tell us about the last Film you saw

last night, my sister in law rented:
Grownupsmovie.jpg

it was terrible :straightface: but filled with a number of beautiful women from many different ethnic backgrounds, so it was not all bad :rolleyes:

my sister in law is on a renting streak :eek: last night's choice was:
Easy_a_australian.jpg

It was not as terrible as I thought it would be. :straightface: Emma Stone is really purdy, of course :love:
but Amanda Bynes was in it and she is really annoying. :sick:
However, a strong(& older) supporting cast made it barely acceptable viewing.
I give it a C- :thumb:

my sister in law is on a renting streak :eek: last night's choice was:
Easy_a_australian.jpg

It was not as terrible as I thought it would be. :straightface: Emma Stone is really purdy, of course :love:
but Amanda Bynes was in it and she is really annoying. :sick:
However, a strong(& older) supporting cast made it barely acceptable viewing.
I give it a C- :thumb:

I saw this. I thought the parents dialogue and relationship with their kids was highly unlikely and seriously over-acted, but I laughed at every joke, the entertainment trumped the unlikeliness of it all. My friend pointed out that while this movie and Juno both emplyed the same campiness and too quick of a quick wit, this movie didn;t take itself seriously while Juno did, makeing this movie more superior. THat statement is ridiculous because Juno is cinema gold to my eyes and ears, but I see what she means. The people are too clever but in this one, it works.

I saw this. I thought the parents dialogue and relationship with their kids was highly unlikely and seriously over-acted, but I laughed at every joke, the entertainment trumped the unlikeliness of it all. My friend pointed out that while this movie and Juno both emplyed the same campiness and too quick of a quick wit, this movie didn;t take itself seriously while Juno did, makeing this movie more superior. THat statement is ridiculous because Juno is cinema gold to my eyes and ears, but I see what she means. The people are too clever but in this one, it works.

omg, I totally thought of this being like a suckie version of "Juno" too :eek:
maybe if she had a fake baby it could have been better :p

ps: I think tonight we will watch Hostel 1&2, they are on IFC :guitar:

After seeing The Swan in the piccies I decided to rent "The Fountain" another Aronofsky movie with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz. A little bit confusing but a beatiful film none the less.

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

more bad fare brought to you by the SyFy channel :cool:
The_Mutant_Chronicles.jpg

I give it 1 out of 5 stars, and that one is for having Devon Aoki in it :blushing:

Someone here recently recommended this and I don't recall who, but BRAVO, oh my, a BRILLIANT film.

Hiroshima Mon Amour

Hiroshima%20Mon%20Amour.jpg

So beautiful, one of those thinker movies that really deals with the Magdalenesque plight of the suffering female half who yearns to forget but who is goaded by her male half to remember which stokes their eternal fire. It's similar to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I absolutely loved it.

Bright Star

I cried my eyes out!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bright Star

I cried my eyes out!!

Ohhh, I saw that in the theater on a lonely night in Newport Beach with maybe five other people. It was beautiful.

I just watched GATTACA. Amazing, amazing movie. So symbolic it is ridiculous, especially the brothers proving to each other their strength by playing "chicken." lol. And great phoenix rising from ashes, two=one, borrowed ladder has no "spine" stuff. Ach! loved it. And Ethan Hawke with all those familiar stares. I suppose I'll be a bookseller in heaven. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm watching a MST3000 episode and keep thinking this kid reminds me of Mike Joyce.
Picture4.png

Last edited:

Just saw Black Swan...

It was always going to get a thumbs up from me, as if the acting/story was mediocre, the Tchaikovsky score that was very slightly (but very lovingly) adapted by PWEI's Clint Mansell would more than compensate for discrepancies.

I have to say, the music was divine, but the story, the dancing and the acting were also tremendous. It's a very dark movie. My interpretation of what's going on is that the Portman character personifies Odette perfectly as a graceful and naive oppressed innocent:blushing:. In landing the role of Odette, she also has to master the role of Odile who is a far more sinister and seductive character. I think the film is about her psychological descent into 'becoming' the character of the Black Swan:rock:, (with all the negative characteristics it entails; jealousy, guile, sensuality, domination).

Vincent Cassel:love: is, as always, splendid in his role, and Mila Kunis (from Family Guy) is superbly cast as the free and easy and slightly off the rails competition for the role of the swan.:guitar:

Loved this film and cried all the way through it (the music just makes me pour my heart out):thumb:

Just saw Black Swan...

It was always going to get a thumbs up from me, as if the acting/story was mediocre, the Tchaikovsky score that was very slightly (but very lovingly) adapted by PWEI's Clint Mansell would more than compensate for discrepancies.

I have to say, the music was divine, but the story, the dancing and the acting were also tremendous. It's a very dark movie. My interpretation of what's going on is that the Portman character personifies Odette perfectly as a graceful and naive oppressed innocent:blushing:. In landing the role of Odette, she also has to master the role of Odile who is a far more sinister and seductive character. I think the film is about her psychological descent into 'becoming' the character of the Black Swan:rock:, (with all the negative characteristics it entails; jealousy, guile, sensuality, domination).

Vincent Cassel:love: is, as always, splendid in his role, and Mila Kunis (from Family Guy) is superbly cast as the free and easy and slightly off the rails competition for the role of the swan.:guitar:

Loved this film and cried all the way through it (the music just makes me pour my heart out):thumb:

Yay! I was hoping you'd get to see this soon and curious if you liked it. :o I loved it.

I just watched GATTACA. Amazing, amazing movie. So symbolic it is ridiculous, especially the brothers proving to each other their strength by playing "chicken." lol. And great phoenix rising from ashes, two=one, borrowed ladder has no "spine" stuff. Ach! loved it. And Ethan Hawke with all those familiar stares. I suppose I'll be a bookseller in heaven. :D

You're so smart, Crystal. I enjoyed Gattaca too, but mainly by feasting on the eye candy that was a young Jude Law.

Last film I saw was "The Passenger" with Jack Nicholson and Maria Schneider (R.I.P.). It was so good I watched it twice in a row, that almost never happens.

Yay! I was hoping you'd get to see this soon and curious if you liked it. :o I loved it.

glad you liked it too CG. I thought of my lovely stencil picture when i was in there!:love:
I was crying as soon as i heard the music and howling by the end (understandably me thinks).... mighty embarrassing though.
My other ballet buff friend didn't like it:squiffy:

You're so smart, Crystal. I enjoyed Gattaca too, but mainly by feasting on the eye candy that was a young Jude Law.

Last film I saw was "The Passenger" with Jack Nicholson and Maria Schneider (R.I.P.). It was so good I watched it twice in a row, that almost never happens.

One of the best lines in the film is Jude's. "We must get drunk immediately." Lol. I haven't seen The Passenger and my netflix queue is empty. :D

glad you liked it too CG. I thought of my lovely stencil picture when i was in there!:love:
I was crying as soon as i heard the music and howling by the end (understandably me thinks).... mighty embarrassing though.
My other ballet buff friend didn't like it:squiffy:

I saw it with non-ballet fans who had no idea what the plot of Swan Lake was who were turning to me asking what was going on...but they understood all the ravey/sexy/supernatural stuff. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnPqAHd1_4

BULLHEAD.

A Belgian movie about the hormone mafia...

Great movie (and yeas I'm a vegetarian... but still...)

It isn't really about the maine theme// it's more abou theme that lays underneath it.
The main actor has a secret .. and that's what it is about...

I haven't seen The Passenger and my netflix queue is empty.

Empty - bon dieu! How is it possible. I have 369 films in my queue. May I recommend if you haven't seen these already: The Double Life of Veronique; Nights of Cabiria; Monsieur Hire; The Omega Man; 8 1/2

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom