night I watched 2 naff films

6473_9626_enbuyuk.gif

I loved the first half of the film. The effects for 1956 were great. But the film doesn't really go anywhere. I didn't hate it, but to cut a long review short I just thought the plot towards the end was OTT and too overdrawn to be a true classic. I know it's a product of it's time too, but damn...why couldn't have had at least one or two female crew members?

MV5BMTcxNjgyMjg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE3NTYyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

Bloody terrible and embarrassing. It goes on and on and on and on...Evil scientist wants to go in a black hole. The End.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...I am watching and 20 minutes in I believe this is the best Jim Carrey character and film there's ever been.

edit: no it isn't. there's many Jim Carrey films that beat this... :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...I am watching and 20 minutes in I believe this is the best Jim Carrey character and film there's ever been.

edit: no it isn't. there's many Jim Carrey films that beat this... :-/
I love that movie :) as for me, last night I watched the last
_70925587_poirot.gif

it made me a bit sad, but now I will go back and DL all the other ones I have not seen for the last few years...

A11144100-23.jpg

Worst film I've seen in a while. I hated it from start to finish.
yeah, that was back when I, kind of, hated Matthew McConaughey, my how things change :o
anyways, today, I watched a bunch more "Masterpiece Mystery"
Endeavour_morse.jpg

its called "Endeavour" and its Inspector Morse when he was young, I like it
especially since it takes place in late 60s England, which I am actually not too familiar with
which is cool
also, the show I really liked today was
1002004012332501.jpg

when I have time I will watch the newer ones, I really like his character and all the shots of Scotland :guitar:

Out of the Furnace.

A musical in the style of the great pre-war Hollywood Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies.

Nah... Not really. A grim as grim can be revenge story. Christian Bale stars as Matthew McConaughey as Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson growls. S'alright. Lots of furious emoting and willy wagging. Figuratively speaking.

Anyway, last night I watched 2 naff films

6473_9626_enbuyuk.gif

I loved the first half of the film. The effects for 1956 were great. But the film doesn't really go anywhere. I didn't hate it, but to cut a long review short I just thought the plot towards the end was OTT and too overdrawn to be a true classic. I know it's a product of it's time too, but damn...why couldn't have had at least one or two female crew members?.

Naff??? Naff??? It's a classic! Let me count to ten...

Hehe. :)

Yeah, it's a bit creaky by modern standards, but its charm carries it through I reckon. Based on The Tempest, you know. Morbius is Prospero, Altaira is Miranda, Robby the Robot is Ariel. Not a lot of people know that. Fewer still care. The soundtrack is great too. I was thinking of buying a theremin. They are quite cheap.

I must now admit to loving those old 50s sci-fi movies. If I was trapped on the Brazilian/Bolivian border as long as I had those, the Universal monster movies, and the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films, I'd be a happy man. And Angel Delight.

Now, if you don't mind, I haven't seen The Monolith Monsters for a few weeks...

PS: Yeah, the other one's terrible. :D

Robby the Robot is Ariel. Not a lot of people know that. Fewer still care
I know everything about
Robby%20the%20Robot%2024%205-28-12.jpg

my namesake :thumb:
as for me, today I drank and watched for only the third time:
Les-miserables-movie-poster1.jpg

drinking seemed to increase my incidence of crying and singing considerably :eek:
still, love it, could go on and on about it, but whats the point?

OK, I will talk about one thing and that's how it is this "story" is one of the greatest written about faith, redemption & peace on Earth :)
within it, whether it be the original book, the musical or the film is someone that should resonate for anyone not with too much of a psychopathic tendency
and the final song, really says it all, though I don't play it very much, I listened today, why don't you?
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtbcZmCc7rg[/video]
Do you hear the people sing
Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people
Who are climbing to the light.

For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end
And the sun will rise.

They will live again in freedom
In the garden of the Lord.
They will walk behind the plough-share,
They will put away the sword.
The chain will be broken
And all men will have their reward.

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes!

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes...
Tomorrow comes!

:guitar:

king_of_kong_logo.jpg

This was about the people who want to hold the World record score for Donkey Kong. Not as bad as it sounds, 7/10

11Anchorman.jpg

This had a few funny moments but was very disjointed and a lot of the jokes missed the mark. They obviously wanted to make a point about the state of News reporting but it felt like the film had been thrown together in a rush. 5/10.

Food-Inc-movie-GL2030.jpg

Excellent documentary about the impact of the US food industry on, well, everything. 9/10.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom