06 - Y.F.O.C. Slippy Floor
07 - Chino
08 - Funnel Of Love
09 - Weather Report 2

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
HOTFILE: PART 1 | PART 2
SHARINGMATRIX: PART 1 | PART 2
FILES EXPRESS: DOWNLOAD

Thank you but i'm going to wait for it's official release!

Weather Report 2 is supposed to be epic!

Can't wait for the release.

Thank you but i'm going to wait for it's official release!

Weather Report 2 is supposed to be epic!

Can't wait for the release.

I waited for the official release too. I finally listened today as I've been ill all week from a stag do. I think its one of their better records since the infamous New York incident. And the production is very crisp. Seems he may have found their perfect home in Domino records.

And Weather Report 2 is one of the most extraordinary Fall tunes I've heard. Like ever. I love it when MES "croons" away anyway and he's laying himself bare on this track.

I watched Murder she wrote
atleast 5 times
and THE CAST...deserved to die

MOrrissey could do well to learn this is how you should finish an album

I waited for the official release too. I finally listened today as I've been ill all week from a stag do. I think its one of their better records since the infamous New York incident. And the production is very crisp. Seems he may have found their perfect home in Domino records.

And Weather Report 2 is one of the most extraordinary Fall tunes I've heard. Like ever. I love it when MES "croons" away anyway and he's laying himself bare on this track.

I watched Murder she wrote
atleast 5 times
and THE CAST...deserved to die

MOrrissey could do well to learn this is how you should finish an album

Exactly, that song is so unusual, you usually think Mark E just bangs out ranting a monologue, snarling and shouting, that's really not the case with this song it's like a gentle Bill Is Dead style song where he sounds really vulnrable, I really like this side to The Fall because it shows that they're not just one-trick ponies, in terms of variety and experimentation I prefer The Fall to Morrissey.

I really wish Moz would do something really experimental and unique. It's a shame because he has the creativity and talent to pull it off.

The only thing I'd maybe like from this new album is a few more songs, It's still great though!

Bury pts 1 & 3 is great too.

They only played 40 mins in Edinburgh before Mark E stormed off in a huff.
:lbf:

Nooo!

He's not done heroin! Well maybe once and a bit of 'fett' and lsd in the past and a bit of whiskey+larger abuse in the mid to late 90's but I don't think he was ever on heroin.

He was when he lived in Edinburgh

Definitely one of my favourite Fall albums this and my second favourite album of the year so far, after Newsom

'I really wish Moz would do something really experimental and unique. It's a shame because he has the creativity and talent to pull it off'

Have you heard You Know I Couldn't Last & At Last I Am Born ?

If you have a comparison I'd love to listen to it/them.

Last edited by a moderator:
'I really wish Moz would do something really experimental and unique. It's a shame because he has the creativity and talent to pull it off'

Have you heard You Know I Couldn't Last & At Last I Am Born ?

If you have a comparison I'd love to listen to it/them.

Seriously? I love Moz but those two tracks are neither experimental or unique. If he did a full album with tracks like Sweetie-Pie, Maybe......

Seriously? I love Moz but those two tracks are neither experimental or unique. If he did a full album with tracks like Sweetie-Pie, Maybe......

That's what i'm saying them two songs are great but it is just by the numbers Morrissey songs. I'm sorry to sound so harsh but I think it is.

With each Fall album that comes along it is different, weird and unique and about 10 years ahead if it's time.

Now, I think if Morrissey had the proper drive and put the effort in to find a good producer he could make a fantastic new album, it could be really unique and different, I find that Morrissey can be a bit wet sometimes, it'd be good to see some songs where he's not so self-pitying and nihilistic, I know that's his brand but he could do some incredible songs if he adopted that approach, I want to see him snarl and yelp and shout and gurgle, his range is fantastic he has the voice for it and the amazing lyrics, he just needs that musical edge, Who knows, Johnny Marr could do some great guest guitars on a few tracks if he were to make a new album, it wouldn't be a tacky Smiths re-union by no means it could really work.

That's what i'm saying them two songs are great but it is just by the numbers Morrissey songs. I'm sorry to sound so harsh but I think it is.

With each Fall album that comes along it is different, weird and unique and about 10 years ahead if it's time.

Now, I think if Morrissey had the proper drive and put the effort in to find a good producer he could make a fantastic new album, it could be really unique and different, I find that Morrissey can be a bit wet sometimes, it'd be good to see some songs where he's not so self-pitying and nihilistic, I know that's his brand but he could do some incredible songs if he adopted that approach, I want to see him snarl and yelp and shout and gurgle, his range is fantastic he has the voice for it and the amazing lyrics, he just needs that musical edge, Who knows, Johnny Marr could do some great guest guitars on a few tracks if he were to make a new album, it wouldn't be a tacky Smiths re-union by no means it could really work.

Amen to that.

The great thing about The Fall is you get the impression that they make music for themselves, if anyone else likes it (and the always do) that's a plus, but not essential.

Does anyone have mp3's of the vinyl only bonus tracks "986 Generator" and "Get a Summer Song Goin'". You can't get them on Itunes and I don't even own a record player. I actually bought the cd, I swear!

Tags
the fall
Back
Top Bottom